What really happened at sandy hook - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > General > Lounge
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts

I did see that video of that kid's dad laughing when he thought he was off camera but then going " oh we're on?" and getting all teary eyed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
I did see that video of that kid's dad laughing when he thought he was off camera but then going " oh we're on?" and getting all teary eyed.
There are chances that that guy never wanted to be a dad, and that he knew he was getting a big payday because his daughter died.
There are things i belive in and things i dont belive in.
I belive that the government will do whatever it needs to do get what they want.
They have been taking away our constitutional rights little by little over the last 100 years, if our fore-fathers knew what was happening this day in age they would be turning over in their graves, this is not what they wanted for our country. wealth has made the higher ups care only about themselves while the middle class works their ass off to make them richer.
That being said i really dont know what to take of the shooting, id like to think that some crazy guy just went in a school and shot it up not that the gov. would stoop that low and do this, or even some private commitee. But you never know thats why there are belivers and non-belivers.
Tj_Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Blaire View Post
There are chances that that guy never wanted to be a dad, and that he knew he was getting a big payday because his daughter died.
There are things i belive in and things i dont belive in.
I belive that the government will do whatever it needs to do get what they want.
They have been taking away our constitutional rights little by little over the last 100 years, if our fore-fathers knew what was happening this day in age they would be turning over in their graves, this is not what they wanted for our country. wealth has made the higher ups care only about themselves while the middle class works their ass off to make them richer.
That being said i really dont know what to take of the shooting, id like to think that some crazy guy just went in a school and shot it up not that the gov. would stoop that low and do this, or even some private commitee. But you never know thats why there are belivers and non-belivers.
(quoting myself)
When i was younger i asked my grandmother why everyone belives in god, how is it that this supposed guy that no one has ever seen and has no idea what he looks like exists. And she told me that you are just supposed to belive. That whenever you get doubts in your mind that is just saten trying to play tricks on your mind.
Thats why there is many different organized religions in my opinion.
I belive in god as much as the next person, but i dont belive god is going to smite you because you couldnt spot him a 20 at church, that is hypocritical.
And quoting toxic, yes everything you said is correct. But the thing people dont understand is that god isnt here to change free will. My mother in law will post on face book "i thank the lord every time i get a delivery for my floral business and that he helps my find my way to deliver it"
tf, god doesnt care when you get a delivery, god is there when miricles happen that no one understands and when family members get in horrific car crashes and they walk away un hurt.
We all have the "choice" to do what we want, if god wanted to kill us all he would do it just like he did when noah made the arc. None of us are good enough for god we are here becase we have to prove ourselves worthy of him and sadly most churches are forgetting about that
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Thanked 3,077 Times in 2,164 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
(quoting myself)
When i was younger i asked my grandmother why everyone belives in god, how is it that this supposed guy that no one has ever seen and has no idea what he looks like exists. And she told me that you are just supposed to belive. That whenever you get doubts in your mind that is just saten trying to play tricks on your mind.
Thats why there is many different organized religions in my opinion.
I belive in god as much as the next person, but i dont belive god is going to smite you because you couldnt spot him a 20 at church, that is hypocritical.
And quoting toxic, yes everything you said is correct. But the thing people dont understand is that god isnt here to change free will. My mother in law will post on face book "i thank the lord every time i get a delivery for my floral business and that he helps my find my way to deliver it"
tf, god doesnt care when you get a delivery, god is there when miricles happen that no one understands and when family members get in horrific car crashes and they walk away un hurt.
We all have the "choice" to do what we want, if god wanted to kill us all he would do it just like he did when noah made the arc. None of us are good enough for god we are here becase we have to prove ourselves worthy of him and sadly most churches are forgetting about that
I've tried to stay out of this conversation because quite frankly I find it silly. NEM6 has a member who lives 5 minutes from Sandy hook. Try asking her how her neighbors, friends, and acquaintances feel about Sandy Hook. Ask them how they will feel EVERY single Christmas for the rest of their lives. Having to relive watching their child be murdered by a lunatic.

I hate sounding like a God-Squatter since they get so much criticism in our society, but I can't sit idle because I'm proud of my religion.

I believe your concept of God is more of a strict overseer than a Loving Father. God isn't waiting for us to PROVE ourselves to Him. He Loves every one of us the same amount because we're all made in his image. God DOES care that you got your package of flowers today, because if you're happy, then he's happy. He put us here with free will to let us choose who we want to be and what we want to do. When things go wrong, He's there to help us get through them.

I'm not here to preach to atheists that they're right or wrong, I'm not here to convert anyone, but when I see someone who's opinion of God is not what He wants it to be, I must speak up for my faith. You are free to believe or not to believe in whatever you want, that's the beauty of His love for us. God wants us to be happy all the time. God is here All the time, it's being able to find Him that makes your relationship with Him worth having

[/Religious talk for me]

25 Years Ago We Had Reagan, Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs.
Now We Have Barak Obama, No Hope, No Cash, and No Jobs.

"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
Everything you'll ever need for the 3rd Gen Mazda6
Byakuya is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
Mz6GreyGhost (01-16-2013), SonicNutrition (01-17-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
I've tried to stay out of this conversation because quite frankly I find it silly. NEM6 has a member who lives 5 minutes from Sandy hook. Try asking her how her neighbors, friends, and acquaintances feel about Sandy Hook. Ask them how they will feel EVERY single Christmas for the rest of their lives. Having to relive watching their child be murdered by a lunatic.

I hate sounding like a God-Squatter since they get so much criticism in our society, but I can't sit idle because I'm proud of my religion.

I believe your concept of God is more of a strict overseer than a Loving Father. God isn't waiting for us to PROVE ourselves to Him. He Loves every one of us the same amount because we're all made in his image. God DOES care that you got your package of flowers today, because if you're happy, then he's happy. He put us here with free will to let us choose who we want to be and what we want to do. When things go wrong, He's there to help us get through them.

