Aux input and Blutooth not working - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aux input and Blutooth not working

Our new to us 2012 I touring had an issue I didn't catch during the test drive but did catch before we drove it off the lot when we went to pick it up.

Both of these items were not working. Completely non functional, nothing pops up on the screen and nothing talks back to you when pressing the blutooth button and devices and cords that we know work in one car do not work through the aux part on this car.

The dealer (not a mazda dealer) we got the car from knew about this as we asked them to deal with it when we picked the car up. They had us see what the mazda dealer said--and while their service wasn't open one of their salesmen who knew of some common issues couldn't get it to work and said it's a service issue.

We tried pulling the only fuse that seems like it might be attached to these two, a 30 amp fuse in position 9 if I recall correctly. It wasn't blown and sticking it back in didn't help. We did not pull the batter cables--plan to do that and the fuse again for an hour or so and see if that kicks them back into working.

We have been told by our local mechanic and mazda service those two things are on a different circuit, so both being nonfunctional implies something affected both I would think.

From the archives it seems like this is not a new issue. Didn't find a consistent answer or fix though. Does anyone know of anything else it could be? Apparently the bluetooth module or switch can be replaced for $300 or so. The non-mazda dealer we bought it from is giving indications they don't want to fix it but we are not done pushing them on it yet. We bought it for a fair price, they stuck 4 new tires on it and replaced rear brakes too , so I wouldn't quible it it's a cheap fix, but if it gets into many hundreds I'll have some issues.

Thanks for any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Found the problem

Well we couldn't get it to work, dealer found it needed a new bluetooth module. The dealer we purchased it from absorbed the cost, to them their cost was app. $340 (would have cost a retail customer more).

The bizarre thing was that in fixing that the aux. port suddenly worked fine too.

In any case, my kid's happy, we're happy, decent deal on a used 2012 6i touring where the dealer took care of new brakes/new tires and fixed this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to windyhills For This Useful Post:
me_ashman (06-30-2018)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:12 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyhills View Post
Well we couldn't get it to work, dealer found it needed a new bluetooth module. The dealer we purchased it from absorbed the cost, to them their cost was app. $340 (would have cost a retail customer more).

The bizarre thing was that in fixing that the aux. port suddenly worked fine too.

In any case, my kid's happy, we're happy, decent deal on a used 2012 6i touring where the dealer took care of new brakes/new tires and fixed this issue.
My aux port stopped working but Bluetooth is working. You say this fixed both?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page