@Byakuya (Shiro Shinobi) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Thanks: 122
Thanked 61 Times in 43 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 38 Times in 30 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
@Byakuya (Shiro Shinobi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://forum.mazda6club.com/members/91003-byakuya.html"
Byakuya[/URL];4074761]
@Zerg711 - Thank you for notifying me of this incident and keeping your head as well. It's very appreciated.

Shiro, this time you've missed a goalpost by large margin.

The guy ^^ to complain about incident was the one who, for lack of an ability to come up with anything else, brought in "fat dick up your ass" into the discussion. The Right-Full-Rudder, who also got reprimanded, did not stoop to this classless level.

I think it'd be appropriate, that as an officer here, you'd point out to him although this may be a language he uses in his household, such language is universally considered as "below a very low bar" in a public place

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://forum.mazda6club.com/members/91003-byakuya.html"
Byakuya[/URL];4074761]
Geek777 - Personally, you don't have to listen to a DAMN thing anyone on this forum tells you. It's your car, it's your money, do whatever the hell makes you happy. I'm a firm proponent of keeping a car as non-rice as possible, hell I don't even like people using camber because I find it silly to wear out tires way faster than you should (sorry rightfullrudder, it's true) - But I'll be damned if I ever try to force my opinion on someone.
Secondly, Geek777 did not appear to think that he "has to listen to anything on this forum". On the contrary, the way he answered my post to him, he appeared as very well balanced and mature individual. His answer was well structured and he stuck to the points - not the form. As it should be, I swear it's not just my opinion. I've learned that from a debate class at university.

Everyone agrees about "not forcing" opinion. Facts are a different matter though

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://forum.mazda6club.com/members/91003-byakuya.html"
Byakuya[/URL];4074761]
Speaking of, @rightfullrudder, you certainly stepped out of line today but I at the very least appreciate you standing up for OP and suggesting that, while your opinion may differ from someone else', it's not the end-all be-all choice. (For the most part), you kept your head, but PLEASE in the future just contact me if anyone seems out of line.
Again, Shiro, OP did not appear as if he needed to be stood up for. HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT BLACKING OUT chrome, headlights, etc on his car. HE WAS NOT.

Right Full Rudder stood up for himself, as apparently somebody else's opinion, supported by strong facts, upset him. Now, this forum is not a group therapy (isn't it) for PTSD victims. Its mostly GROWN, ADULT MEN here. So why should anyone who's overly sensitive be allowed to getting away with HOLDING EVERYONE ELSE AS A HOSTAGE to his sensitivity?


Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://forum.mazda6club.com/members/91003-byakuya.html"
Byakuya[/URL];4074761]
1.Speaking of being out of line, it brings me to @Torsional_Stiffness - Sir, while your information and opinions on this forum are appreciated, I will NOT stand by ridiculing others for their ideas/thoughts. I will be the first to admit that I am the most stubborn person on this forum, and my opinions are set in stone when it comes to certain things, but I will NEVER force them on someone.

2.If you think hot pink chrome accents look amazing, then damnit they look amazing. Will I make fun of you on my own time and express how silly I think they look? Probably, that's what we humans do. But, will I ever force my opinions on you in a way that demeans and harasses you? Never.

3.You come to this website with a great amount of information, and you share it openly, which we all appreciate - at the same time however, many of your posts can come across as "end-all be-all" answers and it can be brash to others. Your threads on your stage1,2,3,4 whatever bracing are very informative, but you also tend to get very defensive when others express their opinions. This will never end well, never.
1. Do you consider yourself ridiculing Right-Full-Rudder, when you say to him that camber wears out tires faster? I don't. Probably neither do you. Neither did I demand him to un-blacken his chrome/taillights, etc.

It's universally understood that we can do what we want, as long as we don't encroach on other's people freedoms. Saying that camber wears out tires faster does not encroach on Right-Full-Rudder's freedoms. And if he gets hysterical about it, it is HIS PROBLEM - NOT YOURS

2. I did not force an opinion, I "forced" - but really just repeated facts that I think support my position. I'd be happy if he addressed them with better once. I've changed my thinking many times in my life. I like to learn. I wouldn't mind him convincing me otherwise.

BTW, notice that Ghostred 7, tried to do just that. This is very respected.

3. Byakuya, some things are just end-all be all types. Like that camber wears out tires faster. So what if some people are brashed by this. Censoring facts because they are "offensive" to some is not the right way. I say it definitively. But of course people are welcome to bring other facts to disprove ideas/points. Emotions and feelings are not counter-arguments; they are red-herring

I'm not defensive, I'm instigating people to bring in facts. I don't just don't mind to be proven wrong, I yearn it! Learning feels good

Last edited by Torsional_Stiffness; 06-09-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Torsional_Stiffness is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Torsional_Stiffness For This Useful Post:
OCTOGONPC (06-09-2014)
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Torsional_Stiffness For This Un-useful Post:
SonicNutrition (06-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Registered User
 
Daniel5466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Thanks: 83
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
lol idk what happened but just pm the guy your feelings don't need to make it a trial!










besides byakuya is always right


2015 Mazda6 JBM Grand Touring Black Leather

Mods: Blue LED courtesy (door) lights, white LED license plate lights, 15% tint all around, 70% ceramic windshield tint, all weather floor mats and trunk tray, chrome door handles, chrome fog light trim, and door still trims.

