If your power windows aren't working right... - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Electrical
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got my car serviced. They had to replace a faulty battery and I had them install my ipod adapter from RPM. (still leary about pulling my car apart) After they were done, I got a call saying that the work was finished, but that the master power window switch was broken. They stated that the driver side didn't have an auto open/close anymore, and that the passenger window didn't work from the master switch either. I was somewhat concerned as I really like and respect this auto shop, but I KNEW it was working when I dropped it off, as I drove there with the windows down and closed them when I parked. I told them I'd think about replacing the switch, and I'd take it as is.

I checked to see if it blew a fuse and that didn't help. Then I was wondering if when installing the ipod adapter, they might have accidentally hit a wire behind the dash. It was a plug-in module, but perhaps they pinched something? I started looking at the workshop manual for where the fault might be when I ran across a page stating that the windows needed an initial setting. That's a new one for me, as I didn't think you'd need to configure power windows. I tried the procedure and it works! all my windows operate correctly after doing it for both of them. The funniest part is that if they replaced my master switch, it would have triggered the need to initialize as well. I imagine that would have been confusing.

To make it short and sweet, if you replaced your battery or master window switch and having trouble...
1. start your car.
2. press the affected power window switch down untill the window is fully down
3. pull the affected power window switch up 1 click (manual up, not auto)
4. keep the switch pulled in manual up for at least 2 seconds after it closes, I heard a click at this point
5. your window should be normal now.

I found this on page s-23 of the mazda 6 workshop manual. I haven't been able to find any hanes or chilton manuals for my car, but the official one is OK it seems. Saved me from having to go to the auto shop again. I found it through another post on this board I believe. Clear Chain Downloads 1730-1E-02C.pdf. I called up the shop and told them what the problem was, and how i fixed it. They were very happy to hear that it was resolved and now they know for future reference. Overall they are a great place with a lot more knowledge than I, but nobody can pay as much attention to detail as you can since... it's your car!
zornjrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zornjrb For This Useful Post:
Crash (08-12-2010), gonvart (01-14-2012), Tallman (03-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice post. But I believe this has already been posted before...
<div align=\'center\'>Please read this link before making an idiot out of yourself!</span>2004 6i Glacier Silver ATX with security, sport, and bose packages: Clear NA Tails, Sharkfin, Interior LEDs, Clear Corners, 17" Sport Edition E3's wrapped with Kumho Ecsta ASX 215/50/17, Mazdaspeed CAI, 5000K 55W HID's, Auxmod Basic.....Future: Holy grail motorized monitor, Mac Mini carputer install, Bilstein shocks, Eibach Pro springs, RB Sway bars, RB Rear endlinks, SS Brake lines, Hawk Brake Pads, Magnaflow Exhaust
<span style="color:#006400">"I flushed a bag of skittles down the toilet yesterday and watched a NASCAR race in 8 seconds flat."

explorecaves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Groans: 15
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to triplejumper18

QUOTE (explorecaves @ Jul 30 2008, 03:40 PM)
Quote:
Nice post. But I believe this has already been posted before...[/b]
...many, many times over.

triplejumper18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Learners License

sorry about that, I did a search for "power windows" and all that came up were fog lamps and HID questions.

perhaps some of the other threads had titles like "I have a problem" rather than stating the actual problem in the topic? They just didn't show up for me.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CamryRicer Send a message via MSN to CamryRicer

That and "how do I change the HELLO text" are asked more frequently than any other questions. Both should be stickies.
CamryRicer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Learners License

QUOTE (CamryRicer @ Jul 30 2008, 08:25 PM)
Quote:
That and "how do I change the HELLO text" are asked more frequently than any other questions. Both should be stickies.[/b]

Luckily, my post wasn't a request for help but more like a tutorial LOL. Maybe a mod can cut and paste as required and put it in.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Learners License

Send a message via AIM to xorifrafox Send a message via Yahoo to xorifrafox
Thumbs up If your power windows aren't working right...

Just got my 6 out of the shop yesterday... a deer took out both driver side doors. So I got me some fresh paint, and a drivers window that no longer worked in auto mode. Thanks for the post, as it fixed the problem!

peace, love and the pursuit thereof....

Rifraf
xorifrafox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

You can read the instructions to fix the window problem in your owner's manual, section 3-25.
2006 6s 5-dr gray, AEM SRI- Magnaflow exhaust- Kazera KZ-D 18x7.5- Bilstein shocks/HR springs- AWR endlinks- Stoptech rotors, Hawk brake pads- Neo chrome vanadium lug nuts- AGM battery- Blue: calipers; interior LED lights; footwell lighting; LED ribbon trunk lights; instrument cluster gauge- Stubby antenna- Titanium Burl wood panels- NGX Platinum plugs- Tein hood damper- Greddy air diversion plate
ydrone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.