Mazda 6 Forums banner

06-07 Mazdaspeed 6 production numbers?

64K views 105 replies 45 participants last post by  MORPWRR 
#1 ·
I was just curious, since the car had only a 2 year run and I live in san diego and have yet to see another MS6, I have seen some modded reg. 6 sedans and about 5 speed 3's, but no MS6's. Also I was just curious, anyone have the production info,how many and how many in each color? Also noticed that reg 6 hatches seem to be rare, I have yet to see one in person.

2007 MS6 GT & 2007 6 GT WAGON
"mazda won me over with their 6 so much I bought 2 of em"

#2 ·
QUOTE (zoom1&zoom2 @ Nov 30 2008, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483271
I was just curious, since the car had only a 2 year run and I live in san diego and have yet to see another MS6, I have seen some modded reg. 6 sedans and about 5 speed 3's, but no MS6's. Also I was just curious, anyone have the production info,how many and how many in each color? Also noticed that reg 6 hatches seem to be rare, I have yet to see one in person.

"mazda won me over with their 6 so much I bought 2 of em"[/b]
I don't know the exact number-supposedly around 10,000 for both years combined for north america.Whatever the number, 5 never made it for sale here because the car carier almost capsized on the way over and all mazdas on board were destroyed so they could not be sold. Very sad ending.

#3 ·
QUOTE (Red Bullet @ Nov 30 2008, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483281
I don't know the exact number-supposedly around 10,000 for both years combined for north america.Whatever the number, 5 never made it for sale here because the car carier almost capsized on the way over and all mazdas on board were destroyed so they could not be sold. Very sad ending.[/b]

I read that article about that ship... that was crazy and sad. Well 10K isnt alot I guess but I never see any other MS6's, it is nice though having a car that not many have.

"mazda won me over with their 6 so much I bought 2 of em"

#60 ·
QUOTE (Red Bullet @ Nov 30 2008, 09:45 AM)

Well 10K isnt alot I guess but I never see any other MS6's, it is nice though having a car that not many have.
Ya... until you go to a parts store and get blank stares. "The Vehicle doesn't show up in our database..." "Is that the same is a 6s?" or just the slack jawed face followed by "There's an AWD Turbo Mazda 6?!"

#4 ·
Perhaps in addition to this question, how do we find which is our own "production number?"

(For the record the search engine on this site blows.)

#5 ·
QUOTE (Isaac @ Nov 30 2008, 09:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483515
Perhaps in addition to this question, how do we find which is our own "production number?"

(For the record the search engine on this site blows.)[/b]

LOL, I am part of a Dakota R/T forum and have been since 2000 and since that was a low production vehicle it was something that was found out early in the game, I always thought it was kinda cool, to know that I have one of only 553 white club cab Dakota R/T's ever built. I would like the same info for the MS6... but how do we get it?

#59 ·
I was also a member of the Dakota R/T forum, still have the 99' Black Dakota R/T CC. It's a beast and I love that there aren't many on the road. Just picked up a 12' Mazda6 sGT for the wife yesterday so trying to learn things about this car.

QUOTE (Isaac @ Nov 30 2008, 09:57 PM)

LOL, I am part of a Dakota R/T forum and have been since 2000 and since that was a low production vehicle it was something that was found out early in the game, I always thought it was kinda cool, to know that I have one of only 553 white club cab Dakota R/T's ever built. I would like the same info for the MS6... but how do we get it?

#6 ·
QUOTE (zoom1&zoom2 @ Nov 30 2008, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483522
LOL, I am part of a Dakota R/T forum and have been since 2000 and since that was a low production vehicle it was something that was found out early in the game, I always thought it was kinda cool, to know that I have one of only 553 white club cab Dakota R/T's ever built. I would like the same info for the MS6... but how do we get it?[/b]
I've seen a good share of Dakota R/T's back in New England. More than you'd think since it was a RWD-only truck, wasn't it? I also remember Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limiteds, and the ever super-rare Syclones and Typhoons!!

#8 ·
#9 ·
QUOTE (Isaac @ Dec 1 2008, 12:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483532
Hahaha, hopefully that's for a reason!! Don't forget the Avenger R/T!!! :punch:[/b]
Neon R/Ts were cool! Not as cool as the ACRs, but cool.

I just finished up a 20 minute Google spree, and couldn't really find any solid info on production numbers.

Although, that 10,000 number has managed to stick around. I originally heard a couple of years ago, that it was 10,000 units for North America.

