I need help with my flip key! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Mazda6 (Atenza)
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I first got my mazda 6 it came with a key and remote seperate. I loved the flip keys and I had been reading some forums about how you can program a flip to to your car. So I got the flip, got it cut, it starts my car perfectly fine(but doesnt unlock the doors I dont know if thats normal) but I cant seem to be able to program the remote to my car. From what I was reading, it sounded like i should have been able to, but process of steps hasnt been working. Anyone know why? Or something else I can try? Or will it just not work because I need a key and remote separate?
Thank you all!
Andrew
CameronCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

QUOTE (CameronCrazy @ Nov 5 2008, 10:13 PM)
Quote:
When I first got my mazda 6 it came with a key and remote seperate. I loved the flip keys and I had been reading some forums about how you can program a flip to to your car. So I got the flip, got it cut, it starts my car perfectly fine(but doesnt unlock the doors I dont know if thats normal) but I cant seem to be able to program the remote to my car. From what I was reading, it sounded like i should have been able to, but process of steps hasnt been working. Anyone know why? Or something else I can try? Or will it just not work because I need a key and remote separate?
Thank you all!
Andrew[/b]
I'm assuming your car is a pre-2006 model if it originally came with a non-flip key and a seperate remote. If so, the answer to your question is it can't be done. The body control computer is what the remote "talks" to, and instructs the car to lock and unlock doors. That computer module is completely different for the newer cars with the flip keys, and no you can't just put the newer body control computer module in your car to make it work with the flip key, sorry.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Hostility

so does this mean if you have a flip key you cant get the seperated ones either?

2007 Mazda6i ATX//35W 8000k Apexcone HIDs//5% tint//AEM CAI
Megan Racing H-Brace//Tein S-tech lowering springs//D/S Rotors
Tanabe Concept G axleback exhaust//700w Interfire Amplifier
350w 12" MB Quart Sub//Pioneer Head Unit//18x8 215/40 Nexxen
Hostility is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to tints22

no it means the remote control aspect on the flip key doesn't work with the older models that it wasn't intended for.
AEM SRI | Apexecone 55W 6000k | MTX Thunder 8500 12 Inch Subwoofer with SledgeHammer Box-1000 Watt Amp| 18" Chrome Enkei LM 1 5s with Falken 452s | Tanabe 210NF springs | Blue Interior LED's, Super White License Plate | Remote Start | Smoked Side Markers | Smoked Rear Reflectors | Smoked LED tails | Stubby Antenna| | 35 % Side Tint, 20% Rear | Etc | Next Mod: Some kind of exhaust</span> <span style="color:#FF8C00">Paid off as of 6/08
tints22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.