Sport Wagon, manual transmission - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > General > Lounge
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't bother trying to trade in your wagon. No dealership is going to give you what it's worth (which is the case with any car you bring them for trade-in). Yours only has 15k miles on it?! Is it a sport with the side sills, hatch spoiler, etc?
2006 Velocity Red Mica MS6 #06475

1994 Probe GT
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701300497
prdracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yes, has some sort of extra side moldings and a spoiler above the rear hatch.
If ever there is a time to buy a used vehicle is now. New cars sales are/were up
and all lots are full of used cars. After "cash for clunkers" lots were empty and independents were going out of business. Now all lots are jammed packed and around here new independent lots are appearing daily.
By the way the SS I was looking at was a2011,8 thousand miles, asking price 34 grand.
I would not budge above twenty and the Mazda.

Last edited by chester field; 01-22-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: add info
chester field is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Easy solution: sell me your sport wagon for cheap since I want one so badly. Then you'll have liquid cash to spend on a new car
2006 Velocity Red Mica MS6 #06475

1994 Probe GT
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701300497
prdracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Learners License

Thanks for your offer, I will have to give it some mental and intellectual consideration.

Last edited by chester field; 01-23-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: poor word choice
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

My 05 wagon has a manual transmission. I remember searching for 6 months before I found one that I liked (looked at 3) I was only searching for a manual and would have traveled far to get it. I settled with a slate grey but was specifically looking for a blue one with leather and sport package.

Last edited by Mazda Fan; 01-25-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Mazda Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Track Racer

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda Fan View Post
My 05 wagon has a manual transmission. I remember searching for 6 months before I found one that I liked (looked at 3) I was only searching for a manual and would have traveled far to get it. I settled with a slate grey but was specifically looking for a blue one with leather and sport package.
you looked at 3. I too searched for 6 months and only 1 showed up so I jumped on it. The owner told me he went to a San Diego dealership (that's 400+ miles from where he lives) to pick it up.

I seriously think I am the only 6 mtx wagon in the San Francisco Bay Area. I tried doing a roll call on this forum last year and no one replied....

k&n stock air filter | 180 thermostat | TB ground | awr 88 rmm| scangaugeII | RB abe | ADR 18x8.5 | 255/35-18 | RB wagon springs | ebay yellow fogs | oem rain visors | steeda 28.5 sway bar | fumoto valve | ebay side markers
dechaoz05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechaoz05 View Post
you looked at 3. I too searched for 6 months and only 1 showed up so I jumped on it. The owner told me he went to a San Diego dealership (that's 400+ miles from where he lives) to pick it up.

I seriously think I am the only 6 mtx wagon in the San Francisco Bay Area. I tried doing a roll call on this forum last year and no one replied....
Yeah I bought my car from the original owner who traveled from NY to MA to buy the car. I searched autotrader for a long time but ended up finding it on craigslist within 50 miles of me.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Learners License

Sow needless to say, I am somewhat mystified. I don't see an advantage to a salesman telling me I own a vehicle that is one of a kind. Don't think the year would be it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they made between 03 and 07?
My Sport Wagon has a moon/sun roof, cloth interior, Bose 6 disk cd changer, a bunch of air bags, can't think of anything else that would set it apart.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

There is a deduction for manual transmission on resale. It is a more difficult vehicle to sell in the U.S. because we all want to drive automatics. If it was Europe the car would sell quickly. How many teenagers have you met that would even know what to do with a stick shift car. Their parents dont own or drive manuals so there kids never learn to.

I sold cars for 8 years. My recommendation to you would be to advertise it on autotrader. Someone like me will buy it for the manual. You will get the largest audience this way. Sounds like the dealer just wants to give you around wholesale for the car. They may show more for it but it usually means they are over allowing the trade but cutting profit on the new car or finance.

The salesmen telling you its an oddball is to get you to lower your expectations on a trade in price and be more receptive to making a deal. If they make you believe no one would want it , then maybe you would take much less just to get rid of it.

What is the year and mileage of your car? What are you asking for it?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Sport Wagon, manual transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda Fan View Post
There is a deduction for manual transmission on resale. It is a more difficult vehicle to sell in the U.S. because we all want to drive automatics. If it was Europe the car would sell quickly. How many teenagers have you met that would even know what to do with a stick shift car. Their parents dont own or drive manuals so there kids never learn to.

I sold cars for 8 years. My recommendation to you would be to advertise it on autotrader. Someone like me will buy it for the manual. You will get the largest audience this way. Sounds like the dealer just wants to give you around wholesale for the car. They may show more for it but it usually means they are over allowing the trade but cutting profit on the new car or finance.

The salesmen telling you its an oddball is to get you to lower your expectations on a trade in price and be more receptive to making a deal. If they make you believe no one would want it , then maybe you would take much less just to get rid of it.

What is the year and mileage of your car? What are you asking for it?
I can drive a standard I didn't learn until I got my 6s though. My parents don't own a stick, so my first car taught me.

He said in previous posts it's an '04 with 15k on it.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2013 Scion tC MTX Release Series 8.0 (1688 of 2000): Build Thread
2005 Mazda6i MTX Hatch: Traded. Build Thread
2004 Mazda6s MTX Hatch: Totaled.
2000 Dodge Neon ATX: Winter Beater
YayITzToxic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.