Battery stays on after I turn ignition off - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Battery stays on after I turn ignition off

Hello all,
I've got a 2014 touring and only a few days ago when I park and hit the ignition switch my battery won't turn off. The radio stays on and I can work the cabin lights but the AC turns off. I've tried over and over again depressing the brakes and turning the car on and off and it won't work. I've found if I drove the car about 30 seconds and try again I have success. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've gone through most of the forum and haven't seen anything similar. Does anyone know a solution? This is driving me nuts. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
disconnect your battery on the negative terminal for 5 minutes and see if the issue goes away. Usually that resets everything and fixes the electrical bugs the car runs into.

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver
[ OVT 91 octane tune ][ CS Power Series SRI ][ Racing Beat Axleback ][ Morimoto XB35 35w 5000k HID lows ][ LED interior lights and plate lights ][ 3M FX HP Tint ][ Dipped rims and dipped trim ]

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Do you have a manual nor automatic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ointhepmp View Post
Hello all,
I've got a 2014 touring and only a few days ago when I park and hit the ignition switch my battery won't turn off. The radio stays on and I can work the cabin lights but the AC turns off. I've tried over and over again depressing the brakes and turning the car on and off and it won't work. I've found if I drove the car about 30 seconds and try again I have success. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've gone through most of the forum and haven't seen anything similar. Does anyone know a solution? This is driving me nuts. Thanks!
OMG!!!!!!! I thought i was the only one with that issue sometimes takes me up to 7-8 minutes before it will shut down has anyone else has this issue and know the answer? I've taken my car to dealer 3 times and they still cant fix it someone help please
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal9erfan1 View Post
OMG!!!!!!! I thought i was the only one with that issue sometimes takes me up to 7-8 minutes before it will shut down has anyone else has this issue and know the answer? I've taken my car to dealer 3 times and they still cant fix it someone help please
This is going to sound really stupid, but... have you tried just opening the driver's door when this happens? Some of the electical accessories (like the windows, for example) continue to work until you open the door.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Are you shutting the car down in Neutral instead of Park? If so, things will stay on ACC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Groans: 11
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedocorlando View Post
Are you shutting the car down in Neutral instead of Park? If so, things will stay on ACC.
That's exactly what I was thinking, since I've done it before... Haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Has your Mazda ever climbed a mountain?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Still having the issue. Just started again last week, I've been trying to shut my car off for 30 minutes
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having the same issue for at least around 6 months now with my 2014 6. I've been periodically looking in the forum(s) for answers, and this is the first time I've found anything.

The way I fix it is to pull the shifter all the way to the right (never leaving 'Park') and then letting it pop back to the left. After that, I turn the car back on (no ignition - foot off brake) and then try to turn it off again... hit the "On" button twice, basically. This resolves the issue 100% of the time for me, though it sometimes takes repeating the steps once or twice more. I can also state that this happens every day on almost every drive. Rare to have it NOT happen, honestly.

When I asked about it at the dealer, they seemed perplexed and also had me try some other things I see recommended in this thread while I was there... opening the door, rolling down the driver side window, etc. On that day, we did also have success with the "open door" method, but I haven't tried that since then, given the rate of success with the "shifter" method.

I'm going to try disconnecting the battery to reset things, and see what I get (though I think we did that at the dealership as well).

Will update as soon as I can...

Last edited by jl4strng; 02-01-2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Forgot a factoid
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 10:23 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greetings guys , i'm having the same problem , did anyone figure out how to solve it .
thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page