New TSB - This COULD be a missing link.... - Page 10 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
someone with a speed3 said they had a clicking like that and the dealer had to replace their actuator valve.[/b]
Would this be the VVT actuator valve? I would imagine if that failed, it would be the same symptom.

'06 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 6 GT
P3 BUILT Engine w/BSD, Spec 2+ Clutch, BNR Stage 3 turbo, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS Twin-Power Ignition, HPFpump w/KMD internals, Saikou Catch Can, Driver's Wheel Well Vent Cover, R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors. Cobb Accessport tuned at 24 psi w/3 Bar MAP
CP-E: Rear Mount, DeltaCore FMIC, Downpipe, SafeSeal Injector seals VentPod w/VEI boost guage, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, JBR 3.5" Full Intake, VCTS Delete, Redline Synthetic Gear Lubes, Battery Relocated to Trunk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry for taking so long, the service manager said that I had to leave the car there for them to replicate the noise when the car is cold. Since they would not perform the service without verifying the noise. I told him I would that I would let them know when I could. This from the guys that could not even get the type of oil in my car correctly. They are not a Speed dealer and who knows who is looking at my car and making these determinations. I always have warranty for another 3 years.
post #93 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
awh

be sure you record your mileage - joy rides happen.

My Velocity6 Car Domain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418091 not updated.....

My Mods : CP-E Single CBE w/ Muffler Welded In, TurboXS TP, CP-E CAI w/ Hydro Shield & Wheel Well Splash Mod, Speedie TIP, Denso Spark Plugs, CP-E Rear Engine Mount, RPM Sport Springs, CorkSport Shock Brace, Whiteline RSB, HKS BOV, TT & CP-E Diff Mounts, TT Front Engine Mount, Cobb Shifter Weight, Vent Pod w/ VEI Boost Gauge, Hardwired Beltronics RX65, Blinder Laser Jammer (ask about install), Hardwired Audiolink & Garmin Nuvi 760 in Map Pocket, Hardwired Scan Gauge II in Sunglass Holder, Bose Pre-Amp, HID Fogs, Smoked Rear Reflectors w/LEDs, Side Markers Tinted w/Film, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, Redline Hood Struts, TWM Shift Knob & Shifter Bushings,Winter Set Up - 225 Pirelli Sottozeros on White Powder Coated OEM Rims, Summer Set Up - 225 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on Konig Troubles, Fluids (Royal Purple 5w30, Redline 75w90 in the Differential, Redline MT-90 75w90 in the Transmission, Amsoil 80w90 in the Transfer Case)
post #94 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:37 PM

Just got back from taking having my dealer check this out. Took car over last night and then went back and started it up this morning. Denied the VVT and the HPFP. I have an early build MS6 also. 11/05. Anyway they said for the HPFP I have to have the code also. Oh well, maybe I will just get an ecu that can fix these issues or buy the HPFP from CP-E or something.

My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes!!!
post #95 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow...more dealer BS. My dealer had to pull my HPFP in order to check the stamped production date that is engraved into the collar of the pump shaft. No CEL codes were ever present when I took my car in. I just told them that I had power loss when the engine was warm and told them my car hiccups in 6th gear at 3000 rpm.

The production code for the pump is alpha coded for month and year of production. Print the TSB for the fuel pump and have them check it against the code in the TSB.

EDT: My build date was Jan-'06

'06 Black Cherry Mica MS6 GT w/sunroof
Engine/drivetrain: Cobb AP (Stg.1 91 v1.02) AEM SRI w/ air straightner,
Speedie6's T.I.P, Forge BPV, Denso ITV22 spark plugs, SU Silicon Boost Tubes, silicon recirc. and vac. tubes
Saikou Michi OCC w/ 2 PCVs, CP-E Motor Mount, SU Stiff Diff bracket
Exterior: Badgeless AE style grill, 18x7.5 Kazera KZ-T Silver Rims, 215/45/18 Hankook V12 Evo
Bilstein shocks, AutoEXE Lowdown springs, SPC ball joints, Magnaflow catback, Redline Tuning hood shocks,
Interior: Lotek gauge pod w/ ProSport boost, water, volts gauges,
TWM stage 2 short shifter w/bushings, Redline short shift boot
post #96 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:18 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
okay so lets say I have thank fully never had this other ticking/rat-tat-tat ing at start up but want the VVT TSB done. if your pin goes does the ticking happen on every start up? Is it possible to get away with saying to the dealership that it has happened a couple of times? I am pretty tight with my dealership but still they can't do warranty stuff if nothing is really wrong, they won't get reimbursed. Is this possible or is the sound something that happens every time?