Soon to get: aluminum pedals, and a really cool mystery mod will post when it's done.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daniel5466; 06-09-2014 at 04:50 AM. Reason: spelled bakuya wrong lmao
Daniel5466 is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Rally Racer
 
FusionGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Thanks: 286
Thanked 361 Times in 273 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
@Byakuya


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Has your Mazda ever climbed a mountain?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FusionGT is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Shiro Shinobi

 
Byakuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 15,822
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,913
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,789 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
Shiro, this time you've missed a goalpost by large margin.
This is your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
The guy ^^ to complain about incident was the one who, for lack of an ability to come up with anything else, brought in "fat dick up your ass" into the discussion. The Right-Full-Rudder, who also got reprimanded, did not stoop to this classless level.
Show me the post where he says that and i'll be happy to reprimand him as well - but from what I saw after a long day and the last thing that I wanted to deal with was children on the forum was that he was the only one (until rightful's last post) who notified me that something was going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
I think it'd be appropriate, that as an officer here, you'd point out to him although this may be a language he uses in his household, such language is universally considered as "below a very low bar" in a public place
There are many ways of mocking people, and sometimes you stoop just a level just as low. I'd be happy to bring up some of your old derogatory posts if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
Secondly, Geek777 did not appear to think that he "has to listen to anything on this forum". On the contrary, the way he answered my post to him, he appeared as very well balanced and mature individual. His answer was well structured and he stuck to the points - not the form. As it should be, I swear it's not just my opinion. I've learned that from a debate class at university.

Everyone agrees about "not forcing" opinion. Facts are a different matter though
I'm not saying he was, I'm reinforcing the fact that he doesn't need to listen to airheads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
Again, Shiro, OP did not appear as if he needed to be stood up for. HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT BLACKING OUT chrome, headlights, etc on his car. HE WAS NOT.
All the more reason for YOU to NOT need to bring those subjects (and your opinions on them) into the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
Right Full Rudder stood up for himself, as apparently somebody else's opinion, supported by strong facts, upset him. Now, this forum is not a group therapy (isn't it) for PTSD victims. Its mostly GROWN, ADULT MEN here. So why should anyone who's overly sensitive be allowed to getting away with HOLDING EVERYONE ELSE AS A HOSTAGE to his sensitivity?
I'm not sure, maybe you'd be able to help explain as it seems you're currently the "grown adult man here" who is being overly sensitive. You posted an opinion, and RightFull disputed it, then the two of you went on a rant. OP doesn't care if you post facts about something you already just told me he wasn't talking about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
1. Do you consider yourself ridiculing Right-Full-Rudder, when you say to him that camber wears out tires faster? I don't. Probably neither do you. Neither did I demand him to un-blacken his chrome/taillights, etc.
I don't ridicule on this forum, I do what I can to stay above that. Do I ridicule in my mind or to a few other people, of course, but never to someone's face unless they're asking for a fully non-biased opinion on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
It's universally understood that we can do what we want, as long as we don't encroach on other's people freedoms. Saying that camber wears out tires faster does not encroach on Right-Full-Rudder's freedoms. And if he gets hysterical about it, it is HIS PROBLEM - NOT YOURS
I help run this forum, if it's a problem on the forum, it becomes MINE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
2. I did not force an opinion, I "forced" - but really just repeated facts that I think support my position. I'd be happy if he addressed them with better once. I've changed my thinking many times in my life. I like to learn. I wouldn't mind him convincing me otherwise.
Like you said earlier: "HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT BLACKING OUT chrome, headlights, etc on his car. HE WAS NOT."

Then why did you see it fit to keep slandering your opinions in his thread with your "facts"? Post your opinion, and let it be, no need to repeat yourself - Like you said "Its mostly GROWN ADULT MEN here." - We know how to read, and writing the same thing again and again comes off as demeaning and quite offensive because it as if you're treating everyone like they're infants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
BTW, notice that Ghostred 7, tried to do just that. This is very respected.
And I will thank him properly. Again it was late and I had been driving since 7AM and the last thing I wanted to come home to was a bunch of children arguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
3. Byakuya, some things are just end-all be all types. Like that camber wears out tires faster. So what if some people are brashed by this. Censoring facts because they are "offensive" to some is not the right way. I say it definitively. But of course people are welcome to bring other facts to disprove ideas/points. Emotions and feelings are not counter-arguments; they are red-herring
This is YOUR opinion. MY opinion is that people come to this forum for information and respectful opinions on the best methods to use for what they're looking to do with their cars, and for a gathering of enthusiasts that they can see as a family.

