Mazda 6 Forums banner

06-07 Mazdaspeed 6 production numbers?

64K views 105 replies 45 participants last post by  MORPWRR 
#1 ·
I was just curious, since the car had only a 2 year run and I live in san diego and have yet to see another MS6, I have seen some modded reg. 6 sedans and about 5 speed 3's, but no MS6's. Also I was just curious, anyone have the production info,how many and how many in each color? Also noticed that reg 6 hatches seem to be rare, I have yet to see one in person.

2007 MS6 GT & 2007 6 GT WAGON
"mazda won me over with their 6 so much I bought 2 of em"

#29 ·
Last 5 digits on your VIN are your production number. 10k total has been the accepted number for the past few years. There were only 3-5 lost on that tanker. The tanker was mostly n/a 3's.

I've got a '99 4wd Dakota Sport with the 5.9L in it. It gets shitty gas mileage but it's a damn good work truck. Solid engine. And 4wd is fun as hell on muddy job sites :D

#30 ·
I've always thought 10K was the number too, but we need to change to 11K-

10741 is the highest registered on ms6db & currently 41 are registered with build #'s over 10K. Of course there are only 421 Speed6's registered so far...

Have YOU registered yet?
(that wasn't at Rhoad, it's directed at EVERYBODY! go register!)

#35 ·
I've always thought 10K was the number too, but we need to change to 11K-

10741 is the highest registered on ms6db & currently 41 are registered with build #'s over 10K. Of course there are only 421 Speed6's registered so far...

Have YOU registered yet?
(that wasn't at Rhoad, it's directed at EVERYBODY! go register!)
mine is 10704... wonder if there was a range that was skipped at any point.

#31 ·
I've read 7,500 for both years combine, and the mazdaspeed dealer heard about the same, but who knows. Esp is production #'s are in the 10Ks. I wonder how many are still alive?

#33 ·
I can find VIN # data online up 10746 (JM1GG12Lx711xxxxx). I think the the only things that can change in the VIN in front of the 5 digit make number are the factory code (and I think that'll stay the same in our case) and the checksum (char 9, which I calc'd for the numbers I tried). I was able to get data online for number thru JM1...10746. 10747 and various samples beyond returned nothing.

#36 ·
#10306 here... interesting thread!

#38 ·
Elements of the VIN format are NA requirements, like the check digit, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be used outside NA. There are different specs for different world areas.

Do we have any non-NA friends on the forum who could offer up a VIN for comparison?

#39 ·
interesting question now that you've got me thinking about it. I had always assumed that the build numbers were all inclusive.... The American in me, no doubt.

#42 ·
haha thats pretty cool, 2 back from ya! Wonder what color one was inbetween us! I'll take a look at mine in a few min!

#46 ·
Yeah mine doesn't have anything out of the ordinary like what you describe.

#47 ·
Ok took a photo of it. Sorry I worded it wrong, it's not a Promotion Date, it's a Campagin Lable...

#48 ·
Ok I found out what it is. It's a recall sticker. Found this...

Dear Mazda Dealer:

Mazda Motor Corporation has decided to conduct two (2) Emission Recall Campaigns on certain
Mazda vehicles to address a Malfunction Indicator Lamp illumination concern and a malfunction
with the On Board Diagnostic adaptive feedback control system.

Recall 4807H:
MIL Illumination (DTC P2006) Voluntary Emission - 2007 CX-7, 2007

MAZDASPEED3, 2006-2007 MAZDASPEED6

Due to variety of friction between the variable swirl shutter valve and position switch, the shutter
valve actuator may not be able to fully depress the position switch. This is especially true during
cold ambient temperatures and will cause the malfunction indicator light (MIL) to illuminate with the
DTC P2006 (variable swirl shutter valve stuck closed) stored in memory. Presence of this concern
will not affect the operation of the shutter valve actuator.

Recall 4907H:

OBD-II Compliance Voluntary Emission - 2007 CX-7, 2007 MAZDASPEED3, 2006-
2007 MAZDASPEED6, 2006 Mazda6

The monitor function used to detect Short Fuel Trim maximum threshold strategy is inoperative.
Due to the lack of this monitor function, the OBD system is not capable of detecting the malfunction
that causes the adaptive feedback control to be exceeded.
In addition, it is possible that the malfunction may not be detected by any other OBD monitor
function, therefore the MIL may not illuminate. Consequently, the vehicle operator would not be
advised about the malfunction.
Owners of affected CX-7, MAZDASPEED3 and MAZDASPEED6 vehicles will be notified for both
recalls by first class mail beginning September 27, 2007.
Owners of affected Mazda6 vehicles will be notified of Recall 4907H by first class mail on October
23, 2007.

#49 ·
I'd be curious to know how many / what percentage of speed6s are/were sport models.

I have seen quite a few speed6s since they went into production and all of them had leather and sunroofs (so i assume they were all GTs)

I have yet to see a car like mine with cloth an no sunroof...

#51 ·
#0584 here

#68 ·
Reactions: IHeartGroceries
#55 ·
For the effort it took to type that you could have registered too. Schmuck....

#57 ·
:)
me too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.