Mazda 6 Forums banner

'14 Nav/Radio/Head Unit Petition for S/W Update!

419K views 1K replies 238 participants last post by  CrazyBiker 
#1 · (Edited)
-- Edit March 2015--
TSB 09-008-15 appears to have resolved many iPhone-related Playback Issues through USB, and possibly a few related to Bluetooth. The petition I had created (linked below) is now closed as a result of this TSB. Thank you to everyone for your support with both the petition and contacting Mazda!

I apologize I can't offer any assistance to my Android-based brothers and sisters. I feel your pain.

With the help of @Byakuya I (had) created a petition for all of us to sign, to get Mazda to update the firmware of our head units!

With all of the various issues and bugs we've faced, me, along with others, feel that it's rather important and necessary to get a software update.

This for Navigation, and Non-Nav owners, like me! This petition also includes the safety lock which plagues navigation owners.

This petition is also for people who own the 2014 CX-5.

(*Petition No Longer Active*) Sign the petition located here:
http://www.change.org/petitions/maz...update-head-unit-software-for-the-2014-mazda6

Get everyone you can to sign this! People interested in buying the car, people who own the car, or people who have owned the car!

Let's influence Mazda, everyone! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Great Idea - And although I'm pretty satisfied with the way the Nav unit works, it certainly has it's problems that need to be addressed because I'm sure this is a deal breaker for many of their potential buyers.

Thanks for setting this up and I'm happy to help :)

#9 ·
I would doubt that to be honest. The components of the 6 dash aren't capable of being a tablet-eqsue design without being quite crowded on the small screen.

Honestly, I don't like the new 3's design. But I won't get into that since this isn't the thread for it :)

From what I've been reading, the NB1 is a Linux-Based OS, which means it CAN BE very lightweight and user-friendly if done right, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#13 ·
Lol as do we all. Mazda has been great in the past with this stuff, we'll just drum up as much support as we can about it. I'll be posting this on Mazdas 24/7 and 6Crew within a day or two.

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! I'm shooting for 100 signatures by the end of December, at least.

Anything you can do to promote this, do it! If anyone for any reason needs to contact me, PM me or send me an e-mail at dan @ cyclopscomputers.com

Remember, anyone with a '14 M6, '14 CX-5, and apparently '13 CX-9!

#29 ·
It doesn't hurt to have pandora finally working for me and some faster sync speeds, signed

#31 ·
Up to 62 signatures! Thinking that aiming for 100 signatures was too low, if it hits over 80 in the next few days i'm definitely changing the target :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.