HID kit for 6 2014 - Page 33 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just installed my DDM set yesterday and love it. My kit didn't look like yours, Mr. White, so I can't really comment on what exactly goes to what, but, this link should help you. H8 / H9 / H11 HID Bulb Install Guide - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

I also wanted to comment that removal of the bumper, or even going through the wheel well is completely not needed. The bulbs can be accessed from the engine bay simply by moving aside the air box lid and washer fluid top on either side. I did everything by feel with my hands down in the engine bay and all worked out fine. Took about ten minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
HID kit for 6 2014

10 minutes? Got them installed, took my time to mount everything securely as advised in this thread, and took about 2 hrs. Yep. The removal of air filter top and washer fluid was fine. No comparison to halogens for visibility and aesthetics. Very helpful thread thanks to all who contributed. Kinda freaked out when I opened the box and saw the size of the HD relay and all these wires. But all items are tucked away in that engine bay nice and clean.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Mr.White; 07-28-2014 at 12:50 AM.
post #323 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Learners License

Yup. Ten minutes. Everything secure and tidy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 1
DDM customer service is pretty solid too. I just a had a ballast go bad. Sent it back, they confirmed it was defective, and have a new one.

I actually installed it last night, but it wasnt working --- checked the fuse under the hood, and it seemed the 15 blew. Replaced and up and running again.

Only issue --- NO ZIP TIES IN THE WORKBENCH. They're tucked in there nice and tight until I can get to Home Cheapo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MV-Tuning Body Kit
20" Niche Targa M130 / Kumho Ecsta ASX 245/40/20
Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs
Racing Beat Exhaust + Resonator Delete / Corksport SRI
DDM HIDs / Interior / Trunk / License Plate LED Lighting
WeatherTech FloorLiners
Debadged Rear
post #325 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Learners License

My only gripe with the set I got from ddm is the box came totally smashed. Luckily the bulbs were intact in their plastic capsules.
post #326 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I saw that DDM has 4500K and chances are I'll go with that, but are you aware of any manufacturer carrying a 4800K kit??
post #327 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Mazda6club.com: Sponsors

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostred7 View Post
I saw that DDM has 4500K and chances are I'll go with that, but are you aware of any manufacturer carrying a 4800K kit??
Every manufacturer's kelvin scale will be slightly different despite what the kelvin scale ratings suggest

Different quality bulbs, with different hallide salt compositions are major factors in the actual kelvin temperature

Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #328 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Every manufacturer's kelvin scale will be slightly different despite what the kelvin scale ratings suggest

Different quality bulbs, with different hallide salt compositions are major factors in the actual kelvin temperature

Nick C.
Ya, I get that...is why I'm leaning towards the 4500 DDM. Even with wiggle-room on the actual temp output, it's still the closest I've seen. I really won't be able to tell until i plug it up and look at it through a meter.
post #329 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Groans: 4
finally upgraded to HID's DDM Tuning 35W5k!!!

Head to DIY section to see my write up of the install. Hope it helps, but it's all kinds of simple. Plug and play! Here's some comparison shots and after shots. No before, because we all know it just doesn't cut it.

what's next? either an RSB or a CAI/SRI (suggestions?) or Tanabe springs with appropriate shocks or stage 1 AutoEXE bracing or an exhaust (suggestions?) or touch up paint and clearcoat with a consumer grade clear bra, or.... eventually, when my tires go bald, i want to upgrade wheels (114.3x5/19x8.5 +35) and tires (something sticky). thanks for reading.

wish list? a grill similar to current ford fusion for upper and lower.

post #330 of 395 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Just read all 33 pages of this thread(slow day ha). Said I wouldnt put any mods on this car but I can no longer stand the yellow hue of the lights, this car looks to good for that. Im purchasing the DDM kit http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W. This is all I need correct 35w with ballast 5000K and H11 bulb?. No need to add on any mounting brackets or anything(I want to zip tie anyways). And on final question this will just be for low beams or both low and high? I know it doesnt include the DRL, thanks guys and sorry to have questions even after reading 33 pages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page