ABS, Traction Control and TCS Off lights - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Mazdaspeed6
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last week I took a road trip out to MD and back. 2300 miles round trip. At times I had the ABS, Traction Control and TCS Off lights turn on. Once they are on the cruise doesn't work...quite painfull on a long trip. It seems to happen when I do moderate acceleration above 80mph or decel (no brakes) above 80mph. If I turn off the car it goes away. There are no codes stored when the the lights are off.(I had the dealer try) I'm going to try to rent a scanner and try to catch it when the lights are on. The easy solution would be to just drive under 80, but that's no fun. Any ideas what is going on?
Suspension Mods: RPM Sport springs, SPC adjustable ball joints, Forged Rays MS rims
Other Mods: VG Sharkfin, Clear side markers, 808's adjustable sub EQ, Dashhawk
Waiting install: CPE catted DP, DNP manifold, Whiteline Swaybar, CPE diff mount, TT diff mount, PTP pump internals
airjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location: Where the anal itching parasites are, also known as Draper, Utah. Or is it Ohio? I can never remember.
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Turbo6Girl

Quote:
Last week I took a road trip out to MD and back. 2300 miles round trip. At times I had the ABS, Traction Control and TCS Off lights turn on. Once they are on the cruise doesn't work...quite painfull on a long trip. It seems to happen when I do moderate acceleration above 80mph or decel (no brakes) above 80mph. If I turn off the car it goes away. There are no codes stored when the the lights are off.(I had the dealer try) I'm going to try to rent a scanner and try to catch it when the lights are on. The easy solution would be to just drive under 80, but that's no fun. Any ideas what is going on?[/b]
Check your ABS fuse? Located under the hood in the fuse section -- I know a faulty/removed fuse will cause the traction light and BRAKE light to come on.

2005 Velocity Red Mica Mazda3S
AEM CAI, RB Front Sway, RB Endlinks, Sport Edition F10s

1993 Probe GTHawk HPS pads, Exedy clutch, Continental ExtremeContact DW tires, SRI, STS, NGK plugs/wires, Redline fluids, tint.

2006 Black Mica MS6 Sport, 65K miles and one hell of a love/hate relationship. She will be missed.
Turbo6Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to superskaterxes

you shouldent be going 80 in the first place........

haha totally kidding, but yea i would do the fuse thing
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
GT3076R ~ TXS BOV ~ Custom 3" MAF SRI w/ giant AEM filter ~ AP ~ FMIC ~ CPE DP ~ DNP Mani w/Tial 38mm MV-S EWG VTA'd~ CPE BT TIP ~ TWM Stage 1 ~ CPE RMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ BC CO's slammed ~ SPC BJ's ~ EBC Red's ~ Stoptech's ~ Technafit SS Lines ~ Autometer Boost & STRI EGT ~ 20% Tint ~ LED Tails ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ Xtra Shorty Antenna ~ Dashhawk ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ Whiteline RSB ~ PnP'd IM ~ CDFP Internals ~ labonte meth kit
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
you shouldent be going 80 in the first place........
haha totally kidding, but yea i would do the fuse thing[/b]
LOL, I shouldn't have been doing 80mph on Mon that's for sure. 1100 miles and averaged 78.5mph from PA through Chicago and up to MN. I didn't get pulled over, but sure saw a ton of troopers. I went to bed dreaming of troopers.
Suspension Mods: RPM Sport springs, SPC adjustable ball joints, Forged Rays MS rims
Other Mods: VG Sharkfin, Clear side markers, 808's adjustable sub EQ, Dashhawk
Waiting install: CPE catted DP, DNP manifold, Whiteline Swaybar, CPE diff mount, TT diff mount, PTP pump internals
airjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Where the anal itching parasites are, also known as Draper, Utah. Or is it Ohio? I can never remember.
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Turbo6Girl

Quote:
LOL, I shouldn't have been doing 80mph on Mon that's for sure. 1100 miles and averaged 78.5mph from PA through Chicago and up to MN. I didn't get pulled over, but sure saw a ton of troopers. I went to bed dreaming of troopers. [/b]
Wouldn't be such a bad dream if it was like that moment in Super Troopers with the Porsche.

Anyways. Check all of your fuses, if its not that then...DEALER! Heh.

2005 Velocity Red Mica Mazda3S
AEM CAI, RB Front Sway, RB Endlinks, Sport Edition F10s

1993 Probe GTHawk HPS pads, Exedy clutch, Continental ExtremeContact DW tires, SRI, STS, NGK plugs/wires, Redline fluids, tint.

2006 Black Mica MS6 Sport, 65K miles and one hell of a love/hate relationship. She will be missed.
Turbo6Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.