FORD and MAZDA - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > General > Lounge
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester field View Post
Last I heard, Ford owned 1/3 of Mazda and that was shortly after the bail out.
I hope the drive train in my Sport Wagon was made by Ford cause I'll never take it back to a Mazda Dealership.
You've been asleep since November 18, 2008, when Ford sold 20% of it's stake in Mazda. It's now down to only 3%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaman View Post
lol...there isn't any "platform sharing" between the two companies any longer. Some people remember back to Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6 days and think it is still going on. It is not. Ford has less than a 5% share in Mazda these days and this does NOT include anything more than 'technology sharing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooledupRacing View Post
I know my M6 has alot of FoMoCo all over it.. but the MZR is a MAZDA engine. I know the Protege5 was made 100% in Japan and I think the MSP was as well.

I don't care what is what I just prefer my cars being assembled in Japan instead of America... We don't have the best "control/tolerance" like the Japan manufactures do.
Not for nothing, but even the best "control/tolerance" that the Japanese manufacturers supposedly show is not just limited to cars built in Japan, since IIRC well over half of ALL Japanese cars sold in the US are now produced/built here in the U.S. as well, including virtually ALL production of the infamous Accord and Camry, which have been produced here since the '80s.

IMO the "superiority" of cars made in Japan has been long gone.

Injen SP Intake | Tinted Sidemarkers | H9 3000K Fogs | 6000K HighBeams | Triton V3 Switchbacks | Full LED Taillamps
"Then he takes out a cigar and enjoys the ride" - Byakuya
Mz6GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Mz6GreyGhost For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (01-29-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
NeX

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: FORD and MAZDA

To many things to quote...

Someone mentioned the new 6 doesnt have a v6 model...true, but neither does the Fusion..

MZR is just name for it, the motors are identical (mostly).. made by Duratec..tear them both down, you'll see

The 2.3 in the MS6 and MS3.. is the same motor (non turbo of course) that you'll find in the fusion/escape/focus

And as far as platforms... mind you, the Fusion (06-09) is BASED off the 04 mazda 6.. slighlt different wheelbases etc, but same double wishbone type front susp etc etc.. i actually have a Ford document somewhere to support that

What im basically saying is this.. do you reallllyyy expect two companies that share(d) parts for years to all of a sudden change that? Especially after the big financial thing in the auto industry?

I cant guarentee it, but i wouldnt be surprised to see alot of the parts are interchangeable between the Escape/CX5 and Fusion/6

(Off topic, but its kind of like saying the Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S are two different cars)

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2004 Mazda 6S - V6 5 Spd - Lapis Blue
My Garage // Build Thread

Last edited by NeX; 01-28-2013 at 09:59 PM.
NeX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to NeX For This Un-useful Post:
bziko98 (01-29-2013), I<3Kingsford (01-28-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Groans: 124
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeX View Post
To many things to quote...

Someone mentioned the new 6 doesnt have a v6 model...true, but neither does the Fusion.. Yes, this is the market shift tward better economy cars. Just like the fact that soon you'll no loger be able to purchase a car in these segments with a manual gear box.

MZR is just name for it, the motors are identical (mostly).. made by Duratec..tear them both down, you'll see Made by Duratec? Who is Duratec? Its just the family of enginges named by ford. They have the right to build the cars with the MAZDA 2.3L using that name.

The 2.3 in the MS6 and MS3.. is the same motor (non turbo of course) that you'll find in the fusion/escape/focus Just the turbo is the difference? I don't remember a Fusion(06-12),Escape, or Focus using DI and a cam driven fuel pump.

And as far as platforms... mind you, the Fusion (06-09) is BASED off the 04 mazda 6.. slighlt different wheelbases etc, but same double wishbone type front susp etc etc.. i actually have a Ford document somewhere to support that We don't need proof, we know the parts they share and don't share.

What im basically saying is this.. do you reallllyyy expect two companies that share(d) parts for years to all of a sudden change that? Especially after the big financial thing in the auto industry? Yes, because once again, this is FACT.

I cant guarentee it, but i wouldnt be surprised to see alot of the parts are interchangeable between the Escape/CX5 and Fusion/6 Really? I thought you were going to guarentee this last time you spoke on the subject?

(Off topic, but its kind of like saying the Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S are two different cars) No, its not like saying a public joint venture between Subie and Toyota is a lie. Its like saying, Yeah, Ford used to share a lot with Mazda, but they don't anymore and both companies could care less.

But what do I know? 9 years "working for Ford"

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club HERE.
SonicNutrition is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SonicNutrition For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (01-29-2013), blackandblue (05-08-2013), bziko98 (01-29-2013), ctmazda (01-29-2013), Mz6GreyGhost (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can we have some reference numbers for parts are articles to support these claims. We can all assume but what good is that?

Smoke Side Markers | Sport Bumper LED Fog Lights | DDM Premium Slimeline HID Kit | NextMod Custom Molded BR Lip| NextMod AE Front Grille |Taillight Tint|Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust | XCAR Link MP3/Bluetooth Kit| PAC-Audio Amp Amplifier Adapter | Carbon Fiber Stubby Antenna | Alpine MRP-M500 Class D Amp | Alpine Type R SWR-1240D | Montegi FF15 |
legacy4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to legacy4life For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default FORD and MAZDA

I'm with sonic!

