2004 Mazda 6s - Aux mod + Display replacement - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Groans: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I want to like the tablet mod and I want to like the cheapness of the mod, but I can't stand the way it looks. My car has an aftermarket dvd/nav (broken) and it was the flip up style. It just looks so out of place on top of the dash. There is only one on Ebay that has the screen recessed down into the dash and it is molded to follow the contours of the dash. I'm going to look into modifying a factory pocket this way and see if I can get the tabled down in the dash a little, that could make me change my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
Yeah, it's definitely important to like how something looks inside your own car (you know, for those of us that care). I'm not in love with my latest setup, but it gets the job done and doesn't offend me in any way. Definitely want to make it look a bit more polished in the future, but for now, I'm happy with it. Too many other things going on.

Speaking of aux mod, I ran to the junkyard yesterday for a 2006 fuel line (long story, I'll add it to my build thread), and I also grabbed the 06 shifter trim and upper display screen. Some idiot had already destroyed the upper bin attempting to remove it, probably couldn't figure out how to get the radio out of the dash. Anyways, elsewhere in the yard I saw an 04, saw an aux cord heading toward the stock radio... sure enough, left their AuxMod installed. Can't say I really have a use for it, I already made my own with a Mazda tape deck, plus I want to go to the 06+ radio eventually (hence, I nabbed that screen). I should toss it up here or on ebay for someone else to get some use out of it.

James - Ann Arbor, MI
2004 6 wagon (3 pedals ftw)
2004 MPV ES (family transport perfection)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdaddy View Post
Hi all,

This is my first thread on this forum - so please let me know if I am skipping over any established guidelines and such.

I have a 2004 Mazda 6s V6 with Bose 6-cd changer .

I wish to have Aux in (and Bluetooth). I'm aware of the AuxMod - is that the best product for this feature ? Or do other products such as those below work just as well/better?

AuxMOD alternatives :

Car Interface Adapter Aux in Input for Mazda 3 6 RX8 MX 5 Besturn B70 | eBay

USB Aux in Adapter Car MP3 Player Interface Fit Mazda 3 5 CX7 323 MX5 MPV Miata | eBay

I've considered the GROM option so I can have ipod, etc. but I'm not favoring it, as that requires the L716 mod on the '04

Thoughts?
Crutchfeild sells a kit that does what the grom kit does, but is $100 or $85 scratch and dent and includes free shipping. It'll be here today, and I'll post pics when I get in installed

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What about Mazda 6 2002 year? I can not activate tape aux on the display, someone know how to do it..

Nenoko
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98se5speed View Post
Yeah, it's definitely important to like how something looks inside your own car (you know, for those of us that care). I'm not in love with my latest setup, but it gets the job done and doesn't offend me in any way. Definitely want to make it look a bit more polished in the future, but for now, I'm happy with it. Too many other things going on.

Speaking of aux mod, I ran to the junkyard yesterday for a 2006 fuel line (long story, I'll add it to my build thread), and I also grabbed the 06 shifter trim and upper display screen. Some idiot had already destroyed the upper bin attempting to remove it, probably couldn't figure out how to get the radio out of the dash. Anyways, elsewhere in the yard I saw an 04, saw an aux cord heading toward the stock radio... sure enough, left their AuxMod installed. Can't say I really have a use for it, I already made my own with a Mazda tape deck, plus I want to go to the 06+ radio eventually (hence, I nabbed that screen). I should toss it up here or on ebay for someone else to get some use out of it.

I saw that you have AUXMOD which you wanted to sell. Is that still available ? Where are you located. I am in Australia
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenoko View Post
What about Mazda 6 2002 year? I can not activate tape aux on the display, someone know how to do it..
I have Mazda 6 2004 model and theses models (Yours and mine) have different kind of aux mod. I made it working yesterday. If you need help let me know
nenoko likes this.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Chopra
I saw that you have AUXMOD which you wanted to sell. Is that still available ? Where are you located. I am in Australia
Sorry I never got back to you Sunil, busy times around the holidays. I sold that auxmod a while ago, but I see that you got something working in your car anyways. Congrats, hope your car is treating you well.

James - Ann Arbor, MI

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 12:49 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Chopra View Post
I have Mazda 6 2004 model and theses models (Yours and mine) have different kind of aux mod. I made it working yesterday. If you need help let me know
Thanks, I already quit searching for solutions. If you have solutions, please help me..

Nenoko
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 08:46 AM

Garage
I hacked up a tape deck out of a Mazda Tribute to add an aux input to my 2004 stereo before I replaced the entire setup with a 2006 stereo. I can either give you some tips on the procedure or sell you my modified tape deck. I actually still have the entire stereo that I should do something with...

Here's the short version of the mod, in pictures:

James - Ann Arbor, MI

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
I remember reading somewhere about the net of someone doing the tape deck mod for aux input. Was that you? I also seem to remember that this person got the next track and skip buttons to make the ipod or music device skip as well. Was that you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page