I am the LAST person to think that this world needs to be more sentimental, I HATE how weak our country has grown as a whole and I can't stand the direction we're going, it angers me - BUT this doesn't mean I'm going to be rude or harsh to FRIENDS on this forum. Someone asks for an opinion, I'm going to give them mine and leave it at that. Explain your side of the story and let it be, there's no need to continuously shove your "information" down other people's throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsional_Stiffness View Post
I'm not defensive, I'm instigating people to bring in facts. I don't just don't mind to be proven wrong, I yearn it! Learning feels good
I'm a firm proponent in that taking opposing sides and discussing ideas from each of said sides is the greatest way to obtain more information. But in order for this to happen, you need both parties to have facts, and both parties to participate.

My fiance and I have discussed this - she is a landscape architect who builds and designs parks and recreational areas for a large city in New England. There IS a reason why certain things appeal to the larger masses, and there's a reason why things look good when done a certain way, which is why people do that.

This being said, the way you go about "presenting" your information and opinions is what sets other people off on this forum. You are entitled to your opinions, but you also must respect those opinions of everyone around you. Just because BMW, Mercedes, Tesla, Audi, etc do something, doesn't mean MAZDA will copy it. And even if they do, it doesn't mean that the owner of a particular Mazda will agree with it.

OP started the thread by asking for opinions - You gave yours and you should have left it at that. Let other people discuss it too. OP will reply to you if he wants to discuss your opinions further.

I am here to keep the peace, and to see the events as they happen as a neutral party. Involved parties have/will be spoken to individually as I see fit. If you do not like how I (or the other mods) run this forum, then maybe it isn't the place for you.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a Part Number? Find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Byakuya is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered User
 
6Y MAZDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,855
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Thanks: 529
Thanked 1,215 Times in 860 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 46 Times in 41 Posts
iTrader: 2 reviews
sooo what did I miss lol. where's the thread?

2016 Mustang GT
1997 Jeep ZJ
SOLD:1996 Miata
SOLD: 1967 Chevy C10 Stepside
SOLD: 2006 BCM MS6 GT #00584
CP-E 3" Straight Pipe Exhaust. CP-E TMIC. HTP 3" TIP. Custom 3.5" MAF SRI. SU RMM. SU TP. Forge V1 BPV. Cobb AP. RichTuned. Denso ITV22. PTP HPFP Internals. STi S204 Lip. Megan Racing Springs. XXR 530 18x8.75 +33. VEI Boost Gauge with Block8head pod. Blox Shift Knob.

SOLD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6Y MAZDA is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 6Y MAZDA For This Useful Post:
voldsom (06-10-2014)
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Shiro Shinobi

 
Byakuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 15,822
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,913
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,789 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Y MAZDA View Post
sooo what did I miss lol. where's the thread?
Taken care of last night. Nothing big but it was certainly out of hand.

Edit: the remnants are here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/models-t...hats-cool.html

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a Part Number? Find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Byakuya is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Registered User
 
ExB5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Thanks: 188
Thanked 484 Times in 340 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
^^ Model/Trim thread deserves the "Most Deleted" Award. Never seen such a mess...
ExB5 is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Shiro Shinobi

 
Byakuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 15,822
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,913
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,789 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExB5 View Post
^^ Model/Trim thread deserves the "Most Deleted" Award. Never seen such a mess...
Only one I remember being worse was when Dave (Djquik) lost it after being kicked out of 6Crew (for losing it), and he and slate went on a rampage in a ROTM thread.

I wasn't officially a mod yet and GreyGhost wasn't around for the whole time it was happening.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a Part Number? Find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Byakuya is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered User
 
rightfullrudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Thanks: 152
Thanked 314 Times in 193 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
We need some sort of 6Club Drama Hall of Shame.

Honestly, this forum is much better moderated and we all get along better than any other Mazda community I'm on or any forum at all. Stanceworks is notorious. That and Mazda Community Blog on Facebook.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009 V6 Sport Kona Blue Mica
| Air suspension | Weds Kranze Rapiers | Borla Pro XS| Injen CAI | Fabric wrapped interior| Smoked side markers | Red tails | Lots of fender work
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
rightfullrudder is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rightfullrudder For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (06-12-2014), SonicNutrition (06-10-2014)
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Looks like I missed some action. I am just going to not read stiffness' posts from now on. His post yesterday just fueled the offensive meter to full. Lol

I'm a man of integrity and I will admit that I also got carried away responding to stiffness' posts. There was no civility so I shared a bit in the chaos.
Zerg711 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome