Mazda 6 Forums banner

I am making and selling 52/60mm VENT_PODS

169K views 989 replies 191 participants last post by  block8head 
#1 · (Edited)
Need vent pod for your gauge?
The pod is directly replace your stock vent ,no modification required, just pop out the stock vent and replace it with the vent pod....
The pod is 100% handmade and this is why the price is what it is...... "Due to the times and labor cost"... I try my best to make them as perfect as possible
If you are not comfortable with the handmade pod ,please do not place the order.....

If you would like to purchase one ,please pm or email me for paypal and pricing info...... or you can use this link for all the info you need...
RX8 pics link: [URL]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=155820[/URL]

Mazda6/Mazdaspeed6 Dual pod:

Here is CX-7 52/60mm pod:
Note don't get confuse between the MS3 and the CX7 pod. They look identical, but the CX7 is long and bigger

How to install them can be found here:
Vent pod boost gauge install - electrical connections

How To: Install Mechanical Vac/Boost w/ Dimmer

Defrost Vent Pod installation guide

Installed 60mm STRI Boost Gauge

See less See more
#54 ·
" just ordered one of these and haven't bought a gauge yet. I'm debating between the Prosport and VEI. I'd like to run Prosport's if it fits (the mounting depth is 1.25" including the studs behind the bezel). Looks like one guy made it work, can I if sanded down?"

Yeah it'll fit for sure. when I say sanded it down, i mean like 5 minutes of sanding. It's just pvc pipe it looks like. Way easy to do and fits perfect now. I couldnt see getting a digital because none of the OEM gauges are...the prosport flows better IMO

#55 ·
mine came today. fast shipping, and a good product. much beefier than i expected, some sanding required for my VEI digital. i'm glad my quest for a vent pod is over! thanks block8head.

#56 ·
QUOTE (MSP6COP @ Aug 13 2008, 03:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411787
Yeah it'll fit for sure. when I say sanded it down, i mean like 5 minutes of sanding. It's just pvc pipe it looks like. Way easy to do and fits perfect now. I couldnt see getting a digital because none of the OEM gauges are...the prosport flows better IMO[/b]
I like the idea of digital, and the VEI looks nice, but you're right nothing else is digital so it wouldn't flow well (I was also debating on the center dash pod with digital gauges, which may would by a "hybrid" style dash with both digital and analog).

I can deal with 5 min. of sanding, sounds like I'll need to for both applications seeing the guy above me has a VEI and had to sand it.
BTW, what grit did you use? Is the whole pod black or just the finish (like the material used is black, rather than just a paint overlay)?

#57 ·
QUOTE (mcms6 @ Aug 13 2008, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411759
Just recieved my pod and test fit it, it looks great! I'll try to post a pic when everything is installed. Good work block8head![/b]
Thanks Bro, i try hard to make it best looking hand made product .... I started a group interested over mazda247 club for mazda3/speed3 and turn out everyone complained: (PRICEY) they must not have known these are hand made take alotz of time and labor.. Oh well i only make for the ppls that really appreciate hand made product...............

QUOTE (tmtbiker @ Aug 13 2008, 04:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411816
mine came today. fast shipping, and a good product. much beefier than i expected, some sanding required for my VEI digital. i'm glad my quest for a vent pod is over! thanks block8head.[/b]
Thanks .... all you need is just 600 grid sand paper to sand it down or use the dremel tool with the sanding head.... i don't have all the gauge here to test fit so.... final touch is on you guys :laugh:

QUOTE (JohnnyT @ Aug 13 2008, 05:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411875
I like the idea of digital, and the VEI looks nice, but you're right nothing else is digital so it wouldn't flow well (I was also debating on the center dash pod with digital gauges, which may would by a "hybrid" style dash with both digital and analog).

I can deal with 5 min. of sanding, sounds like I'll need to for both applications seeing the guy above me has a VEI and had to sand it.
BTW, what grit did you use? Is the whole pod black or just the finish (like the material used is black, rather than just a paint overlay)?[/b]
the whole pod has been painted black so you only sand the inner ring to make the gauge fit in there, once it fit in there you cant really see it ..Be gentle when sanding it try not to let the sand paper touch the out side or the face of the pod.............

Current list: for 52mm Pod you can copy and paste your name to the list here..
1.JumpingJackson - 52mm
2.tmtbiker - 52mm
3.A Paskey-52mm
4.mpsanger6-52mm
5.SuperCar Tastes - 52mm
6.pgarcia79 - 52mm
7. JohnnyT-52mm
8.mcms6-52mm
9.hellerz85-52mm
Current list: for 60mm
1.jhershorin-60mm
2.strtfghtr -60mm
3.mmarfan-60mm
Current list: for 52/60mm prosport gauge if it reach 10 i will produce them
1.Wh1te0nr1ce- 60mm prosport
2.ATXZoomspeed6-52mm Prosport

#58 ·
Just got mine in today!! It looks awsome block8head! It came quick and the fitment is excellent!

