Bluetooth (& Handsfree system), Pandora, and USB not working - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Bluetooth (& Handsfree system), Pandora, and USB not working

Hey all,

I purchased my 2014 Mazda 6 Sport AT on August 20th. From that day until last night, I had no issues with the infotainment system - all features were working perfectly (except for two times when the Bluetooth connection would end, and then I'd have to reconnect).

Last night, I started my car up and although FM/AM and CD were working, Bluetooth, Pandora and USB were not. When I try to pair, or use any of the hands-free features, it says "Starting Bluetooth Hands-Free System, please wait..." and then just goes back to the previous screen. When I press the Phone button on the console, nothing happens. I've got a flash drive plugged in, and the USB feature is inactive (dimmed out) so it's not as if the USB isn't detecting the device...the feature's just deactivated entirely.

I'm incredibly confused as to how this could happen to such a new car. I took it to the dealer and they told me I had to contact the Mazda Hands-Free System Customer Care center so that they could diagnose the issue before it came down to replacing the unit...which I'll do Tuesday as they're closed today and will most likely be closed tomorrow. Meh. Just being impatient...

Anyone else had this issue? If so, what was the outcome?

Thanks!
Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Maybe they should call it Mazda Blame Free Customer Service. They are aware of the issues by many of the members here with the infotainment system but so far they aren't doing **** about it. They are not even admitting there is even an issue. Unless something had changed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver Auto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Disconnect your battery for a few minutes. Should clear it right up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldEGB For This Useful Post:
kevinw (01-04-2014), MoeMM (09-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
Maybe they should call it Mazda Blame Free Customer Service. They are aware of the issues by many of the members here with the infotainment system but so far they aren't doing **** about it. They are not even admitting there is even an issue. Unless something had changed.

Supposedly Mazda engineer techs are working on getting a reflash/upgrade done but even their loaner models that they are giving reviewers are having the problem. One car reviewer totally blasted the Mazda tech/radio system. It took 2 minutes to connect to his iPod to download his songs. Most cars take 5-10 seconds.

Like mentioned Mazda is not admitting to anything right now but supposedly they are working in the background to resolve the issue. You figure they would have tested it prior to releasing it, especially to car reviewers but if you read or watch the car reviews, Mazda gets blasted about the poor infotainment system.

Sadly the Mazda techs have no clue what to do except reset the battery and replace the unit if that fails. The technology is coming out faster than the techs are learning on how to properly diagnose and fix the issues. They usually just throw parts at it with the hope that it gets fixed.

Last edited by Lbear; 09-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lbear For This Useful Post:
MoeMM (09-01-2013)
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldEGB View Post
Disconnect your battery for a few minutes. Should clear it right up.
Yeah...I thought about doing that when this first happened, but then got into a rage about how this shouldn't have happened in the first place, which led to stubbornness and a trip to the dealership

Anyway, thanks! This fixed the issue

And LBear, thanks for the info. You are right about the techs...it's a shame they aren't trained properly and rely so heavily on trial and error. As far as all the "supposed" things you're hearing...until I see a press release or TSB from Mazda owning up to this and stating that they are definitely working on a fix, I'm going to stay a skeptic.

Last edited by MoeMM; 09-01-2013 at 11:01 PM.
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Opening BB Emails - worked for 24 hours then stopped

Am dealing with the dealership now on this. BB device downloaded emails perfectly for 24 hours. Was able to open them to either read them or have them read to me. Next day, the email messages mixed words with 'code/numbers' but were readable and could be read. Next day, the downloads were as SMS text message format. Next day, while the emails were downloaded they failed to open; this continues to be the case.

Dealership took the car for the day and disconnected/reconnected the battery. This failed to fix the problem. Service folks are baffled - are saying that they might need to replace the module. Tech support not helpful for Mazda's own Service folks. Pretty frustrating.

Advice appreciated!
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just brought my new CX9 GT to the dealer today for the same issue. Was yours ever fixed?
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
There has to be someone here on the inside at any Mazda. At my dealership (not going to name names.), if there is a problem that we reported, corporate was all over it. The next thing we know, corporate sent out their tech guys, we explain the issues, they duplicate the issues and said we'll get working on it. We saw a fix come out in 2 months that remedy all the issues that we reported.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Groans: 8
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
There's a petition I've got going right now, relating to some issues it sounds like you're talking about.

http://www.change.org/petitions/mazd...he-2014-mazda6

Just an fyi

2014 Mazda6 JBM Sport.
LED Treatment (Red Interior, White Vanity, White Trunk, White License Plate, Rear Turn Signal LEDs)
DDM 55W HIDs
AutoTrim Kick Plates & Mud Flaps
Wishlist: Corksport SRI,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 25% Tints,
, Chrome Door Handles, Gloss Plastidipped Wheels.

The Following User Says Thank You to danstheman7 For This Useful Post:
Mtnsummit (10-11-2013)
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am experiencing same issue. my CX5 showing "Starting Bluetooth Hands-Free System, please wait..."

Any suggestions or fixes? I am frustrated

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page