Wireless charging for the 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 39 Times in 32 Posts
Wireless charging for the 6

I read a few threads about this. You can buy one of those little wireless pads and use those tiny USB plugs and connect it to the cigarette lighter socket.

I plan on buying an iPhone 8 one of these days. I also found people online installing on the arm rest/center console, but that phone would fly away. This would only work for people who already a small hole on top of the arm rest/center console

Then I found this
http://www.brandmotion.com/freedom-charge/wireless-charging/universal-center-armrest-qi-wireless-charging-kit-fdmc-1213.html

Pricey, but it would look great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I'll give you credit on this one; nice find. I've been trying to figure out a way to integrate my AirLift remote, phone, and a drink somewhere in my center console. My first plan involved putting the remote near the cigarette lighter beneath the CD player, but doing it cleanly is a challenge. I like my phone to lay flat and accessible in the cupholder, and putting the remote there would make the tougher, and mean I can't have a water bottle there.

If you pick this up and install, let us know how it goes. I've added it to my list as a possibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

too expensive, maybe if it costed half that, there has a to be a way to put a wireless pad under the console or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 08:23 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
The word you're looking for is costs.

2016 Mazda6 Touring
2011 Ford F150
1994 Ford Mustang GT
1948 Willys CJ2A

The Following User Says NO Thank You to Lutter05 For This Un-useful Post:
K_Clark_17RTR (06-22-2018)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Anyway when you think about wireless charging is just a gimmick, is not really wireless lol the past has to be connected somewhere. More like cordless charging and is slow plus heats up the phone.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 09:16 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
Anyway when you think about wireless charging is just a gimmick, is not really wireless lol the past has to be connected somewhere. More like cordless charging and is slow plus heats up the phone.
Qi charging does warm the phone up some, but has gotten much quicker (at least for recent android devices). I have a vent-mounted magnetic Qi charger that works great, as long as you don't mind sacrificing one of your vents. They also make several dash or windshield mounted options.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Clark_17RTR View Post
Qi charging does warm the phone up some, but has gotten much quicker (at least for recent android devices). I have a vent-mounted magnetic Qi charger that works great, as long as you don't mind sacrificing one of your vents. They also make several dash or windshield mounted options.
I was thinking of buying the iPhone 8 plus but couldn't justify spending that much more when the difference between 7 and 8 plus are very few

I got the 7 plus, my first iPhone ever lol
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
It's slow for the iPhone. My note 8 probably charges faster wirelessly than apple does plugged up. Its def not a gimmick. Apple's cell phone division is just 4 years behind Samsung.

Automobile wireless charging is useless if you use AA or CarPlay. And that's the main reason I have dove into on my Yukon with a Pioneer 4200NEX or my M6 with the 2400NEX. It literally serves no purpose.

And wireless AA/CarPlay is going to be garbage since music quality over bluetooth terrible, lol.

But who cares about sound quality? CD's are basically dead and you still have to spend pretty big bucks for a headunit that reads decent music files.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protégé, Sell Pending*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page