Mazda 6 Forums banner

MV Tuning 2018 Aero Kit

18K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  adeeb_m 
#1 ·
Well if someone was gonna do it, it was gonna be MV tuning. They look very similar to the '16/'17 OEM Aero Kit, if not identical honestly. Very interested to see what they do with the rear to complete the kit...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Can you confirm the owner who confirmed this fitment? I troll these boards pretty well, I haven't seen anyone confirming fitment of this kit. I can see why the front and sides would fit, but I don't see the rear fitting for this. Would love to talk to the owner if they were able to get the rear to fit. Thanks

#7 · (Edited)
Here's the product listing on MV-tuning's website. Here's the guy that did it. The same lip applies to each of the third gen bumpers. MV-tuning claims the rear pieces fit, but I haven't seen anything yet.

@Zeffer @an63lvegas

Thanks so much for the reply gentlemen. That is most helpful -- I'll definitely be ordering the front and sides. I have faith MV will come up with a reputable and "like" solution for the rear; if nothing else, a set of rear fangs that flow well with the side sills.

I've done an extensive staring contest with both rear bumpers placed side by side, I don't see any way the OEM rear diffuser will work with the "new" 2018 rear bumper. The reflectors have been moved lower, the exhaust tips are definitively bigger, and even the tow hook covers are shaped differently. I mean it could all be crazy deceptive, but I just don't see how the rear diffusor (that functions more like a bumper cover) would be able to mount up to the new 2018 bumper.

Obviously I'll patiently await MV to confirm, but I don't see it working. I'll take a set of cheap rear fangs that look the part with the rest of the kit. Simple solution.

#6 ·
thats my car:) lol yea front and side is same kit they had for 16/17 dimensions are same hood is different tho:( bought some auto exe damper kit but its a no go..I had inquired Mv tunning about the diffuser and I was told it would not work so i wonder which anserw it is?lol

#8 ·
thats my car:) lol yea front and side is same kit they had for 16/17 dimensions are same hood is different tho:(
If I'm reading correctly, you're saying the hood is different? I relayed this to the dealership and the Manager there has been able to successfully fit his MV Hood to a new 2018. Just wanted to confirm...

Attachments

#11 ·
@an63lvegas

Ok, yes, he confirmed no drilling, but he was using the prop rod. I would presume extra holes would need to be made if the dampers are not aligning. But as far as hood fitment goes, it does appear as though it would work based on his quick mock-up/test fit he did today.

#23 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, huh? Those are definitely different.

I would guess if they're that different, you may be able to buy a set of the older hinges, retro them in there (assuming the baseframe mounts are the same) and then you'd be all set. Just a thought though. Might take a little guess and check work, but since you have both models, maybe you can eyeball that and report back.

Let us know!

#25 ·
@an63lvegas

That's awesome mate. Thanks so much for checking into that. I'm actually steering clear of any major expenditures at the moment, but I would guess there's some other folks on here whom would also be interested. Got my aerokit on, and I think I'm good with just that for now...haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.