Mazda 6 Forums banner

MazdaSpeed6 Pricing Thread

269K views 2K replies 484 participants last post by  Granby Smelter 
#1 ·
i got a call and got a offer, 22,900 plus 12k in trade in at 2.9apr.

227bux a month for 60months. huge jump from 10k they offered me.

EDIT By Moderator:
This is the official topic for pricing on the Mazdaspeed6.

#2 ·
i got a call and got a offer, 22,900 plus 12k in trade in at 2.9apr.

227bux a month for 60months. huge jump from 10k they offered me.
[/b]
That's for the lease?

With these kinds of prices I want to get another :p

#6 ·
#11 ·
dude what color? if its titanium grey and it has more than 100 miles DONT TAKE IT! i rode that sucker pretty hard on my overnight testdrive, took it out to manassas and back... whats your credit like?... by the way...

with me they said: 350/mo for 2 years with the option to continue payments after those two years, something about mazda loyalty, about 16,000 for my low milage 2005 6i 5-door sport with a few add-ons... i wanted to take that deal BAD, but am glad now that i waited! 07's are comin out fo sho, and malloy still has about 12 -15 speed6's on the lot, gonna get me one with a very very good deal!

good luck dude! and someone said that was lease... is it lease or finance?

aaaaand browns fairfax mazda has much better service in my opinion...

#12 ·
Sounds like you are hetting a hell of a deal.... The MSP's are not getting as much as you think in the trade market.. 13-14 tops you would be better off selling it private party if you want more.

#13 ·
okay its titanium sport with 100 miles on it, its been on the lot since jan with build date 11/05. I'll just avoid it. Wait for the end of the year rebates. Honestly the clutch take up felt very springy and didn't someone say he bought the 5/06 build date car and clutch was much better. Anyways i want a liquid silver.

#14 ·
i mean hey man, its for sure a good deal, just complain about the clutch one month in and get a new one or something... it fo sho was a fun ass car to drive! had to hold back the big big urge to do 100 on the highway or rte 123...

#15 ·
I have my 04 6s, mtx, fully loaded, im just wondering how they're gonna rape me on trading it in. I want a Grand Touring and I told them I want to lease it, perhaps for 3 years. So far they offered me a 333 payment for 24 months with 1500 down, so add about 60 dollars and it'll get me to the payment I want with no money down.

I am still thinking hard about it, tomorrow is the last day of the month, so I think in the morning im gonna go by the dealership, if the present me with anything that represents a good deal, I may bite. I can obviously hold out til October and probably get more rebates and a better price.

#17 ·
man, it is tough. i am also in the market for a MazdaSpeed6 GT. i want mine whitewater pearl w/white&black leather and moonroof. dealers around here are bullshietin me that they never sell below invoice. i almost want to settle for 28K + TTL. :huh: what do you guys think???

#18 ·
man, it is tough. i am also in the market for a MazdaSpeed6 GT. i want mine whitewater pearl w/white&black leather and moonroof. dealers around here are bullshietin me that they never sell below invoice. i almost want to settle for 28K + TTL. :huh: what do you guys think???
[/b]
He's lying but if the car is worth that to you then do it. It's all about what you feel good about, if the cars is exactly what you want and you can afford the price and feel happy about it the screw it buy the car. Not everyone is going to get below invoice pricing all the time, especially if he knows you really set on one car. Good luck.

#19 ·
The biggest mistake you made was showing how much you wanted the car :slap: salesmen are trained to zero in on your responses and emotions to try and get the best deal they can out of you. When I first started negociations, they were feeding me the same line that they are giving you(its their job) and I thanked them for their time, gave them my info, and told them to call me when they have any deals going on. well, on the drive home from the dealership, they called me to say they "found" a lower apr and they could sell me cheaper, I said no thanks. They called at month end to say that the gm is willing to go 2000 below invoice for the car, but ONLY this month, well i turned them down again because the apr stilll was not good enough for someone who had credit as good as mine. So if you think you can wait, good things come to those who can, but if you cant and you are satisfied with the current offer, then go for it.

#20 ·
I got mine (tit gry gt w/moonroof no navi) for nearly $1700 under invoice. I shopped that around and all the other dealers declined to beat it. I figure that's some indication of good deal. But I'm sure it will only get better if you wait. Though selection is gettin low around here (N. CA) if you have specific colors/options you want.

#21 ·
So if you think you can wait, good things come to those who can.[/b]
Not necessarily - there are fewer and fewer of the '06's on the lots every day you wait for that "special deal". You may end having no options other than the 07's which will likely be more money or have less discounts (same thing, right?). Keep in mind, these cars are already selling at (or around) invoice - there are a lot of shoppers that are very happy with that type of deal - haven't you noticed the spike in "I ust bought a MS6" posts in the last week or so??? So, potentially, those that wait may end up paying more or doing without.... :(

#22 ·
Did you just say a spike? :slap: I can count the amount of new sales Ive seen come up on this forum this month, that is not exactly record #'s, in fact its downright pathetic. Like ive said there are 9 speeds on the dealer lot 4 miles from my house, the same 9 that have not moved in 4MONTHS. If i widen my search to 50 miles its 70!!!!!! I didnt tell him not to buy the car, but if he waits it WILL be a win/win situation, either he gets a speed at a greater discount, or he can get an 07 with all the fixes/upgrades over the 06, which if you wait until then, you can have a greater down payment saved up. Personally im gonna wait until I get the deal I want, but if anyone else just has to have what they want now, by all means go get it. And you have to realize that a car will most likely be the second most expensive expense in your life following your home, so there is no need to rush into it or take a deal your not completely comfortable with. :)

