Keyless entry not working anymore in 2003 6s - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Electrical
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,

My keyfob stopped working on my 2003 6s and my spare one also does not work. I got new batterys for them and still no dice. I searched the internet and found the keyfob programming procedure in several places, and I tried it a dozen times or so but at the step where your suppose to push any button on the remote the car does not respond by unlocking/locking the doors. I also had a friend follow the steps.

My local dealer wants $65 for a new keyfob and $60 to program it but I haven't done that yet since I can't get both of my existing fobs to work with the programming procedure. I'm seeing if anyone else has had this problem before I resort going to the dealer.

Should I spend the money on a new keyfob from the Internet first to see if that works? It seems as if it may be a problem with the cars receiver not seeing the signal if I put new batteries in my existing fobs.

erickbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

QUOTE (erickbe @ Aug 12 2009, 01:57 PM)
Quote:
Hello,

My keyfob stopped working on my 2003 6s and my spare one also does not work. I got new batterys for them and still no dice. I searched the internet and found the keyfob programming procedure in several places, and I tried it a dozen times or so but at the step where your suppose to push any button on the remote the car does not respond by unlocking/locking the doors. I also had a friend follow the steps.

My local dealer wants $65 for a new keyfob and $60 to program it but I haven't done that yet since I can't get both of my existing fobs to work with the programming procedure. I'm seeing if anyone else has had this problem before I resort going to the dealer.

Should I spend the money on a new keyfob from the Internet first to see if that works? It seems as if it may be a problem with the cars receiver not seeing the signal if I put new batteries in my existing fobs.[/b]

You're outta luck, dealer is the only way, i have yet to get my keyless fixed because of this.

You can buy replacement keyfobs on ebay for slightly cheaper though.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Many members on the forum have non-working keyfobs including myself. I guess its just the life of the key fob itself. You can get one on ebay for a lot cheaper than $65.. That's where I got mine. Good luck
Old 08-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Learners License

QUOTE (tranz @ Aug 12 2009, 08:08 PM)
Quote:
Many members on the forum have non-working keyfobs including myself. I guess its just the life of the key fob itself. You can get one on ebay for a lot cheaper than $65.. That's where I got mine. Good luck[/b]
Yea, I found one for $45 from an online shop. Have not searched on EBay yet. Debating on if I should pay for a new keyfob and try that route, but I got one hardly used keyfob (spare) and fresh batteries in both and from going the programming procedure the problem is pointing toward the car not getting the signal... I can't believe both keyfobs would just be dead.

Does anyone know how much it is to replace the receiver module in the car? Or how one could easily troubleshoot if that is working??

I have not tried to go buy a autozone, etc yet to see if they can see signal coming from my keyfobs like others have done in other posts.

Thanks.
erickbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Learners License

I just had this same scenario happen yet the car is an 07.

I noticed that my keyfob wasn't working and quickly thought that I got it wet or something. Then my wife's (she uses the car the most) wasn't working.

The batteries in the keyfobs are good, little red light comes on when you hit any button. There is something on the car side that isn't receptive.

I'll try to find the process for resetting the signal and see how it goes.
Nothing was done to the car that should have caused this to fail.
sea&amp;xc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Learners License

Send a message via Yahoo to screwu2man

Same thing just happened to me last Sunday. I was out shopping came home and BAM! Doors won't lock. SO i got my other one and same thing. SO I search and reprogrammed. Works like a charm. Here is the procedure that i used. GL!

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the driverís door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the driverís door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!
screwu2man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.