BACK TO THE FUTURE - The Gen 4.x Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Cool The Gen 4.x Mazda 6 - BACK TO THE FUTURE

Greetings 6ers! Well, with the new Mazda MX-5 and the Gen 3.5 Mazda 6, and all the Kudos for Kodo, it's apparent that Mazda is on the Road to Success, and knowing that the Gen 4.0 is coming within 2 years or so, it made me contemplate: "What would be a WORTHY SUCCESSOR to such a beautiful work of automotive art?" With that question posed, let's explore that proposition together with this thread:

"Mazda 6 4.0 - BACK TO THE FUTURE"
- by Vincent "OCTOGONPC" Black

Remember When...
Source: Plugged Flow: Mazda Killing Nagare Design Theme

The "smiling" Nagare Design Language was declared dead when the Kodo Design Language was ushered in. The collaborations of the Japanese, Americans and Germans yielded the arresting designs we all know and love that's embodied in the 3rd Generation Mazda 6. However the future beckons us to dream about "What's Next", and though Kodo is in my opinion as timeless as the Jaguar XJ Series I - II - III, the time will come when Mazda will usher in the 4th Generation Mazda 6 with either an augmented Kodo 2.0 Design, or either triumph with a new design language, or falter the way the Hyundai Sculpture 2.0 failed to enamor the masses (though the new Genesis is the exception). So as we wait for what's next, I offer that we go "back to the future" with the design that ALMOST became the next RX, and one awe inspiring concept by a German designer I found online.

The Mazda Kabura
Source: Mazda Kabura Concept - First Drive & Road Test - Motor Trend

Once upon a time the little company that could broke away from the automotive dark side to once again claim the light. It was this new dawn in 2006 where Mazda poised to be independent and flex it's passions for "zoom-zoom" once more. The Mazda Kabura was the offspring of this dream of automotive design that made the heart pump faster and the driver to experience the true meaning of "zoom-zoom". It's exterior sported the origins of what is now Soul Red and the future looked bright indeed. Alas, it was not to see the break of dawn, and would set before it had a chance to rise. However, it was this car that reminded me, the world, and apparently Mazda themselves of who they are, and what they could do.

Mazda Shinari and Takeri
Shinari Source: Motion's Soul: Mazda Shows New Kodo Design Language with Shinari Concept
Takeri Source: Mazda Shows Off Takeri Sedan Concept Before Tokyo Debut

As the Nagare Design language appeared to be laughing at a joke all the time, unbeknownst that it was the punchline, Mazda decidedly chose to get serious as it ventured back into the land of the Rising Sun to forge a renewed empire that will rival the world, in spite of it's diminutive size, with it's cunning, design, engineering and will-power. It was 4 years later in 2010 that the new Kodo Design language showed that a car can be beautiful and possess a Soul (of Motion). Married to the new SkyActiv Technology that focused on weight management, and Efficient Power-plant Engineering, the Shinari Concept validated Mazda's mission to change automotive philosophies and elevate it above just another pretty face for the exclusive boy toy club of
cars, and build a vehicle for the masses that stops traffic while propelling forward in to the future. And where Shinari validated Mazda objectives, the Takeri Concept fulfilled them as the harbinger of the 3rd Generation Mazda 6!

Mazda Shinari Concept

Mazda Takeri Concept

Mazda Concept Coupe by IV VOLKOV
Source: https://www.transportationdesigners....le/iwolkov/one

This all leads to a visage of a potential direction for Mazda for Kodo 2.0 or another design language. When I saw this nameless Concept I had to find out more about it, however all I was able to discover are the name of the creator, and larger images. Since the creator's name is IV, I thought how befitting this would be IF this was a direction for the Gen IV Mazda 6 (Coupe). The design appears to be the best of the Kodo and Kabura languages, and Iv's version of the logo took my breath away with it's unique and regal design, worthy of the UPSCALE direction Mazda appears to be treading. In my humble opinion, this direction could potentially lead Mazda to greater fortunes and recognition!

OTHER MAZDA CONCEPT VEHICLES (Gallery):
Wallpapers of Mazda Concepts

Thank you all for reading this!

This article is a prelude for this thread where I'd like you guys to chime in on what the NEXT MAZDA 6 could look like. Please post your images (any reasonable production type concept image, especially Mazda-focused or specific designs) and comments here ONLY of worthy designs that would make you consider trading your current 6 in for as soon as it was available. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by OCTOGONPC; 03-25-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Title Change; remove hubris statements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking MXX5 Coupe Concept

I think this Coupe Concept for the new Mazda MX-5 by Yasid Design is a schweet design:

This suggests that the direction for Kodo 2.0 has much promise!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by OCTOGONPC; 03-25-2015 at 11:58 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
The Kabura version looks like kaka but I like some of the other ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Mojo For This Useful Post:
chris_top_her (01-11-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Interesting...

Just came across more on the 2017 coupe here:

2017 Mazda 6 Coupe | SitesCars

- Dave

Current: '16 MX-5 GT; '15 CX-9
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
That's terribly written but interesting nonetheless. I'm definitely ready for some official rumors to confirm that this car will actually happen. I remember reading somewhere that Mazda has officially given up on rotaries.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm also a bit skeptical of this particular article because they don't mention a source at all.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 01:01 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I think the Takeri concept is the one that really close to the 2016 Mazda 6.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
chances are greater it would look more like santa's sleigh in the near future than any of those concepts 20 yrs away
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Glimpse of the Competition

Looks like Chevrolet will be answering the call to what competition will look like for the Gen 4.0 (2017 Mazda 6):

What do you guys think?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTOGONPC View Post
Looks like Chevrolet will be answering the call to what competition will look like for the Gen 4.0 (2017 Mazda 6):

What do you guys think?
Looks like an Accord that had a stroke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page