Mazda 6 Bose system audio not working anymore - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Mazda 6 Bose system audio not working anymore

Hi all, my audio system stopped working. the unit is still operating but there is no noise. it all started with a very strange noise like drums randomly slammed. i read that must be the Bose AMP. i want to know if anybody can guide me trough the repair. i changed the 3 capacitors but still not working. maybe is another issue and some of you had some experience with it. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8er View Post
Hi all, my audio system stopped working. the unit is still operating but there is no noise. it all started with a very strange noise like drums randomly slammed. i read that must be the Bose AMP. i want to know if anybody can guide me trough the repair. i changed the 3 capacitors but still not working. maybe is another issue and some of you had some experience with it. Thank you in advance.
I don't have any experience with a Bose amp specifically, but all amplifiers operate in much the same way, the main difference being the way things connect to it. If you've ever connected/disconnected wiring harnesses it's the same deal. You'll purchase your new or used amp, remove any trim or panels that are in the way, and simply swap over the connections to the new unit and reverse the process. That being said, this will only work if that's actually the problem. Have you gone and tested anything to find out if that's definitely it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
What year is your car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2009, I had the same problem , took it to Mazda dealer for diagnosis and found that my Bose amp dint work, they had a new amp for 720dollars,that's crazy, enwa found some guy on eBay who repairs bose amps, sent the amp last week so am still waiting for it to be repaired. The Bose system is so complicated , tried to put a stock amp but I heard that it can't work with the speakers. My 2nd option is to remove the whole system and put a stock one

Last edited by Shawngotho; 08-02-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page