Join Date: Jan 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
2009 Mazda 6 3.7L, customization, info, etc.
I'm looking at a couple of really nice 2009 Mazda 6 3.7L v6 cars. One has 38k miles the other 18k, both spotless like new.
I read through the form (and Google) about some of this, but I don't see this engine being mentioned.
* Removing the governor, adding some HP - anyone work on this engine? What are the consequences (good and bad) for doing so, such as voiding warranty or reducing MPG efficiency?
* I read issues with the factory remote starter, where they had problems with the vehicle turning off as soon as a hatch or door was opened.
* Issues with the Navigation system not working properly (up to recent models)
* I drive 84 miles per day (!), easily packing on the miles -- I take care of my cars. How are these engines rated at high miles?
* Any other common mechanical issues I need to be aware of with this newer model?
* Cabin noise from driving higher speeds on the highway, eventually some rattling. ?
The Autocheck reports for the two cars I reviewed both indicate they had to have repairs made only to comply with NH emissions (so it's probably not a serious repair). No other repairs reported.
What I found curious at his dealership is that these two cars were not Certified Pre-Owned -- they were bought at auction in the northeast region (1 owner each). The salesman mentioned that not doing so was partly due to their being under manufacturer warranty... is that true or BS?
I wasn't too impressed with the Bose sound system, and there's no Navigation -- from what I've read, many people prefer to go third party to replace these...
Sorry if this is too much to ask... but I appreciate your time.