Is there a way to contact Mazda to learn the real numbers?

#10 ·
Reactions: ParaFDox
#13 ·
Hey I'm in San Diego too! Don't worry you're not the only one here... I've had the car since may of '06 and seen probably a total of 5 MS6's running around 2 of which are on this board. It feels good not to see too many MS6's here. Although many subie and evo owners know what it is and what it can do, lol...

As far as I know I thought they made 5k in 06 and 07 for a total of 10k.

#16 ·
QUOTE (Isaac @ Nov 30 2008, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483524
I've seen a good share of Dakota R/T's back in New England. More than you'd think since it was a RWD-only truck, wasn't it? I also remember Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limiteds, and the ever super-rare Syclones and Typhoons!![/b]

Yes a Dakota R/T is a RWD truck with a 5.9 v8, stock it only has 250hp but it has 345 ft lbs, mine last dyno put down 274 rwhp and 331 ft lbs. Just bolt ons, its always run pretty strong, best time is 13.61@100 with 1.99 60 ft. Trucks dont get traction. I love the truck but it was time to move on to a new toy, and I wanted something more reliable. MS6 is working out great. Here is my dakota.

http://www.dakbenimble.com

QUOTE (IHeartGroceries @ Nov 30 2008, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483539
Neon R/Ts were cool! Not as cool as the ACRs, but cool.

I just finished up a 20 minute Google spree, and couldn't really find any solid info on production numbers.

Although, that 10,000 number has managed to stick around. I originally heard a couple of years ago, that it was 10,000 units for North America.

Is there a way to contact Mazda to learn the real numbers?[/b]
Yes if you jump thru enough hoops you can get the exact info from mazda, thats how the Dakota guys did it.

QUOTE (MAZDASPEED619 @ Dec 1 2008, 09:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483641
Hey I'm in San Diego too! Don't worry you're not the only one here... I've had the car since may of '06 and seen probably a total of 5 MS6's running around 2 of which are on this board. It feels good not to see too many MS6's here. Although many subie and evo owners know what it is and what it can do, lol...

As far as I know I thought they made 5k in 06 and 07 for a total of 10k.[/b]

I figured there would be someone on here local to me... I live in La Mesa and work in San Diego close to downtown...hope to see u around. :)

#17 ·
QUOTE (zoom1&zoom2 @ Dec 1 2008, 12:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483683
Yes a Dakota R/T is a RWD truck with a 5.9 v8, stock it only has 250hp but it has 345 ft lbs, mine last dyno put down 274 rwhp and 331 ft lbs. Just bolt ons, its always run pretty strong, best time is 13.61@100 with 1.99 60 ft. Trucks dont get traction. I love the truck but it was time to move on to a new toy, and I wanted something more reliable. MS6 is working out great. Here is my dakota.

http://www.dakbenimble.com[/b]
What are...uh, WERE those? Firehawks? I hope you've got some stock in the tire companies. :p

#19 ·
QUOTE (Isaac @ Dec 1 2008, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1483689
What are...uh, WERE those? Firehawks? I hope you've got some stock in the tire companies. :p[/b]

LOL...they were Nitto's, the first 5 years I had the R/T I burned thru 9 sets of tires... I am much calmer now. LOL

#22 ·
production numbers

i just bought a 06 ms6 red in color and i was wondering the same thing and so i went to the local dealership and got some figures. just under 7,500 were sold in the us alone and of that only 800 were in red. he also printed up all the specs there are for me so if you have any questions about something hit me up at a_mad_man1984@yahoo.com. i have things such as engine, fuel system, drivetrain, chassis, exterior features, tires and wheels, interior features, interior dinensions, gear ratios, exterior dimensions, interior dimensions, capacities, plus a little more.

#25 ·
That would be cool to have one of only 800 ever made. Post those stats up yo!

#27 ·
GOOGLE is your friend

Mazda has never, and based on past experience will never, release official build numbers so we may never get an official counting.

Best we can do is get everybody you can to register on ms6db.com.

#28 · (Edited)
I've registered already on MS6DB. So far there are 300 MS6s registered. Black Cherry appears to be the rarest color. White Water Pearl is second rarest. Would be nice to know how many MS6s were sold.
bkbmazda, nice Dak R/T. Did you know Dodge aren't making anymore Dakotas. I owned a '97 and an '04. That generation Dak was the best looking, the new ones are ugly. Oh, and before I got my MS6, I drove a SRT4 Neon, that was a fun car to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.