2016 Mazda6 Sub and Amp Install (Non-Bose) - Page 5 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Hi Mach1219

The grommet definitely works but I just prefer to leave the grommet intact. That way there is no way for me to accidentally cut any wires already inside of it(even though that is very hard to accidentally do due to the size of the grommet on this car) and it took me about 8 seconds to drill the hole when at times, you can fight with grommets for quite a while. Both ways work and each car’s grommet has different difficulty levels of getting through. Everyone can kind of decide for themselves on that one. Thanks for adding another option.

Thanks for the tip of where to find a more suitable ground bolt. I have never been happy with where I put mine though luckily, I have had zero issues with my ground as well. I need to stop some rattling from the third brake light and will need to remove the seat bottom to get to where I need to be so I will take that time to also move my ground to your specified location.

A compact sub would be a great idea and I would love to have more cargo space but I also LOVE bass. So I compromised with a 12" sealed sub to keep it small. And I made it very easy to disconnect the sub and amp and remove from my car completely in less than a minute. Already had to do that a few times when I had to haul my dog's metal kennel around and I threw a Christmas tree into my trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
umm i think ill just pay a pro to do it right than risking ruining my car
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Power View Post
umm i think ill just pay a pro to do it right than risking ruining my car
If you lack the skills, experience and tools required to do it yourself, by all means, that would be a better option for you. Keep in mind the "pro" you are referring to is probably an underpaid hack who is installing car stereos because he wasn't good enough to do anything better in life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1219 View Post
If you lack the skills, experience and tools required to do it yourself, by all means, that would be a better option for you. Keep in mind the "pro" you are referring to is probably an underpaid hack who is installing car stereos because he wasn't good enough to do anything better in life.
most of the writeups or how tos here and car forums are vague and assume everyone already knows everything, so how is one supposed to learn unless you see a video or in person, is impossible, not other choice but pay someone to do it

thats the problem with internet "guides". The person writes the steps from his frame of mind, thus, assuming everyone will follow his extremely simplified steps
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 AM

I understand. Electrical work especially can be hard to do from a vague internet how to that was rushed through. No shame in paying somebody.
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I would agree that install guides are not able to make any install a simple and worry free thing, especially for someone that hasn't done that certain thing themselves before. But the cool thing about them being put on a forum on the internet is that it can get you pointed in the right direction and you have the ability to then take pictures and ask questions as you find parts of an install that do not make sense.

Before I do anything I've never done before, I do a ton of research and find videos and written guides. I then start taking things apart like I'm about to do the job but don't actually start cutting wires or drilling holes or anything else more permanent and dangerous. If I find anything I don't understand, I then ask and figure it out. Once I feel I can handle the job I get started. Usually, even though I practiced before hand and already asked questions, I find more questions I need to ask to finish the job.

With that, if you don't feel comfortable with something, don't do it. I have paid to get things done for me because I don't believe I'll get the job done correctly or well. Also, I am not as adventurous on my 2016 Mazda 6 as I was on my 93 Honda civic or on my 02 ford mustang.

Let us know if you have any questions and we all will do our best to help out!
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I dont know how different the 2013 head unit is from the 2016, but im about to install a sub in my non bose car and im not sure where to connect the sub signals. Just thought id ask her before making a new thread thats probably have been made before. Ive tried googling it and as far as i can tell ill need a signal converter. Does anyone know of a guide on how to connect a sub to the head unit of a non bose system?

Is the only thing i need an PAC AOEM-MAZ2 to plug the sub to and thats it?
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 AM

and what year car do you have?
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 AM

are u installing a sub only, to the factory head unit? you can just tap into the door speaker wires and run them to a sub with a high level input option
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:58 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1219 View Post
are u installing a sub only, to the factory head unit? you can just tap into the door speaker wires and run them to a sub with a high level input option
Was this a reply to my question? If so yes im only installing a small Active subwoofer to the factory head unit. I thought about connecting them to the rear speakers, but i fear that the signal becomes weaker than id like. Idk if the head unit has a few free pins for a subwoofer as the bose systems has them i think, maybe all the head units were similar with the option for adding a sub.

Im curious if the "OEM Radio Plug-n-Play Interface PAC AOEM-MAZ2" will let all the speakers keep their signals and simply create a new one for the sub, or if it steals a equal amount of signal from all the speakers to make them all even.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page