As for the HPFP-I think I can swing my dealership to replace it and reflash me, 09/05 build date.

2006 WhiteWater Pearl Mica on Black GT w/Sunroof built 9/05, Mi: 46xxx
Winter: 215/45 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S C
Summer: 225/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE760's
Cobb AP*CPE CAI*TTWAI*Synapse BPV*SU TP (res)* CPE DCBE*SU MM*TTFMM*TTRDM*SS brake & clutch lines*Whiteline ARSB (Hard)*Kspecs & Konis* TWM SS Stage 2 w/bushings*Valentine1*Omori Boost Gauge w/block8head pod*White interior LEDs*Cupholder LED Mod*Clear Corners w/Amber LEDs*Odessey PC680MJT w/Billet Hold Down
post #97 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 PM

mine was not included on this

SOLD!!2006 Pearl White Mazdaspeed6
CObb SRI/Forge Bypass Valve/TWM Stage 1/Prosport Boost Gauge/AEM Wideband/Prosport Volt Gauge/H&R Springs/18" Gunmetal Tenzo DC5 V2/Nitto Neo-Gens/Magnaflow Catback/VG Sharkfin/Eyelids/Denso Plugs

New Ride:
2009 BMW 335i
Procede V_5/Injen Intake/Plasti-dip Roof/19" Breyton's
post #98 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
okay so lets say I have thank fully never had this other ticking/rat-tat-tat ing at start up but want the VVT TSB done. if your pin goes does the ticking happen on every start up? Is it possible to get away with saying to the dealership that it has happened a couple of times? I am pretty tight with my dealership but still they can't do warranty stuff if nothing is really wrong, they won't get reimbursed. Is this possible or is the sound something that happens every time?

As for the HPFP-I think I can swing my dealership to replace it and reflash me, 09/05 build date.[/b]
The clackety clicking noise happens at startup whether it's hot or cold and the key variable is whether you've let the car sit for several minutes after shutting it down and restarting it. That's when the noise occurrs. If you shut it off and immediately start it back up, it won't do it.

'06 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 6 GT
P3 BUILT Engine w/BSD, Spec 2+ Clutch, BNR Stage 3 turbo, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS Twin-Power Ignition, HPFpump w/KMD internals, Saikou Catch Can, Driver's Wheel Well Vent Cover, R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors. Cobb Accessport tuned at 24 psi w/3 Bar MAP
CP-E: Rear Mount, DeltaCore FMIC, Downpipe, SafeSeal Injector seals VentPod w/VEI boost guage, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, JBR 3.5" Full Intake, VCTS Delete, Redline Synthetic Gear Lubes, Battery Relocated to Trunk
post #99 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

As for the HPFP-I think I can swing my dealership to replace it and reflash me, 09/05 build date.[/b]
The ticking, in my situation, always started upon cold start-ups. There was no gradual failure. I woke up one morning and there it was. My service advisor also said that they needed to hear it to make a warranty claim so I left my car overnight and in the morning it rat,tat,tated for them in full glory.

'06 Black Cherry Mica MS6 GT w/sunroof
Engine/drivetrain: Cobb AP (Stg.1 91 v1.02) AEM SRI w/ air straightner,
Speedie6's T.I.P, Forge BPV, Denso ITV22 spark plugs, SU Silicon Boost Tubes, silicon recirc. and vac. tubes
Saikou Michi OCC w/ 2 PCVs, CP-E Motor Mount, SU Stiff Diff bracket
Exterior: Badgeless AE style grill, 18x7.5 Kazera KZ-T Silver Rims, 215/45/18 Hankook V12 Evo
Bilstein shocks, AutoEXE Lowdown springs, SPC ball joints, Magnaflow catback, Redline Tuning hood shocks,
Interior: Lotek gauge pod w/ ProSport boost, water, volts gauges,
TWM stage 2 short shifter w/bushings, Redline short shift boot
post #100 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 PM

ok so it would happen all the time.... shitty so everyone here who has had it done has had this failure... that really sucks. I just wish I could have this done preemptively

2006 WhiteWater Pearl Mica on Black GT w/Sunroof built 9/05, Mi: 46xxx
Winter: 215/45 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S C
Summer: 225/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE760's
Cobb AP*CPE CAI*TTWAI*Synapse BPV*SU TP (res)* CPE DCBE*SU MM*TTFMM*TTRDM*SS brake & clutch lines*Whiteline ARSB (Hard)*Kspecs & Konis* TWM SS Stage 2 w/bushings*Valentine1*Omori Boost Gauge w/block8head pod*White interior LEDs*Cupholder LED Mod*Clear Corners w/Amber LEDs*Odessey PC680MJT w/Billet Hold Down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page