Undocumented Personalized Settings? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
I wonder what possessed them to add auto-headlights . . . and leave out w/ wipers . . . and selectable DRLs.

Same sheep-dip that designed the passenger occupancy sensor no doubt :evil:

Steve Jobs ain't dead. He just went home.

2009 Mazda6 GT i (6MT) w/Sunroof - NO BOSE! (now an AVIC-Z110BT)
|- CarDomain Ride -|- Stereo Changeout Writeup -|- Random Pics (somewhat recent) -|

If your shop can't do anything more than a kit, don't tell me to buy a Mazdaspeed6, asshat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
What's wrong with the passenger OCS?

~Mike

2009 Mazda 6 GT in Sangria Red.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
QUOTE (michaelsteinbach @ Jan 25 2010, 01:20 AM)
Quote:
What's wrong with the passenger OCS?

~Mike[/b]
Threshold is definitely above 100lbs -- we've had it in a few times, but the sensors SAY it's reading right (of course, the problem doesn't happen when it's in the shop).

No problem with our Tribeca which we bought a month later

Steve Jobs ain't dead. He just went home.

2009 Mazda6 GT i (6MT) w/Sunroof - NO BOSE! (now an AVIC-Z110BT)
|- CarDomain Ride -|- Stereo Changeout Writeup -|- Random Pics (somewhat recent) -|

If your shop can't do anything more than a kit, don't tell me to buy a Mazdaspeed6, asshat.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
I remember reading an article in the newspaper about some passenger seats applying a small current to the person sitting there to determine the body mass. The sensor was getting fooled when someone was sitting on a thick pillow. Maybe thick clothes in winter could cause a problem. They were talking about a Mazda, but it would be a similar system in the Mazda 6.

I haven't had any issues with the pass seat in my car after a variety of different size people sitting in the seat.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
The OCS we (Aisin Electronics) make for Toyota uses load sensors in the seat structure. Hadn't heard of the conductivity version.

~Mike

2009 Mazda 6 GT in Sangria Red.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
QUOTE (Tom Z @ Jan 25 2010, 11:09 PM)
Quote:
I remember reading an article in the newspaper about some passenger seats applying a small current to the person sitting there to determine the body mass. The sensor was getting fooled when someone was sitting on a thick pillow. Maybe thick clothes in winter could cause a problem. They were talking about a Mazda, but it would be a similar system in the Mazda 6.[/b]
HAHA LOL, wow, thats false!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
QUOTE (JeepRubicon2k3 @ Feb 5 2010, 08:14 PM)
Quote:
HAHA LOL, wow, thats false![/b]
Actually it is true. There are many patents for this technology. I also found a website that explains it. This is not the only site talking about the system:

"Today some manufacturers are using a series of flexible sensors that are embedded in the back rest portion and cushion of the seat.

Using electric-field (e-field) technology an extremely low-level electric signal is sent to sensors embedded in the seat cushion and back rest. The human body conducts electricity; therefore when you set in the seat your body interrupts the flow of the currant, causing interference in the e-field.

This interference forms and image of the person as shown by the dotted line in (Fig 1-6-17), by measuring the body mass based on the size of the interference it causes, the sensor can identify a child or adult. The level of interference is directly related to the size of the body – larger people create larger interferences, smaller people less interference.By calculating which sensors are being interrupted the system can determine what position the person is setting in and any movement they make. It also can determine the height of a child or small adult by determining the highest point of interruption.

A double-layer flexible sensor assembly is installed in the seat cushion, the second layer being to calculate the weight of the person, classifying them with in the three or five categories we seen before. "

http://midsouthrescue.org/id52.html

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Does this mean I can't just hook up an OBD computer and adjust them myself? Good thing I found this thread as I was to purchase the thing tomorrow... Unless anyone has found a way to do them differently like: press the brakes 10 times, turn on the flashers, clap your hands kinda thing...
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Nope, I think you can't adjust them yourself unless you have the Mazda software on a PC and hook it up to the car.

Down here, at the dealership they had trouble programming mine... At first they didn't even know it could be done. The first tech I talked to was clueless and didn't believe me until a second tech started looking at the documentation in the manual. Then they got the software from the factory but apparently an older version that managed to make all the changes I wanted except for the 3-blinks-for-changing-lanes setting... Apparently they needed a newer version of the software for that particular setting.

The good thing is dealerships here don't charge for this service. Ask for any changes during your regular oil-change and they'll throw it in for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page