three year review and comparison - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By nobouncecap

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
three year review and comparison

Alright so I haven't been on this site for maybe a year, so much has changed and I feel so behind everyone!

But, I wanted to give an update on my 2014 Mazda 6, which actually I purchased 11/2013.
Currently, I have over 60+ miles and the car is still fun to drive. Actually, the more I drive other cars the more I love the manual transmission the Mazda 6 has. The only upgrades I have on it are the custom rotors listed on this site, the special tune from Orange Virus tune, and Corksports SRI.

MPG- I'm still getting high twenties (27-29) in the city, and I live in Lynchburg which is very hilly and has very little flat surfaces. I also don't hesitate to drive this baby and take advantage of the tune and the great sound of the SRI.

Handling- I still feel the steering is just as responsive as I remember when I first got the beauty. I know where the tires are being pointed and there isn't much over/understeering with this beast. However, I do feel as though the dampeners are starting to fade and even though she still handles the turns well it is night as tight as it used to be.

Interior- There isn't any fading of parts, no wearing out on the buttons, or too much fading of the seats. I will say it is hard to clean the roof and the steering wheel wasn't wrapped with the best "leather".

Exterior- For the most the I have few scratches and there is zero fading.

I still have so much fun driving this car and I even look forward to driving it now!

My wife and I went on a delayed honeymoon to Daytona Beach for about a week and we rented a brand new Chevy Cruze. I will say the Cruze was quieter than the 6 and handled pot holes a tad better...but it did have 6k miles as opposed to my 60+k. The Cruze also felt roomier and being 6' 4" and 230 lbs I can use all the room I can get. However, I don't feel tight in the 6 anyway. Sadly, the Bluetooth, as with many other models, I found was better than the 6's and there wasn't that odd delay when listening to videos. But, I will say the center display was far better in the 6 than the brand new Cruze. The Cruze I felt had a clunky infomate system and I felt like I had to stretch to push the buttons. I also found it odd that I had leather seats in the Cruze but no blind spot, the rear camera in the Cruze didn't have the cross traffic alert that I love in the 6. Apparently, Chevy has developed an engine off when stopped at a light or something. Essentially the engine shuts off when the brake is on and then when released and gas is pressed the engine perks up again. I couldn't stand it and the car would shudder as if it stalled out or something. Now the mpg of the Cruze was about the same as the 6 which to me makes the 6 better. I was driving in Florida, which is flat and would get about the same mpg on the hilly terrian back home. In the end, I still loved my car, which makes the world spin a littel easier. Also, being at Daytona and seeing the speedway, hearing the Rolex cars roar...lets just say I have a new motivation to update the 6 more than ever before!
Nprguymc and kufliclicks like this.

Zoom Zoom: 2014 MT blue/sand touring

Whats my stress reliever? PAINTBALL-duh
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

One can never out pace crazy and one can never beat stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page