Raining. Hazards Flashing and Won't Shut Off - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Electrical
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
banana boat.

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 50 Times in 46 Posts

5 Posts in under 2 hours.... wow dude your right no one is of any help here. Mind you I was asleep at the time, just like the majority of the boards were. then when someone does offer you SOME help you are a total douche. This is not a mobile mechanic board, this is a board of owners who try to achieve a fix to problems they have without getting raped by unsavory mechanics.

Mind telling me what boards are so much more awesome than here? that would be at your beck and call in the middle of the night because you are too useless to figure out your own problem and are a dick about it instead? Mind you have I have been on 240 boards for more than a decade and honda boards for almost the same time. I have built tutorials for their boards just as I have here. I went on the G boards to find simple things like plug gap they couldn't even tell me what that was. Given the few of us who have done more than just bolt on cookie cutter stuff, this community is pretty spoiled with the wealth of information that is here.

I'm going to be a nice guy and clean up your posts and offer you these words of advise. Please play nice or you will receive even less help the next time you have a problem.

PS this is a common problem on several platforms. Your Original post provided NO information about anything about your car. The post was udderly worthless as were the following posts after. You want help and want to be spoon feed? call a mechanic? I know several good ones who will be more than happy to service you at that time for $125+/hour without you providing information like you did.
flipper66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to flipper66 For This Useful Post:
tenchix (01-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
banana boat.

just another note? what kind of dude doesn't have a set of wrenches or even a matter of checking their car when they are away from home?

I mean besides a stranded one who even pisses and moans about the kindness of a stranger to offer them what little tools they had.....

wonderful
Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper66 View Post
5 Posts in under 2 hours.... wow dude your right no one is of any help here. Mind you I was asleep at the time, just like the majority of the boards were. then when someone does offer you SOME help you are a total douche. This is not a mobile mechanic board, this is a board of owners who try to achieve a fix to problems they have without getting raped by unsavory mechanics.

Mind telling me what boards are so much more awesome than here? that would be at your beck and call in the middle of the night because you are too useless to figure out your own problem and are a dick about it instead? Mind you have I have been on 240 boards for more than a decade and honda boards for almost the same time. I have built tutorials for their boards just as I have here. I went on the G boards to find simple things like plug gap they couldn't even tell me what that was. Given the few of us who have done more than just bolt on cookie cutter stuff, this community is pretty spoiled with the wealth of information that is here.

I'm going to be a nice guy and clean up your posts and offer you these words of advise. Please play nice or you will receive even less help the next time you have a problem.

PS this is a common problem on several platforms. Your Original post provided NO information about anything about your car. The post was udderly worthless as were the following posts after. You want help and want to be spoon feed? call a mechanic? I know several good ones who will be more than happy to service you at that time for $125+/hour without you providing information like you did.
Don't come in here with your "I'm a moderator", "I've been everywhere", "I know everything about wrenching", self-righteous bullshit. Save that for someone else who gives a crap.

It's a 2006 Mazda6 V6 Sport Wagon
Now, please tell me how that's relevant to the problem...
I posted my thread in the 1stGen forum, so obviously, it's a problem applying to a 1stGen.

If this is such a common problem, why is there virtually no information regarding it? Show me a link. Which, of course, you didn't.

Honda forum? Ooooohhhh, look out. 240 Forum, oh my god! You must be a MASTER mechanic. As if any of that really means anything. I've worked on cars my whole life. I could car less what your resume is.

BTW thanks for editing my posts. I love it when people edit words that are not their own.

I was looking for some help in the right direction of solving my problem. Basically, what everyone that comes to a forum is looking for.... information.

Looking for help or at least a point in the right direction does not constitute being "spoon-fed". I am perfectly capable of diagnosing and fixing my own issues. Forums usually (except for this one) make it easier to find a solution.

And "recieve less help" ??? lol How could I recieve less help than none?

And for those who are seeking HELPFUL information on this issue, here is the EXACT issue and fix:

Now that the rainy season is here again, my issue popped up again. The method I used earlier was only half-assed and resulted in a recurrance of the issue

The issue is that the BCM (Body Control Module), which is in the driver's footwell, gets flooded with water and causes various electronic malfunctions including malfunctioning hazards and turn signals.

Inside the driver's fender, underneath the fender liner, there are plastic plugs in the body. One of which resides right on the other side of the BCM. What happens is the fender liner accumulates a ridiculous amount of debris (leaf pieces, pine needles, etc.). The lines for the sunroof drain and windshield tray drain don't actually run all the way to the ground. They dump water into the fender liner and the fender liner has an opening in the bottom (pictured in my earlier post) to let the water flow out. The fender liner fills up with debris and blocks the flow of water out the bottom. The water accumulates and backs up, allowing water to leak past the body plugs and onto the BCM and into footwell. Apparently the body plugs do fine when the water just flows past as it should, but when it gets waterlogged, it fails.

So, the solution is: Jack up the front drivers side. Remove the wheel. Pull the fender (at least the half that is toward the driver's door) and remove all of the debris. I had a huge pile (more than a handful) of pine needles, mulched leaves, maple seeds, and dirt. Haven't had a single problem since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper66 View Post
just another note? what kind of dude doesn't have a set of wrenches or even a matter of checking their car when they are away from home?

I mean besides a stranded one who even pisses and moans about the kindness of a stranger to offer them what little tools they had.....

wonderful
I'm sure you carry your entire toolchest in the trunk of your wife's car. Wrenches wouldn't have helped me in this case anyway.

I've finished here. I just wanted to come back and post the solution for people that actually want ANSWERS and not snide stupid comments. I will no longer feed the trolls.

Last edited by CrazyCal; 11-16-2012 at 04:56 PM.
CrazyCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyCal For This Useful Post:
Mc5406 (06-04-2013)
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
banana boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCal View Post
lots of shit talk
It only took you 10 months to come back with that..... lol. I actually do keep all kinds of tools with me and my wife's car too. Why? because shit happens.

I said it was a common problem on multiple platforms. did you tell us ANYTHING about your car? Could you have put it under the wrong sub heading? Did we even know you had a sun roof? was your engine listed(as there are more than 1 engine choice in the 1st gen and neither are even close to the same).

I was being realistic with you, Forms are not an immediate thing when you have an issue. Your "serve me now" attitude was totally unreasonable and trying to explain that to you. Even on a honda or nissan board (both very vast compared to our board) are not there at your beacon call.

LOL at you of all people crying about snide comments. Pot kettle..... Glad you got your problem solved, hopefully you will either learn to use the board more civil, or leave. either way, the choice is yours.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I remember having this problem, but not the effect on my 82 FB. Damn sunroof, water has got to go somewhere...haha
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
banana boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5isiX View Post
Yeah I remember having this problem, but not the effect on my 82 FB. Damn sunroof, water has got to go somewhere...haha
Lots of different Verts have big issues with this. had to replace the entire kick panel floor board of my friends miata.... boy was that fun and not gross at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.