Is the 2.5 worth modding? - Page 8 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Visual / Audio > Mazda 6 2nd Generation (2009-Present)
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #71 (permalink)

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yes ricer theory.
"My car is faster"
"No, my car is faster".
Take it to a track and see what your times are. Who the hell cares about a HP number anyways? A dyno is a decent gauge of progress but there is also a whole lot more than can be learned from a dyno other than HP and TQ. None of that matters though because people only want to see the fast result. I'm a little annoyed how you treated a new member saying that you can achieve more power and that you may have more power. Who's to say your numbers weren't dyno corrected or that the ones @Mangosmoothie posted were. No one will know. I probably do come across as a dick but that's more out of annoyance that people think they should be spoon fed information. There is a lot of technical info on this site alone. Not as much recently but look back into the archives. There's also even more on other sites especially from the mazda3 crowd which is where I've seen mangosmoothie before. Yes your car is newer than the 2.3 but it's a bored and stroked 2.3. Everything else is the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #72 (permalink)
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 36 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazda View Post
Back to the 2.5....lol...slate you ever (try to..lol) get that throttle controller working?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
The hook up also from apexi was wrong. Was gonna splice it, decided it wasn't a good idea. But they have it for the 1st gen.

My Build Thread
http://forum.mazda6club.com/picture-...ld-thread.html
Slate6 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #73 (permalink)
Rally Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkreedx View Post
Yes ricer theory.
"My car is faster"
"No, my car is faster".
Take it to a track and see what your times are. Who the hell cares about a HP number anyways? A dyno is a decent gauge of progress but there is also a whole lot more than can be learned from a dyno other than HP and TQ. None of that matters though because people only want to see the fast result. I'm a little annoyed how you treated a new member saying that you can achieve more power and that you may have more power. Who's to say your numbers weren't dyno corrected or that the ones @Mangosmoothie posted were. No one will know. I probably do come across as a dick but that's more out of annoyance that people think they should be spoon fed information. There is a lot of technical info on this site alone. Not as much recently but look back into the archives. There's also even more on other sites especially from the mazda3 crowd which is where I've seen mangosmoothie before. Yes your car is newer than the 2.3 but it's a bored and stroked 2.3. Everything else is the same.
Well you need to place your annoyance at someone else dude. Cause i never said i have more power.

But i will achieve more power. This i promise.

My Build Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #74 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

^^ You should really just get a different car man. Assuming you get to youre goal of 200, which is going to be hard staying NA, that really isnt that much power. The MS6 stock is about 220, but around 250TQ (which is what gets ya movin), just sayin..

EDIT-reason i say this is because i see how you are with HP numbers, that and youre going to spend (well actually probably already have) way to much money for this goal. Ive been down this road before, its full of regret lol.
Cobb AP, Sure 3" Full3 Aeros Intake, Autotech Internals, M2 DP, 3" CP-E Single Exit (w/resonator), 3.25" ETS, PnP'ed IM w/VTCS removed, 1/16"Sure TIG spacer Synapse BPV, AWR 70 Duro RMM, JBR 70 Duro TMM, Denso 1-Step Colder Plugs, TWM Shifter Bushings, SM OCC, Custom Shift Knob, Custom Shifter Weight, SURE Shorcut, H&R Springs, Tenzo DC-6 Wheels
Rainmens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #75 (permalink)
Rally Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmens View Post
^^ You should really just get a different car man. Assuming you get to youre goal of 200, which is going to be hard staying NA, that really isnt that much power. The MS6 stock is about 220, but around 250TQ (which is what gets ya movin), just sayin..

EDIT-reason i say this is because i see how you are with HP numbers, that and youre going to spend (well actually probably already have) way to much money for this goal. Ive been down this road before, its full of regret lol.
I want to bro. But im stuck with this car for a couple years. Thanks for the info though man. I did see a 2006 white speed6 gt in Austin tx. They want 12,900. It has around 90,000 miles. I have a lone im just sitting on for 35,000 grand for anywhere. Already have 2 car notes, dont want a third lol. But im thinkin real hard about that speed6. It will only run a couple hundred a month.

