Fan Control Module - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
indabox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Perris CA
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to indabox Send a message via Yahoo to indabox
So I get this recall letter in the mail about a week ago stating that the Fan control module in my car was crap and that they have a newly re-designed part to put in its place. I was going to take it in anyways for this problem as it would click on and off real fast when sitting at a light or in a drive through. my scanner killed itself a while ago, so I will just type in the letter... (Note the bold italic part for those who did SSP60)

================================================== =============================

2003-2006 Mazda6 Fan Control Module
Special Service Program (SSP) 71


Dear Mazda Owner:

Mazda Corporation has decided to conduct a Special Service Program to replace the Fan Control module on certain 2003-2006 Mazda6 vehicles produced from August 5, 2002 through November 7, 2005. If you are a recipient of this notice, your vehicle is included in this program.

What is the problem?

On certain Mazda6 vehicles, it is possible a crack may occur in the soldered part of the Integrated Circuit (IC) terminal in the fan control module, causing poor continuity. Under this condition, the cooling fan may stop operating, causing the coolant temperature to rise or a fan noise from the module.

What will Mazda do?

Mazda will replace the fan control module with an improved one FREE OF CHARGE. The repair should take approximately 10 minutes to complete. However, it may take longer depending on the service workload at your Mazda dealership.

If you had your vehicle repaired under the previous campaign SSP 60, 2003-2004 Mazda6 Fan Control Module Launched in September 2004, it is still necessary to bring your vehicle in for this campaign. The Repair Parts used for SSP 60 may not have fully corrected the original issue.

================================================== =============================

So I take it in and on the service invoice here is the part number they used... (AJY2-15-SC0)
The old SSP60 Part Number was (AJY1-15-SC0) so it looks like it is indeed a new part.

On another note, while I was waiting on the car, I asked a salesman if they had any mazdaspeed 6's on the lot and was told no and quote "because they suck" I asked what do you mean they suck? He replied "They are too heavy and donít have that power behind the wheel feel" The salesman then says, "we do have mazdaspeed 3's though and they are an awesome car" my reply was "I donít like them because they suck" I then walked off to the BMW dealer across the street to speak with some sales people who would never say ANY of their cars suck..

MAZDA OF RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA - If you read this you may want to consider telling your employees to not put down ANY of Mazdaís vehicles. I was planning on getting a speed 6 after im done with my 6, but now its for sure.... im going BMW...

Oh and being your sales employee didnt even ask, what I like better about the speed 6 is..

All wheel drive to help use the power it has and that it comes in a very sexy sedan model. "MAZDA NOT EVERYONE WANTS A DAMN HATCHBACK!!!"

ok, end of rant....

-Kris

<div align="center">
indabox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered User
 
DennisW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
So I get this recall letter in the mail about a week ago stating that the Fan control module in my car was crap and that they have a newly re-designed part to put in its place. I was going to take it in anyways for this problem as it would click on and off real fast when sitting at a light or in a drive through. my scanner killed itself a while ago, so I will just type in the letter... (Note the bold italic part for those who did SSP60)

================================================== =============================

2003-2006 Mazda6 Fan Control Module
Special Service Program (SSP) 71


Dear Mazda Owner:

Mazda Corporation has decided to conduct a Special Service Program to replace the Fan Control module on certain 2003-2006 Mazda6 vehicles produced from August 5, 2002 through November 7, 2005. If you are a recipient of this notice, your vehicle is included in this program.

What is the problem?

On certain Mazda6 vehicles, it is possible a crack may occur in the soldered part of the Integrated Circuit (IC) terminal in the fan control module, causing poor continuity. Under this condition, the cooling fan may stop operating, causing the coolant temperature to rise or a fan noise from the module.

What will Mazda do?

Mazda will replace the fan control module with an improved one FREE OF CHARGE. The repair should take approximately 10 minutes to complete. However, it may take longer depending on the service workload at your Mazda dealership.

If you had your vehicle repaired under the previous campaign SSP 60, 2003-2004 Mazda6 Fan Control Module Launched in September 2004, it is still necessary to bring your vehicle in for this campaign. The Repair Parts used for SSP 60 may not have fully corrected the original issue.

================================================== =============================

So I take it in and on the service invoice here is the part number they used... (AJY2-15-SC0)
For those who had their fan module replaced before, is this the same part number or did they actually put in a new improved one this time?

On another note, while I was waiting on the car, I asked a salesman if they had any mazdaspeed 6's on the lot and was told no and quote "because they suck" I asked what do you mean they suck? He replied "They are too heavy and don't have that power behind the wheel feel" The salesman then says, "we do have mazdaspeed 3's though and they are an awesome car" my reply was "I don't like them because they suck" I then walked off to the BMW dealer across the street to speak with some sales people who would never say ANY of their cars suck..

MAZDA OF RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA - If you read this you may want to consider telling your employees to not put down ANY of Mazda's vehicles. I was planning on getting a speed 6 after im done with my 6, but now its for sure.... im going BMW...

Oh and being your sales employee didnt even ask, what I like better about the speed 6 is..

All wheel drive to help use the power it has and that it comes in a very sexy sedan model. "MAZDA NOT EVERYONE WANTS A DAMN HATCHBACK!!!"

ok, end of rant....

-Kris[/b]

This SSP notice has been posted at least a dozen times here already.

"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and the Stock Market the most certain."
DennisW is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
indabox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Perris CA
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to indabox Send a message via Yahoo to indabox
Quote:
This SSP notice has been posted at least a dozen times here already.[/b]
Well now its been posted a dozen + 1 times......

<div align="center">
indabox is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Mazda Guru
 
Mz6GreyGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 7,312
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Thanks: 504
Thanked 968 Times in 695 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Seriously, please try a before posting up. Some of us are getting tired of cycling through threads that don't do anything but repeat themselves.


Injen SP Intake | Tinted Sidemarkers | H9 3000K Fogs | 6000K HighBeams | Triton V3 Switchbacks up front | Triton V3 Turn Signals out back | Full LED Taillamps
"Then he takes out a cigar and enjoys the ride" - Byakuya
Mz6GreyGhost is online now  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered User
 
ReCLaIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Richmond Va
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ReCLaIM Send a message via MSN to ReCLaIM
Quote:
Seriously, please try a before posting up. Some of us are getting tired of cycling through threads that don't do anything but repeat themselves.[/b]
Well I for one, would like to thank him.. since the site runs slower than pond water.. I cant get a search to work.. I get impatient and hit search again.. only to get the flood warning.. haha..

But I searched for "Fan Control Module".. got the flood warning. then while waiting my 20 seconds.. I noticed.. hey... there's a thread called "Fan Control Module".. how convenient?

Looks like thats all the information that I need.. thanks original poster.. I know you made my life easier and saved me a minute or two.. so I personally thank you

03 6s Onyx Black,AEM CAI,Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, B&M Transmission Cooler,Magnafine In-line transmission filter, Blue 4-LED 194's Doors/Maplights, PIAA Extreme White H1 low beams, Brake Light Mod,Side Marker Turn signal mod. Black painted headlights, black console. Leather, heat, Bose.. and nothing else worth mentioning
ReCLaIM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome