Mazda 6 Forums banner

I am making and selling 52/60mm VENT_PODS

169K views 989 replies 191 participants last post by  block8head 
#1 · (Edited)
Need vent pod for your gauge?
The pod is directly replace your stock vent ,no modification required, just pop out the stock vent and replace it with the vent pod....
The pod is 100% handmade and this is why the price is what it is...... "Due to the times and labor cost"... I try my best to make them as perfect as possible
If you are not comfortable with the handmade pod ,please do not place the order.....

If you would like to purchase one ,please pm or email me for paypal and pricing info...... or you can use this link for all the info you need...
RX8 pics link: [URL]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=155820[/URL]

Mazda6/Mazdaspeed6 Dual pod:

Here is CX-7 52/60mm pod:
Note don't get confuse between the MS3 and the CX7 pod. They look identical, but the CX7 is long and bigger

How to install them can be found here:
Vent pod boost gauge install - electrical connections

How To: Install Mechanical Vac/Boost w/ Dimmer

Defrost Vent Pod installation guide

Installed 60mm STRI Boost Gauge

See less See more
#3 ·
I would be interested. Pricing????

#4 ·
I think you have touched on a sore subject for most.. A lot of us have been burned once by a vent pod maker, some were even burned twice. Now it looks like you have a few on hand which is promising. I have the prosport gauge so I am out, but don't be suprised if there is not a lot of interest...

Any chance of a version that would fit the prosport?

#6 ·
QUOTE (ATXZoomSpeed6 @ Aug 10 2008, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1409272
I think you have touched on a sore subject for most.. A lot of us have been burned once by a vent pod maker, some were even burned twice. Now it looks like you have a few on hand which is promising. I have the prosport gauge so I am out, but don't be suprised if there is not a lot of interest...[/b]
Block8head has been around for quite some time... I dont think anyone is worried about getting burned by him.

#7 ·
i bought a pod off ben (blockhead) earlier in time.
i really have been a wuss about installing my gauge but it should be going in tomorrow...
good looking piece i have infront of me.

bump for a reliable, timely seller with good looking pod (and sick looking placement too)
he also replied to my pm`s in a decent amount of time.
ill post my pics when i get in done (adding my little visor also that came with the prosport)
and its nice to see the speed 3 pods, it will be the best setup i have seen for them yet excluding the triple pod on the center dash top (nav area)

#9 ·
I have been sporting one of these pods for a few months now. Fitment and finnish is as good as any mass cast pc I have seen.
Great product and great seller!
No worries, Ben even cut me a break on shipping when I ordered the wrong size...no Top Speed or DaBears here...lol

#10 ·
Courtesy of the How-to install Cx-7 gauge and pod from Sunlokee
Installed Aeroforce Scan Gauge with Vent Gauge Pod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently purchased an Aeroforce Intercepter OBDII Scan Gauge because I wanted some kind of monitoring device for boost as well as something thats can do some performance logs (such as 0-60, 1/4 miles). I know its not as good as a real boost gauge but it'll be enough for me to see where i'm at without doing too much work. Some of you may ask why not a dashhawk....cause I think its too big and blocky, the gauge form factor is what i wanted. Heres a link to the Aeroforce site:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Some of yall pointed out that the Mazda6 forum had a guy making gauge pods for the CX-7, so I went ahead and ordered a 52mm gauge pod from him. He was very helpful and kept following up with me on the CX-7 installation. The quality is exceptional, I highly recommend this seller:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=102208

I'm not sure how many other people would want this setup, but I figure I'll post a few pictures anyway. (excuse me for the quality of the picture, only had a phone with me during install)

First, remove the driver AC vent to unscrew the defrost vent cover, also remove the small panel under A-pillar.

Since the gauge plugs directly into the OBDII port. Simply have to run the wires to the defrost vent. Start off by removing the door cover and seals:

Also have to remove the panel by the foot rest, then simply run the wire all the way to the defrost vent (there is no need for drilling at all for this process because the area under the A-Pillar has a hole connecting to the front of the AC and Defrost vent):

Connect the gauge to the cable and put everything back:

Now I have to play around with the scan gauge, but so far everything seems to work like it should.[/b]

#12 ·
Have you confirmed that the 60mm Prosport won't work if you use the included hood with it? I recently switched from a 60mm Autometer to 60mm Prosport in my center vent and found the Prosport was smaller in mounting size, but was a perfect fit once installed in the hood.

#14 ·
QUOTE (tmtbiker @ Aug 10 2008, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1409351
I'm in, 52mm please.[/b]
you got a pm....

QUOTE (jmhinkle @ Aug 10 2008, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1409360
Have you confirmed that the 60mm Prosport won't work if you use the included hood with it? I recently switched from a 60mm Autometer to 60mm Prosport in my center vent and found the Prosport was smaller in mounting size, but was a perfect fit once installed in the hood.[/b]
Edited...thanks

QUOTE (tranz @ Aug 10 2008, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1409362
You might want to make them before you start collecting money.. I think that would be best for the buyers.. :yesnod:[/b]
Note has been added...Thanks bro

#15 ·
Current list: for 52mm Pod
1.JumpingJackson - 52mm
2.tmtbiker - 52mm
3.A Paskey-52mm
4.mpsanger6-52mm
5.SuperCar Tastes - 52mm
6.pgarcia79 - 52mm
Current list: for 60mm
Current list: for 52/60mm prosport gauge if it reach 10 i will produce them
1.Wh1te0nr1ce- 60mm prosport

#17 ·
add me for the 60mm prosport

#20 ·
#21 ·
QUOTE (block8head @ Aug 10 2008, 03:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1409412
1.JumpingJackson - 52mm
2.tmtbiker - 52mm
3.SuperCar Tastes - 52mm for VEI (depending on final price; also, could you provide a hood, molded in or a separate piece?)
7.[/b]

#22 ·
I'll take one!!!

1.JumpingJackson - 52mm
2.tmtbiker - 52mm
3.SuperCar Tastes - 52mm for VEI (depending on final price; also, could you provide a hood, molded in or a separate piece
4.pgarcia79 - 52mm for VEI

#23 ·
pm's not working for me tonight..anyway, paid up and awaiting shipping details.

#24 ·
I'll take 52mm. Thanks.

#26 ·
just ordered one of these badboys! can't wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.