I'm not here to preach to atheists that they're right or wrong, I'm not here to convert anyone, but when I see someone who's opinion of God is not what He wants it to be, I must speak up for my faith. You are free to believe or not to believe in whatever you want, that's the beauty of His love for us. God wants us to be happy all the time. God is here All the time, it's being able to find Him that makes your relationship with Him worth having

[/Religious talk for me]
My aunt has gone to church every week for 50 years and she told me that none of us are good enough for him because we are all sinners In his eyes, Jesus died on the cross for us for us to have the opportunity to go into heaven. We are not worthy of him unless we are able to accept him into our heart and once we do if we turn his back on him there is no coming back. We had this conversation over Christmas specifically because after 911 my aunt and uncle became jewish

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Groans: 1

I'm no conspiracy theroist or a religious person or any of that stuff, but lets stop the theories and take it for what it is, a tragedy. If it was a single lunatic or a group of lunatics or even the government, it doesnt matter who did it because it makes no difference to it, it is a tragedy no matter what, all those kids dying.
And regarding this religious debate here, I am brown and grew up in a household where going to th temple is a weekly thing. I was raised with prayers, and was always told to pray when waking up, pray before an exam, and prey before going to bed. Yet i am now 19 and don't believe in god. I choose to put my faith in myself and my skills rather than someone that hasn't even been proven to exist. Mainly I stopped believing after the death of my father 2 years ago. He prayed, went to the temple, and honoured god in every way possible, yet he still died of a heart attack at 49 years of age, he was the picture of health, eating healthy, exercise you name it. I choose to stop putting my faith into someone that would take a man like that and nearly destroy my family.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide App
Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Shiro Shinobi

Quote:
My aunt has gone to church every week for 50 years and she told me that none of us are good enough for him because we are all sinners In his eyes, Jesus died on the cross for us for us to have the opportunity to go into heaven. We are not worthy of him unless we are able to accept him into our heart and once we do if we turn his back on him there is no coming back. We had this conversation over Christmas specifically because after 911 my aunt and uncle became jewish

I'm not getting into a religious debate on here. I won't try to act superior either. But I went to religious schools from kindergarten through high school, and I've gone to mass every week and holy day aside from when I was bedridden in the hospital. My mother goes to daily mass and adoration for an hour. I've had much time to contemplate on this.

Yes, I agree. We're all sinners. We're all sinning like crazy in this world and I'm sure God's not happy with us as a whole. This world is more worried about their reputation or 15 minutes of fame than they are about acting morally just to those around them, as well as to themselves. Even now I'm willing to bet we have some religious people who don't want to join this conversation for reason A or reason B.

That being said, He doesn't want to smite us, otherwise He would have a long time ago. It's being able to wake up each morning and appreciate that it's not your time yet, and that he's given you another day to do good in this world in order to be accepted into His kingdom when it's your time.

I had written a LOT more, but decided to delete it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just cannot sit idly by when my God is being talked about wrongfully. It is His will that I cannot keep quiet. I will not try to convert anyone, for that is forcing my will on others, rather I'd wish to educate people on the type of God that we have in this world.

God is a loving God, and this is proven with the felon convicted of murder who was on a cross aside Jesus. He asked for forgiveness and he got it because he was truly repentant.

All in all, those children, and the teachers murdered are all having fun in a playground in heaven, playing games with angels and relatives who have gone before them, while we sit here and try to point fingers and MOCK those family members who have to live the rest of their lives with this burden of having lost a child.

It's seeing the good in life that makes God happy. It's spreading that good to others around you, not expecting to receive payment for it. It's doing little acts of kindness to everyone around you, rather than trying to be angry at those who may have made mistakes.

May he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Alright I'm done. Sorry if I've offended anyone, I did not mean to on purpose.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shiro Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knupsel View Post
I'm no conspiracy theroist or a religious person or any of that stuff, but lets stop the theories and take it for what it is, a tragedy. If it was a single lunatic or a group of lunatics or even the government, it doesnt matter who did it because it makes no difference to it, it is a tragedy no matter what, all those kids dying.
And regarding this religious debate here, I am brown and grew up in a household where going to th temple is a weekly thing. I was raised with prayers, and was always told to pray when waking up, pray before an exam, and prey before going to bed. Yet i am now 19 and don't believe in god. I choose to put my faith in myself and my skills rather than someone that hasn't even been proven to exist. Mainly I stopped believing after the death of my father 2 years ago. He prayed, went to the temple, and honoured god in every way possible, yet he still died of a heart attack at 49 years of age, he was the picture of health, eating healthy, exercise you name it. I choose to stop putting my faith into someone that would take a man like that and nearly destroy my family.

You're perfectly right, it's terrible that all those people were killed and that's what we should all be talking about.

I'm very sorry to hear that man. That must be a terrible burden to live with. I would love to be able to say something prophetic and consoling, but since I have not experienced your pain I won't even attempt: it would be an insult to you if I did.

You're like many others in this world though and I don't blame you, honestly. It's tough to have faith in a world that basically mocks it and shuns it for what it is. I'm an outcast in society and I'm aware of it, but as long as you're always trying to do the right thing and act kind to others, then you'll live a happy life

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knupsel View Post

I am sorry about that. My friends father died a couple years ago on New Year's Day and he was perfect health went to mass every week and everything. I haven't read much of the bible but I have heard stories of god testing people's faith by killing entires families just to prove that In the end he is still there for you no matter how hard it is

Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 308 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,126 Posts
Groans: 1

Sorry for your loss Knupsel. The age of 49 is far too young to be taken.

Mr.Smoke is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.