I was originally gonna get the VEI, but does anyone think an AEM digital gauge will fit also?

#59 ·
maybe a little off-topic, and a newb question. Do you need to run a vac line to an electric gauge, like, or does it get the boost info from some other place?

#60 ·
QUOTE (TheMilitia @ Aug 13 2008, 08:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411948
maybe a little off-topic, and a newb question. Do you need to run a vac line to an electric gauge, like, or does it get the boost info from some other place?[/b]
yes you do need to run a vac line for it......................

#61 ·
QUOTE (TheMilitia @ Aug 13 2008, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1411948
maybe a little off-topic, and a newb question. Do you need to run a vac line to an electric gauge, like, or does it get the boost info from some other place?[/b]
One of my buddies was telling me that he had to run a vac line to his autometer all the way to the gauge. My prosport had a box that I mounted in the engine bay for the boost. Just depends what you get I guess.

I used a 180 sandpaper

#62 ·
I got my 60mm pod in!!

I love it thanks Ben!

(Note i can't install it yet because I have to order a longer link cable because of where my DEFI control box is mounted)
60mm Defi Link Meter BF (english units)
Anyway here's some pics I took with my phone of the gauge in.

Attachments

#63 ·
QUOTE (MSP6COP @ Aug 12 2008, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1410903
I gotta vouch for this guy. My pod is super awesome and I showed it to a bunch of people this past weekend all of which asked if my car came with it. He sent me one for a VEI digital which i bought and returned because I figured out that the prosport premium peak 52mm gauge also fits. Just had to sand the inside down a bunch.

[/b]
Sweet, well if yours fit with sanding, so will mine. Can you please elaborate on "sand down a bunch"?? As in, you were close to sanding a hole out the back of the pod, or it was a bit of a PITA but really not that bad.

If it aint that bad I may just get a 52MM pod and finish modding it myself.

Thanks..

#65 ·
QUOTE (strtfghtr @ Aug 14 2008, 05:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412291
I got my 60mm pod in!!

I love it thanks Ben!

(Note i can't install it yet because I have to order a longer link cable because of where my DEFI control box is mounted)
60mm Defi Link Meter BF (english units)
Anyway here's some pics I took with my phone of the gauge in.[/b]
:drool:

I'd be all over this pod for my Defi - if available - cash in hand - gimme.

#66 ·
QUOTE (ATXZoomSpeed6 @ Aug 14 2008, 02:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412692
Sweet, well if yours fit with sanding, so will mine. Can you please elaborate on "sand down a bunch"?? As in, you were close to sanding a hole out the back of the pod, or it was a bit of a PITA but really not that bad.

If it aint that bad I may just get a 52MM pod and finish modding it myself.

Thanks..[/b]

just the inner lip that's all, you'll see when you get it. the gauge won't fit in it.

#67 ·
since noone posted a pic of the prosport gauge, heres my 60mm/52mm

if it fits your pod then ill take the 52mm one if theres any available.

#68 ·
oh my friggin god the Defi gauges are more than double the price of most other gauges.

#69 ·
#70 ·
if you would like to know more about fitment or availability pm me... Also put your name on the interested list ..Thanks i'm very happy to hear that everyone is satified with my pod...Remember i'm here to help so feel free to contact me via pm.Thanks,Ben

QUOTE (sbspeed @ Aug 14 2008, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412873
:drool:

I'd be all over this pod for my Defi - if available - cash in hand - gimme.[/b]
more and more 60mm pod will be available in a few days ,so pm me for more info

QUOTE (wh1te0nr1ce @ Aug 14 2008, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412911
since noone posted a pic of the prosport gauge, heres my 60mm/52mm

if it fits your pod then ill take the 52mm one if theres any available.[/b]
your will have to custom make to fit......If you don't mind send me the gauge like cherryspeed did i will make a perfect one for you .........Ben

QUOTE (Dickey P @ Aug 14 2008, 04:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412715
Got a 52mm for VEI still available? If so, I'll take one!![/b]
will be available to ship on monday...........

#71 ·
i only want it to fit the 52mm part. my gauge came with a 52mm hood and i want to use it. so technically its only 2.25" deep

#72 ·
QUOTE (wh1te0nr1ce @ Aug 14 2008, 10:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412969
i only want it to fit the 52mm part. my gauge came with a 52mm hood and i want to use it. so technically its only 2.25" deep[/b]
can you take pic of the back of the gauge ...Ben

#73 ·

#75 ·
sounds good. that would be great for all the guys with prosport

#76 ·
QUOTE (wh1te0nr1ce @ Aug 14 2008, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1412996
sounds good. that would be great for all the guys with prosport[/b]
i will make some for prosport gauge this week so if anyone is interested put your name on the list as well............. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.