Smart Rover 9" Android Head Unit. - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Garage
Smart Rover 9" Android Head Unit.

Ok, Finally installed the radio came in two days ago.. Overall satisfied with it.. Easy to install just follow connection labels.

The Radio
9" HD 1024X600 Android 4.4 Car Stereo For Mazda 6 Atenza 2013 2014 2015 Auto Radio RDS GPS Navigation Quad Core CPU 1.6GHz

The Link
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Big-D...548895138.html

SWC - Steering Wheel Functions Works

Canbus Works
Commander Joystick works in a limited fashion. Knob is only use as a left and right button on some apps everything else works, Audio, Phone, Nav buttons, etc.

Rear Camera Works no issues.

Basic Radio functions all Work.

Short Video rundown

https://youtu.be/Z6c-HqQOfDM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MadStyle; 01-16-2016 at 06:27 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadStyle For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (02-18-2016), Joel Gonzalez (04-21-2016), OCTOGONPC (01-17-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Short video up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
damn so it pretty much works as advertised. Actually a little jealous as you got a larger screen + got everything to work including the backup cam & knob w/o any extra mods like I had to do.

did it come pre-loaded w/ maps? You able to pair your phone & tether your data okay? plan to upgrade your speakers?
edit: nm saw your vid. Looks like it came w/ igo maps. good stuff. i'd recommend mounting the GPS up your a pillar & near your rearview mirror. I get by far the best signal when placing it in plain view.

Last edited by Hisma; 01-16-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
damn so it pretty much works as advertised. Actually a little jealous as you got a larger screen + got everything to work including the backup cam & knob w/o any extra mods like I had to do.

did it come pre-loaded w/ maps? You able to pair your phone & tether your data okay? plan to upgrade your speakers?
edit: nm saw your vid. Looks like it came w/ igo maps. good stuff. i'd recommend mounting the GPS up your a pillar & near your rearview mirror. I get by far the best signal when placing it in plain view.
Radio came with IGO maps installed, ready to navigate. Phone pairing was fine even have the option to mirror phone onto head unit as well, So i could use google maps and see it on my head unit via my phone. Car settings seems to work(will double check again tomorrow when I check my settings again), options for turn signals, wipers, headlight etc. Keeping stock speakers for now.

But I do have 1 gripe, in daylight screen is a little dark not bright enough, I think it's due to the screen being flushed up to dash edge instead of recessed inside of dash allowing for better video screen contrast.Right now on a sunny day the sunlight floods the screen which makes it little hard to make out the screen.

Last edited by MadStyle; 01-16-2016 at 11:40 PM.
post #5 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
It's pretty bomb ass, lmao. When you said the GPS antenna is behind the radio, did you mount it next to the factory one?
post #6 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
damn you got it all man! Car settings and everything. seems like the android HU to beat.
Though I don't have much complaints about the brightness, I think mine sits further back than yours b/c of the physical buttons around it.

Could you upload your car settings apk by chance? I know I keep asking for it, but your unit is the closest to mine so your version might actually work for me.

btw i'd think twice before upgrading speakers. Don't go down the path of upgrading unless you're fully dedicated. I've wasted too many hours tinkering w/ my sound... it is not easy to get good quality sound out of this unit. You won't notice it w/ stock speakers but you will if you try to use the pre-outs. def a downside for these. I think a dedicated DSP is needed, or at least a line driver for the pre-outs.
post #7 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
Phone pairing was fine even have the option to mirror phone onto head unit as well, So i could use google maps and see it on my head unit via my phone.
This may be my ignorance, but could you load the Google Maps (or Waze?) app directly onto the head unit? That is, are you restricted to the apps that it comes with or do you have access to the Android library of apps from the Playstore or whatever?
post #8 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I also installed my 9in smart rover but didn't have as much luck. It powers up but I have no audio. There is one connection (green connector attached pic) that I'm not sure where it connects to. I don't have more free connectors on my HU. I do have the Bose package and couldn't figure out how to make use of the connector they gave. Do I need that to get the audio to work?

My backup cam also doesn't work. It doesn't switch over to the video output when I go into reverse. I know Hisma had to do some special wiring. You didn't have to do anything?

Any help is greatly appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8796.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	171377  

Last edited by kewltea; 01-17-2016 at 02:42 PM.
post #9 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
damn you got it all man! Car settings and everything. seems like the android HU to beat.
Though I don't have much complaints about the brightness, I think mine sits further back than yours b/c of the physical buttons around it.

Could you upload your car settings apk by chance? I know I keep asking for it, but your unit is the closest to mine so your version might actually work for me.

btw i'd think twice before upgrading speakers. Don't go down the path of upgrading unless you're fully dedicated. I've wasted too many hours tinkering w/ my sound... it is not easy to get good quality sound out of this unit. You won't notice it w/ stock speakers but you will if you try to use the pre-outs. def a downside for these. I think a dedicated DSP is needed, or at least a line driver for the pre-outs.
I'll look in the usb stick, which has the backup files from the vendor and send it to you..

post #10 of 286 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhornsby View Post
This may be my ignorance, but could you load the Google Maps (or Waze?) app directly onto the head unit? That is, are you restricted to the apps that it comes with or do you have access to the Android library of apps from the Playstore or whatever?

Ok, I just tried it, worked flawlessly, playstore is on the menu in Head unit, so you can download it and also setup waze as your default Navi if you want. Have not tried Google Maps, my guess it will work as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waze1.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	171441   Click image for larger version

Name:	waze2.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	171449  

Last edited by MadStyle; 01-17-2016 at 04:07 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadStyle For This Useful Post:
Joel Gonzalez (04-21-2016), OCTOGONPC (01-17-2016), rjhornsby (01-17-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page