Zeffer's Product Review: Corksport Polyurethane Rear Motor Mount - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

4Likes
  • 3 Post By Zeffer
  • 1 Post By johnykalbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Zeffer's Product Review: Corksport Polyurethane Rear Motor Mount

"Why is your car shaking?"

Corksport Polyurethane Rear Motor Mount

What is it?
Corksport is one of a few companies (JBR, Hardrace) offering a stiffened rear motor mount for our cars. Motor mounts hold the motor in place, and a stiffer mount reduces the lurching and rotating of the engine during acceleration and launching.

What's nice?
It's a nice looking piece with a good finish. Fits right in place. It does its job well; the engine doesn't lurch at launch anymore, and transmission shifting is smoother overall. I'm experiencing fewer hard shifts.

What's not nice?
Obviously, the noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) introduced. There's no softer motor mount to absorb vibrations, so at idle, you'll feel the car shake. It takes a few days to settle in. The vibration's not bad, but new passengers will always ask you why your car is shaking. I've also experienced a lurchy idle while the A/T transmission crawls down the road. The car doesn't move smoothly. In addition, it's only one durometer. JBR offers choices. Lastly, it increases wear on the rest of the drivetrain due to the more solid transmission of vibration.

Ease of install:
Though I had the dealer install, the attached instructions don't look too challenging. Couple bolts come out, couple bolts go in.

Overall, I don't recommend this. We don't drive racecars, and we're not fast enough to justify shaving off tenths of a second on launches with this thing. If you drive your car hard all the time, and launch every red light like a boy racer, this could benefit you. Or if you don't care about increased NVH.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Jacksonville, FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Learning a lot, thanks.
Zeffer likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
There is definitely no need for these on our car making 185-185 plus anyone with an Auto with get the crazy vibes like you mentioned. I had one on my Speed3, now it made a difference in that car. They are a pretty easy install, 2 bolts, torque it right with a little Loctite and you are all set.

2016 Mazda 6 I Touring
MR/Bose/Sat Package - Tech Package

AEM Dry Filter - CS Axle Back Exhaust - Autoexe Strut Tower Bar - Autoexe Hood Dampers - Autoexe Oil Cap - Autoexe Intake Suction Kit - Tanabe NF210 Springs - KONI Sport Yellow shocks - 19' Matte Bronze TSW Nurburgring Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to toy4x
I agree, not worth it. I had an AWR mount in my 1st gen. In the 1st gen, the rear dogbone mount was was a common failure piece. The 3rd gen's motor mount is a good piece with no known failures... no reason to replace with this piece.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2016 Mazda 6 GT Reflex Blue Mica
Black Chrome 19" Stock Wheels
Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 30% * Air Blue 80 Windshield Tint
OEM Splash Guards
AIO Tweaks
Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Lowering Springs
Koni FSD Shocks / Struts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page