Speed6 Turbo Oil Restrictor Bolts

6K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  TiGraySpeed6 
#1 ·
Sold Out, All Gone, None Left -Speed6 Turbo Oil Restrictor Bolts

Sold Out, All Gone, None Left

Oil Restrictor Bolts for Speed6 K04 turbo

These are modeled after the original bnoon bolt to restrict oil flow into the turbo and help prevent the smoking turbo syndrome.

Been using the first bolt I drilled in my car for over 10,000 miles with great results & have several more scattered across the country with equally good results. When used with 5-40 oil and a raised idle my Speed will sit all afternoon without smoking. The bolts for sale are identical to the bolt I'm using in my own Speed6.

These are the last I'm going to make, after this no more.

M12x1.5 pitch bolt, 30mm length
side hole size .0635"
center hole size- 15/64"

There are 13 in the pic, one is on the way to Lithuania, and the remaining 12 are available for sale.

Edit: down to Sold Out, All Gone, None Left for sale now

$20 shipped in the continental US.
If you're not in the lower 48, shoot me a PM with the shipping address & I'll get you a quote

See less See more
#4 ·
Down to 10 now :thumbup:

#7 ·
I'm interested in getting one, what did you do to raise your idle?

#8 ·
Need a tuning product- AccessPORT (AP) or Hypertech (HT) both will allow you to change the idle.

HT costs less, but provides only limited options & no logging
AP costs more, but is best of breed tuning & logging, including free excellent map editing software AccessTUNER Race (ATR)

#10 ·
Absolutely correct! VT is another excellent resource, and very popular with the Euro crowd

#11 ·
Only 9 left!

#12 ·
8 remaining now...

#13 ·
Down to 6 now

#14 ·
Still have a few of these around :)

#16 ·
Gotchya covered XspX!

Only 5 left now :)

#17 ·

#18 ·
Have any left? :)

Sent from my Speak n Spell with the ET Fonehome mod kit via AutoGuide app.

#19 ·
Reactions: redboat
#20 ·
Hey Ti, how difficult would you say it is to make a bolt? My car has been smoking up a storm the past few months and I haven't had time to fix it until now. I plan on going to the hardware store tomorrow and making one for myself but based on Bnoon's thread, it seems like he had a hard time making his and went through quite a few bits/bolts. Just curious if I should buy spare items so as not to make multiple trips, thats all :)

#24 ·
Get at least 2 of the small bit & 3 bolts. Most important is to have a drill press with a vice to hold the bolt.

The small bit will flex if you use too much pressure, so use a punch so the bit will have a good start.

My first bolt was a fail on the side hole & bit. Second bolt is in my car.

I bought 25 bolts, 3 little & 2 large bits from McMaster-Carr for the same $40 that boon charges for one...

Reactions: 6erforlife
#25 ·
Ah, thanks for the advice Ti :)
My friend has the drill press, I just have to bring the supplies. I'll probably check the local hardware stores before I go name brand like Lowes, HD, etc.

I haven't touched a drill press since shop class in elementary school so we'll see how this goes haha :rolleyes:

#26 ·
Every time this pops up I think, "YES!" and then I click in.

Upon recalling that this is probably another question/bump I then get very sad. This won't be a happy Christmas after all. :(

;)

#27 ·
Reactions: oh_yeams6
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.