My Build Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #76 (permalink)
Rally Racer

Also im not trying to beat a ms3 or ms6. Just trying to crush your NA 6 you had cause i dont like you lol jk. Seriously though i enjoy getting the most out of the motor i got. Im gonna make it the fastest NA 6 4 banger out there, make all of our big brother speeds proud . Wish me luck.

My Build Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #77 (permalink)
Rally Racer

@xkreedx. Even though your a dick, i still thank your cool bro thanks again for everything you helped me with.

My Build Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Slate6 For This Useful Post:
xkreedx (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #78 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts

Give autox a try if you haven't yet.

It'll increase your driver skill over 9000!

Cobb AP - CP-E Nano SRI - CP-E Single exit CBE - CP-E RMM - PG TIP - SLS TP - Forge V1 BPV - HKS Hipermax LS+ Coilovers - Car_LED Tails - Prosport Gauges - Dashhawk - JBR SSP/Counterweight/Bushings/Heavy Shift Knob
Jjkalai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #79 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate6 View Post
Yo whats up @brandonlee. He states 166, but never saw it on the mustang dyno video. The guys video shows 159whp/161tq. So who knows

Oh to you others who were telling me im wrong. Read up on the difference of power between the manual vs automatic. Manual does produce more hp than than auto by a few ponies. But manual vs shift tronics, creates the same hp, also depending what type of s tronic you have....it is better and faster for shifts and acceleration than the manual, and producing the same whp. Google it lol. So you all can eat a Snatch Sandwhich!!!
My brother has a 2011 mazda3 2.5auto. Neither of us have mods. I can wax him from any point in a race whether he is shifting it himself or just has it in drive. From a dig, from a 20,40,60,70,80 roll we have tried it all.

Ok it's more like slowly pull away. Slow being the key word for both cars.
If anyone is interested I borrowed a friends G-tech. I made 3 quarter mile runs.
It shows the 0-60 times also. My best was 7.97 and 15.95 at like 89.7mph.
Not bad. I'm at 2500ft of elevation. This was without any real launch because these cars just wheel hop themselves to death.

An auto mazda6 is about a full second slower. Mazda3 2.5auto is about a half second slower.

I'm planning to get a Corksport SRI, second cat delete a the rear engine mount and go at it again in the spring. Probably good for an earth shattering 15.7 at 90.5mph

Honestly these cars are pretty fun to drive with the 6 speed manual. Mazda should have made these cars with a 200hp 2.5 to begin with. I'd keep it for a long time if they did. Just feels a bit underpowered at times.

Slate6 I would imagine your car can run close to the times I put down on the G-tech ...

Last edited by Roddy; 01-15-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #80 (permalink)
Rally Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
My brother has a 2011 mazda3 2.5auto. Neither of us have mods. I can wax him from any point in a race whether he is shifting it himself or just has it in drive. From a dig, from a 20,40,60,70,80 roll we have tried it all.

Ok it's more like slowly pull away. Slow being the key word for both cars.
If anyone is interested I borrowed a friends G-tech. I made 3 quarter mile runs.
It shows the 0-60 times also. My best was 7.97 and 15.95 at like 89.7mph.
Not bad. I'm at 2500ft of elevation. This was without any real launch because these cars just wheel hop themselves to death.

An auto mazda6 is about a full second slower. Mazda3 2.5auto is about a half second slower.

I'm planning to get a Corksport SRI, second cat delete a the rear engine mount and go at it again in the spring. Probably good for an earth shattering 15.7 at 90.5mph

Honestly these cars are pretty fun to drive with the 6 speed manual. Mazda should have made these cars with a 200hp 2.5 to begin with. I'd keep it for a long time if they did. Just feels a bit underpowered at times.

Slate6 I would imagine your car can run close to the times I put down on the G-tech ...

I ran a High 7's 0-60 once and constant low 8's. It was dead middle of are summer. Wouldnt make that big of a difference though. i did mine on a torque app. My buddies told me i should do it with a video camera, they say the torque times are always off by a little.

Its pretty quick. but not near as fast as i want. I have beat'n 2 newer model civic si's though. Pulled on them pretty decently. I was happy about that. But got smoooooked by a speed3 lol, i hung for a couple seconds then hit full boost and he was gone lol. He had a Corksport sticker, so had to at least have an intake.

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.