Mazda 6 Forums banner

Remote Control Case/Cover?

13K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  djp-16 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if there is one for 2014 M6 or a universal one that would fit it nice.

I wanna take care of the key/remote.

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Found this, though the price seems quite steep.

Leather car key case Fob cover For new Mazda 2 new 6 car smart key holder shell key rings keychain wallet/bag remote key-in Key Rings from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

I too have been looking for one since like forever. Though for now (odd ball looking as it seems), I innovatively wrapped mine in one of those plastic micro zip locks and scotch taped it tight, to form (akin to my TV/Roku remotes). :lol: Sure enough, mine absorbs shock from drops and prevents scrapes/scratches. :D

#8 ·
You may have seen my recent thread about how, if I carry the key in my pocket, it will randomly pop the trunk open at speed. :eek: I want something that I can put it in and carry in my pocket. I was using an old Altoids can but it's too big unless I put something else inside to keep it from rattling around. Any ideas? The siiicone one you guys are raving about is OK but won't keep the buttons from being accidently activated in my pocket. Thanks.

#9 ·
I took my second key apart a while back. Its possible to remove the plastic pieces that you see as buttons. It still leaves a small tact button inside the hole which is much harder to accidentally press.
EDIT: each plastic button is individually removable.

I've got to say, on the inside of the key there is very little. There is a small circuit board with tact buttons on it. This thing could easily be 1/3 as big if the design was changed and the emergency key removed. Perhaps its this size to make it rugged...

#10 ·
I agree with you about the size. Why couldn't they have used the same smart key design as the RX-8? I have an 8 too and carry that key in my wallet, with no issues.

The size of the 6 key is a bit big for most pockets and weighs down any key ring it's attached to (which ultimately may damage the ignition module if it's very heavy).

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.