Mazda 6 Forums banner

Stock tire wear on 19 inchers?

13K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  hai 
#1 ·
Hey all - I've got my M6 since last January and have about 23K on my 19'' tires already. It looks like these tires could handle another 10K.

Does anybody know for how many miles the stock tires are rated?

#3 ·
Darn it. Looks like I'll have to turn off the traction control/stability control more often otherwise these slippery tires are going to last forever.

I need these tires to wear out to justify going to 20"s to my CFO!

#4 ·
60k if you don't "zoom-zoom"

dunlop's site has no tread life rating on them, however, they do have a tire similar (sport signature). i would guess it's close to that tread life of 60k. i doubt they'd last any longer than that.

33k before a swap sounds like you've been having some fun in your M6. good for you!

hopefully, i can go 50k. i'll definitely replace with something with a longer life. i had some kumho's on my old altima with a factory tread life warranty of 100k. they were quiet and good on mileage. i'm kinda cheap that way, but a sticky tire sounds fun.

hope this helps.

#6 ·
I've got over 30K on mine now in one year, and they're still doing good. Even in this horrible Winter we had, the tires were OK in the snow and ice. I would love a better option in the rain though.
However, all in all, these Dunlops seem to be lasting well for me. I figure I can get another 20K miles out of them before I need to replace.

#8 ·
The CX7 we had before needed tires around 30K as well, lol (definitely looking like the 6 will follow suit). I've also managed to put stickier tires on with better life after the fact as well -.-. Not a fan of OEM tires, EVER lol.. well except the club miata.. potenza's from the factory was a nice idea LOL.

#9 ·
One of the true mysteries to me is the high percentage of people that replace their tires with high mileage tires. Having sticky tire is only partially about having fun, to me it's mostly about safety.

Putting my money where my mouth is I put ultra high performance tires on my Volvo v70 family mobile. I haven't had an accident in almost 20 years of driving, (knock on wood), but I would probably have Had about 5 fender benders or major accident over the years if I'd been driving on crappy low stick tires, that instead ended up just being close calls.

The difference in grip between an 80k mile tire and a ultra high performance tire is probably over 20 percent which could very easily mean the difference between a bad memory and a serious injury to yourself and others.

#10 ·
Mine were at 5.32 and 4.32 at 19K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.