Throttle Body replacement 2003 Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Mazda6 (Atenza)
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body replacement 2003 Mazda 6

Hey all,

I have a 2003 Mazda 6s. Recently, I've come to learn that I will need to replace the throttle body on my car. It has 95K on it. Car won't accelerate when pressing gas pedal, and the CEL codes are for throttle body.

I've searched the forum, and apparently other people have had this problem, too. There was a Technical Service Bulletin posted in 2006 for these throttle bodies, but they only appear to be covered if your car is under warranty (which my car isn't). So, my questions are:

(1) What are your thoughts on ordering the throttle body online? I know that apparently Cordovamotorsports.com sells one, but cheapest one there is $415 for my car. I found an OEM one on Ebay for $215, but it just includes the throttle body, no other hardware included. Although, I'm assuming that there's not much else one has to buy with the throttle body aside from the gasket?

(2) Will replacing the throttle body resolve this issue? The Mazda mechanic says there's no reprogramming or anything necessary, so I'm hoping the CEL will go away with the replacement and no other software reprogramming is necessary

Just as a fyi, the engine on this car blew out at 80K about a year and a half ago (yes, I was regular with oil changes). Kind of a freak thing, but since then, the clutch has been replaced ($900K), as well as this random purge valve ($500) and fuel pump ($600). Needless to say, I'm fed up with this car, and Mazda in general. What was initially a great car has been nothing but headaches for the last 2 years.

Thanks!
omar1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
banana boat.

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 50 Times in 46 Posts

Sounds like you are paying people and not doing any research before swiping the card. Always a costly mistake.

You can use a 3.7L TB with an adapter which is what most will do in your situation. You can ebay one and hope for the best. I think Justin(thegreatny) has a spare or two laying around as well.
flipper66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.