#23 ·
There are no MS6's left at the dealer in my neighbourhood - they sold all 4 in June due to the 1.9 apr. - Over the last week or so there have been a few members chiming in with their purchase - I don't want to debate the numbers with you.
As for this situation being a "win / win", your logic is rediculous - if he waits until the '06's are all sold, he pays more for the 2007 - it's as simple as that.
Good luck with your car purchase - I do hope you get the deal you're after - meanwhile, I'm driving mine because I have better things to do than wait for a dealer to call me and tell me they are willing to give me a car. Time is money and I'd rather not spend my life sqeezing nickels over a car purchase. If I spend a thousand or two more than you (if you ever buy one), I'll live with that decision and the consequential $15 - $20 per month.
And please stop giving people advice - I'm a buyer by profession and you are the worst type of customer. Dealers see you coming a mile away - you are the one that wants the car below cost and then, upon purchasing, you turn into an after market nightmare - you quibble over every little thing about the car and and are never happy until the day to trade it in.

#24 ·
Ha, I knew you had to be a salesman, and yes I am the customer that salemen hate, Informed and in control. and yes 15-20 dollars a month does add up to thousands over the term, which I and the majority of other members of this site come here to learn how to save. I walked out of a dealership yesterday, and today another dealership called to tell me they will give me what I want, I now have them getting the car I wanted from the dealership that said no :p waiting the 2 months i did is now going to save me over 4500 dollars!!! And you are the one that should stop giving advice, people come here to see if it is possible to save money, if you choose to be a "professional buyer" but you dont worry about 15-20 dollars, which I will be saving about 75 a month, then good for you, but if we choose to do it thats our perrogative!!! I would have bought the car a lot sooner if it was not for some of the great advice I picked up on this website, and I would have kicked myself right about now. And again, if he feels like he has to have the car now because the configuration he wants will be gone, go for it, but I seriously Doubt 2 months from now none will be available, thats just plain stupid!!!! Oh, would you like to take a look at my trade? im sure a professional buyer would give me a better deal than a dealership :)

#25 ·
Like I said, you're a nightmare - and you missed my point entirely. I do wish you'd stop speaking on behalf of the members of this forum - I doubt they all worship the almighty $ the same way you do. And I'm not saying that we should simply pay the asking price - what I am trying to say is that if you want to squeeze every nickle, go ahead - just don't tell the rest of us how to make a car purchase - we are not all motivated the way you are (money, money, money).

"The biggest mistake you made was showing how much you wanted the car salesmen are trained to zero in on your responses and emotions to try and get the best deal they can out of you".

Your quote above has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard - they are trained to zero in on your responses? :slap: They're just trying to make a living like the rest of us; they just happen to sell cars.

#26 ·
im a nightmare? hahahahahha show me another post on this site where a member didnt try to get the best deal that they could. look at the posts in this forum alone, guys left and right asking if they are receiving good offers and how to get better deals, if a guy asks a question on this forum, im going to give him my honest response .Me worship the almighty dollar, that is hilarious. I think you also missed my point entirely. I am speaking on behalf of every average person who works hard for their money and wants to keep as much of it as he can, including the guy who started this thread!!! he wants opinions and he will get it. Guys on this site have gotten better deals than I am getting, do they worhip the almighty dollor too? Did you see that little sticker next to the MSRP when the speed came out? the one that said Market Adjusment and added 2000 extra to the price, that is what we would have been paying if it was selling like hotcakes but is not, and thats the nature of the beast. If the car was selling like mazda hoped it would, then trust me I would have bought one closer to MSRP, but When you have a product that is not selling, there is only one solution, price reduction. A dealer would not feel bad if they sold way above MSRP, and a consumer should have no remorse buying way below. No salemen would get together and talk about how much they overcharged for their cars, unless it was to congradulate each other. That is what THIS site is about, 6 club MEMBERS, how to be informed, how to buy cheaper and smarter. To tell another member to walk away from a deal he doesnt like is not only the smart thing to do, its the RIGHT one. As for you saying salesman arent trained to your responses, then you have a lot to learn. this is not just a theory, it a fact!! They all have a trained set of questions and responses. Its why they take you on test drives, so you get emotional and excited, they want you to think about the experience and not the purchase. Its why they turn up the radio on certain models, to distract the fact that the car soulds like hell. Its why they take you into the little room to sit down, the longer you are there the more likely you are to purchase a car. its why they always say "what can I do to get you in this car" when you are leaving, and not when you are first looking at it. Because you are being sized up, and the more excited you are, the more likely you are to throw caution to the wind and be spontaneous. As for salesmen trying to make a living, they will continue to, their will be many more cars to sell, and if you are MORE worried about the salesman than yourself, good for you. But this is not mazdasalesmenclub, this site is about members. I am sure we could both go on and on about this matter, so I will end my responses with this message to the original poster.

If you fell like you have to get the car now and you are comfortable with the deal, then go for it, like I said in the beginning. If you think you can wait then wait. Their is nothing wrong with shopping other dealerships for better prices, if they didnt want to compete, then they would not put themselves within such close proximity of each other!!

P.S.

The car dealership called me today to say the car I wanted was being requested by another dealer, and if I was sure I didnt want it. After I magically guessed which one was requesting it, he said they would match the offer and give me 200 more for my trade. I told them thanks but I had already committed to the other dealership. I not totally a money worshipper, I made a deal and was sticking to it.

Also I have to say when you are negociating with a saleman, always be honest and respectful. I never said be an asshole and shoot off at the mouth about how bad the cars are selling, or how much they will still make on it. If you are walking out, kindly leave your contact info and if they are willing to negociate, then they will call you, it not, then you are not wasting their time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.