Not just because he's from ct either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

MSDS Headers/Ported Intake Manifolds + 1/2" Spacer/Injen CAI/3.7L OTB/TGNY TB Spacer/Magnaflow CBE/AWR 88 Mounts/Rotora H2 Ceramic Brakes//CF Evo Hood,Grill,Eyelids,Window Visors,Mirror Covers/CAR-LED Tails/35W 5000k HIDs/55W 6000k Integrated Fogs/LED Fogs/1000w Xplōd Amp/Two 800w 12" Xplōd Subs/15% Tints/18x8.5 +50 Kazera "CF" Rims/Hankook Ventus Evo 245/40/18

Future Mods:Powermod Tuner/Custom DoubleDin/BC Coils
ctmazda is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctmazda For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (01-29-2013), SonicNutrition (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

FWIW, I was at my local Mazda dealer yesterday looking for a part for my 03 Mazda 6s, MTX. They said the part was on nation-wide back order, which usually means it is no longer available from Mazda. They gave me a cross-referenced Ford part number and sent me to on my way. I headed to the Ford dealer, gave them the number and had no problem.

Further evidence of the widening seperation between Mazda and Ford? Draw your on conclusions.

BTW, the part is a differential shim for the A65M-R transmission. If you are following my Track Car thread, I'm in the middle of installing a LSD.

CR

My Threads:
DIY Engine Replacement
Track Car Prep
My YouTube Channel for in-car track videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/canyonry...ow=grid&view=0
CanyonRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonRider View Post
FWIW, I was at my local Mazda dealer yesterday looking for a part for my 03 Mazda 6s, MTX. They said the part was on nation-wide back order, which usually means it is no longer available from Mazda. They gave me a cross-referenced Ford part number and sent me to on my way. I headed to the Ford dealer, gave them the number and had no problem.

Further evidence of the widening seperation between Mazda and Ford? Draw your on conclusions.

BTW, the part is a differential shim for the A65M-R transmission. If you are following my Track Car thread, I'm in the middle of installing a LSD.

CR

Our point is that there is no longer the widespread parts sharing that these two companies once embraced. Sure, they parts are interchangeable and by law BOTH companies need to supply these parts for at least 10 years. They used to, but they don't anymore.

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club HERE.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SonicNutrition For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (01-29-2013), bziko98 (01-29-2013), ctmazda (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeX View Post
What im basically saying is this.. do you reallllyyy expect two companies that share(d) parts for years to all of a sudden change that? Especially after the big financial thing in the auto industry?
@NeX
Sudden? No! I think you are confusing alot of the facts. Let me try to explain to you what happened.
Here’s a timeline of events, with supporting articles, that took place in last couple of years:

November 2008 –Ford sells 20% of its Mazda stake:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/bu...s/19mazda.html

December 2009 – Ford Plans to Develop Future Models Without Mazda:
Ford Plans to Develop Future Models Without Mazda (Update1) - Bloomberg

October 2010 - Mazda Reveals Next-Generation 'SKYACTIV' Technologies:
MAZDA:Mazda Reveals Next-Generation 'SKYACTIV' Technologies | News Releases

November 2010 - Ford to Cut Its Stake in Mazda to 3.5%:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/business/global/19mazda.html?_r=0

November 2011 - CX-5 is the first model to incorporate the full suite of SkyActiv technologies:
Preview: 2013 Mazda CX-5 | Driving | National Post and
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...zda-41244.html

Few links I posted above explain how Mazda and Ford have split their ways when it comes to product development. Now try to find a single publication, press release form Ford or Mazda or any article that supports your theory that in fact new Mazda CX-5 or 6 share technology with Fusion or Escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hammond
I Kodo you not.

Last edited by bziko98; 01-29-2013 at 01:10 PM.
bziko98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bziko98 For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (01-29-2013), ctmazda (01-29-2013), Mz6GreyGhost (01-29-2013), SonicNutrition (01-29-2013), xkreedx (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Groans: 10

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT #04923:....Stage2+ FTMFW

Tama: or when someone does a line off a 12$ hookers ass
Legacy4Life: it sure makes mod meets interesting
Alex: Mmmm $12 hookers are the best
Legacy4Life: i prefer the ones with father issues who come because they just want to have a good time but understand why they were invited they still have souls
Alex_MS6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_MS6 For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziko98 View Post
@NeX
Sudden? No! I think you are confusing alot of the facts. Let me try to explain to you what happened.
Here’s a timeline of events, with supporting articles, that took place in last couple of years:

November 2008 –Ford sells 20% of its Mazda stake:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/bu...s/19mazda.html

December 2009 – Ford Plans to Develop Future Models Without Mazda:
Ford Plans to Develop Future Models Without Mazda (Update1) - Bloomberg

October 2010 - Mazda Reveals Next-Generation 'SKYACTIV' Technologies:
MAZDA:Mazda Reveals Next-Generation 'SKYACTIV' Technologies | News Releases

November 2010 - Ford to Cut Its Stake in Mazda to 3.5%:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/business/global/19mazda.html?_r=0

November 2011 - CX-5 is the first model to incorporate the full suite of SkyActiv technologies:
Preview: 2013 Mazda CX-5 | Driving | National Post and
2013 CX-5 Platform Will Underpin the Future of Mazda - autoevolution

Few links I posted above explain how Mazda and Ford have split their ways when it comes to product development. Now try to find a single publication, press release form Ford or Mazda or any article that supports your theory that in fact new Mazda CX-5 or 6 share technology with Fusion or Escape.

Dude are you sure? Cause they sure look alike?

In all seriousness, Bravo. I wasn't going to apply the effort that you did. Thank you for supply the proper way to shoot a misinformed someone down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.