Speculation on 4th gen Mazda 6? - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
Totally agree about the cautious and conservative and couldn't agree more about the lazy part as well. They are far from that
Mazda must be doing something right. They just struck a deal a few months back with Toyota to share Skyactiv NA engine technology with The Big T. New Camry has a new "high thermal efficiency" normally aspirated 2.5 liter four under the hood. Hmmm...wondering how much Skyactiv is in there?

Flip side of the Mazda-Toyota deal could be Mazda access to Toyota's wonderful 3.5 2-GR V-6? That might be fun...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcme0557 View Post
Mazda must be doing something right. They just struck a deal a few months back with Toyota to share Skyactiv NA engine technology with The Big T. New Camry has a new "high thermal efficiency" normally aspirated 2.5 liter four under the hood. Hmmm...wondering how much Skyactiv is in there?

Flip side of the Mazda-Toyota deal could be Mazda access to Toyota's wonderful 3.5 2-GR V-6? That might be fun...
Ever since I heard about the production of the Scion/Yaris iA as a stateside Mazda 2 I was anxious to see what Mazda receives in return. I know Toyota was a big hand in funding the Mexico plant but I've yet to see anything they will use from a technology stand point. Granted, the Sciyaris wasn't a hot seller for Toyota on this side of the pond but in the best of my opinion, it was a free car for Toyota.

With as much as we hear about Mazda's reluctance to go EV it leaves me to wonder what else they could benefit from in this partnership within a reasonable future.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:06 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
fiat just licensed the miata platform incl. interior for their new spider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
fiat just licensed the miata platform incl. interior for their new spider.
Already on sale. It will be the most reliable FIAT in history!
jenjen777 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
Yeah that doesn't say much except "how lazy" Mazda is. Anyone who thinks Mazda is lazy needs to reacquaint themselves with the definition of lazy. An automaker who comes back from the brink of death by totally reinventing themselves is not lazy. Maybe cautious and conservative, but not lazy.
Yup, the turn around was evident for some time for those of us following the brand, but over the last couple of months in checking mazda news we are starting to see tangible numbers to reflect this in sales increases. I really like what mazda is doing, especially with the focus on brand loyalty, resale value, etc which helps those of us already owning a mazda and likely buying another next time.

I do think a mazda 6 with the turbo engine makes sense on a number of levels - for moving the brand forward in the intended direction certainly - more so than the mazdaspeed 3 (even though as 3 owner i'd love to see one). It does not even need to be a "mazdaspeed" model, just an option for the larger engine, which should surely interest some otherwise BMW 3-series buyers. You'd end up with a "driving matters" luxury sedan that could further compete with the higher end brands Mazda is setting as benchmarks.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneville11 View Post
Ever since I heard about the production of the Scion/Yaris iA as a stateside Mazda 2 I was anxious to see what Mazda receives in return. I know Toyota was a big hand in funding the Mexico plant but I've yet to see anything they will use from a technology stand point. Granted, the Sciyaris wasn't a hot seller for Toyota on this side of the pond but in the best of my opinion, it was a free car for Toyota.

With as much as we hear about Mazda's reluctance to go EV it leaves me to wonder what else they could benefit from in this partnership within a reasonable future.
Mazda,Subaru and Mitsubishi are the only 3 car companies without a hybrid model. Subaru is well funded through solid fan base across the world, consistent sales and benefits from its wealthy parents - FUJI heavy industries and Toyota Motor Corp.

As much as we hate EVs or hybrids, truth is, that's where the auto industry is headed. Ferrari just announced that all their future models will be hybrids going forward. Mazda simply does not have the money for R&D, and given the dismal sales, it will either have to start sharing platforms or borrow technology from bigger companies or just fold. Eventually, we will probably see Toyota doing what GM did in the 20th century, keep investing in smaller companies to expand its footprint.
aneville11 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page