Zeffer's Product Review: iJDMTOY LED DRL Fog Light Housings - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffer View Post
Full brightness, but that probably makes me an asshole. I'd definitely say they should be dimmed at night, and it's one of those things on my list of things to do.
Sure it's the lights that are the problem?
Zeffer and Bluewolf like this.

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I think the problem isn't the DRL, I need a whiter headlight to compensate. Looks downright orange at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17692544_10155430894423570_555127319_o.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	201617  

John Palmeri
2017 Mazda 6 i Sport
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
You could always get some nice, 6000k switchback LED turn signals. That'll tie things together nicely, and let the headlights be their own independent color. Mine are all different colors right now because I don't want to have to jack my car up to do my turn signals.
Bluewolf likes this.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I just ordered these because I love the look of them. I have a morimoto HID kit but I have yet to buy the bulbs for it. After reading a few of your comments you are saying that these are like 5500K-6000K? I kind of want to match them. Or should I try to match them by changing my stock DRL's on the head lights? Hmm.......decisions decisions
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Fun update: one of my LED strips burned out after ~a year or so of regular use. That was maybe 18,000 miles or so? I can't recall off the top of my head, but the strip had been dead for a while. Called up iJDMTOY and explained the story, and the best they could offer was 15% off another set. Warranty is only 90 days, apparently, and they don't sell any of the components individually. I'd happily buy just the LED strip and replace that, but, that wasn't an option. Be aware when you buy these or any of the chinese knockoffs that you may not get the product support you need.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Fun update: one of my LED strips burned out after ~a year or so of regular use. That was maybe 18,000 miles or so? I can't recall off the top of my head, but the strip had been dead for a while. Called up iJDMTOY and explained the story, and the best they could offer was 15% off another set. Warranty is only 90 days, apparently, and they don't sell any of the components individually. I'd happily buy just the LED strip and replace that, but, that wasn't an option. Be aware when you buy these or any of the chinese knockoffs that you may not get the product support you need.

I havenít installed my eBay ones yet. They were 50 bucks shipped. I tested them and they light up super bright. Just have to see how long they go for. Iím not expecting much from them.

I might have them just turn on with the parking lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Quote:
Sorry to hear.

This was the exact reason I took mine off and put the plain OE fogs/trim back in. Chinese LEDs are great...until they stop working. If the LED is part of some sort of assembly, then that whole piece is junk. No thanks.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page