Toyota Camry looking better than the 6 - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Thanked 1,101 Times in 805 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Click me!

Not only did the Mazda6 make the list, but they're the ONLY automaker on there with multiple vehicles listed (Mazda3, MX-5 Miata).

Did anyone see the Camry, or any other Toy, on there?

/thread

GerryB likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mz6GreyGhost For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (04-09-2018), GerryB (04-09-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Boom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 02:50 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,789 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
Click me!

Not only did the Mazda6 make the list, but they're the ONLY automaker on there with multiple vehicles listed (Mazda3, MX-5 Miata).

Did anyone see the Camry, or any other Toy, on there?

/thread
Not to mention, they specifically said that if the scope of the review covered more than just cars/sedans and included Crossovers and SUVs, Mazda would have had everything listed.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Its all subjective. Camry is a great car and its no fluke that its been one of the best selling vehicles in North America for over 20 years now. I bet if you log into a camry/Toyota forum, you'll have people praising its virtues over competition.

As a Mazda fanboy, i still like to believe that the Mazda6 is the best looking car in its class. The rear of Mazda6 has always been a tad conservative and i hope mazda fixes it in future refreshes. Atleast to me mazda is still the best overall package when it comes to looks, interiors and performance. Ofcourse, by no means i am questioning the ability of Toyota or Honda to produce fun cars as i eagerly look forward to the launch of the new Supra. The new Accord has won many accolades especially for its engine and handling and is now considered to be the new benchmark for the segment, but i am having a hard time liking its front.

Camrys in the last 2 generations have grown more stiffer, and to my eyes the new Camry especially in XSE trim in black and blue looks good. Perhaps its the ubiquitous presence of Camry that just makes me think they are dull compared to the mazda6 that still holds that exclusivity (probably the only positive byproduct to come from lackluster sales! )

Something i've learnt the hard way over the years is not to mess with harmless looking Toyotas wearing V6 badges, they are deceptively quick ! Its hardly a surprise that Toyota continues to use the variants of 3MZ and 2GR motors to this day in multiple applications.

Bottom line, buy what your heart desires. These cars are so close in quality and performance that one cannot go wrong no matter what they choose to buy.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really like the xse red interior and all the upgrades Toyota puts in that Camry

I think the front still looks like azz and the plastic fake vents look off to me. My family has had Honda's, Toyotas in the past. Good brand, good quality.

I like Mazdas now. I enjoy how my car looks in the parking lot and how it drives.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 39 Times in 32 Posts
red interior looks nice, but is too bright for my liking
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Unfortunately, the new Camry front end in white looks just like an Imperial Storm-trooper to me. Its just awkward looking, like TMC is trying too hard. Sorta like Honda with the new Civic Si/R. And, only Toyota would be able to give their base engine a 25 hp boost in output...and end up with a slower car! Geez guys, what gives?

BUT, all that being said...now that Mazda has decided to go up-market and make the 6 into a semi-luxury model, and also decided to relegate the manual transmission to lowly base-model-only status, I'm going to stir the pot and say that, if I was in the market for a $35k suedo-luxury mid-sizer, I'd rather have the big V-6 mill in a Camry XSE than this new wiz-bang turbo signature 6.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcme0557 View Post
Unfortunately, the new Camry front end in white looks just like an Imperial Storm-trooper to me. Its just awkward looking, like TMC is trying too hard. Sorta like Honda with the new Civic Si/R. And, only Toyota would be able to give their base engine a 25 hp boost in output...and end up with a slower car! Geez guys, what gives?

BUT, all that being said...now that Mazda has decided to go up-market and make the 6 into a semi-luxury model, and also decided to relegate the manual transmission to lowly base-model-only status, I'm going to stir the pot and say that, if I was in the market for a $35k suedo-luxury mid-sizer, I'd rather have the big V-6 mill in a Camry XSE than this new wiz-bang turbo signature 6.
Well, if you find yourself in the market be sure and drive them back to back. I did and IMO the turbo in the 6 is the better engine. More responsive, better mileage, just better. The industry as a whole is going smaller regarding engines, quickly heading toward (total) electrification.

I spent more time researching this purchase than for any other vehicle I've ever purchased (and there have been more than I can count) and after checking all the boxes, for this segment the Mazda 6 was the clear winner.

Also, the turbo 4 banger is not all that new as it has been in the CX-9 three years now?

2018 Signature
White Pearl - Chestnut
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
Well, if you find yourself in the market be sure and drive them back to back. I did and IMO the turbo in the 6 is the better engine. More responsive, better mileage, just better. The industry as a whole is going smaller regarding engines, quickly heading toward (total) electrification.

I spent more time researching this purchase than for any other vehicle I've ever purchased (and there have been more than I can count) and after checking all the boxes, for this segment the Mazda 6 was the clear winner.

Also, the turbo 4 banger is not all that new as it has been in the CX-9 three years now?
Good points all. We all bring different needs and desires to the table. As my dear old mother used to say, "one man's meat is another man's poison."

Honestly, my next car is going to be a smaller hatchback. I don't need a mid-size 4-door any more.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
No stick and car testers all say that while the new Camry handles well, it doesn't have the same feel as the 6. Since the drivers feel is what made me fall in love with the six, I'm not feeling any temptation.
If I needed any further disincentive, the price difference would keep me in my wonderful 6 Touring.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page