Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazda Connect 55.xx.753 file

13K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  ZackDickey 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a link to the latest update file for self-update?

im looking for the 55.00.753 file (the one that restores the GPS to HUD functionality)

...i currently have 55.00.750 NA N... -__-

(if i've posted this in the wrong forum please help to direct me to the best possible forum as i am new to this site and community, Thank You.)

#4 ·
And this update is for ?

i didn,t know there was update for the HU

#5 · (Edited)
And this update is for ?

i didn't know there was update for the HU
Yea dude. It's the latest firmware for the Mazda Connect Infotainment software.

****** Im fairly certain that it only applies to the 2016 models...so check before diving in. This is my first Mazda and i know the Gen3 and 3.5s have different systems (3.5 has a built in flash memory and different software structure from what i understand)*******

And it affects the HUD in the sense that in the 55.00.750 they got rid of the Nav directions displaying in the HUD (due to a bug i assume) and in the 55.00.753 it was back again. I knew there was talk of the 55.00.760 being released this July but i didn't know it was confirmed and out already lol. So check your system info and see which version u have. You'll likely "need" an update. It's easy enough to do on your own or you can take it to your dealer and just tell them that you've been having issues with it freezing and they should update it (if they are cool u can just ask for the update, but more often than not it seems that they are reluctant...from what I've read)

#6 ·
So, 2016 Touring no tech or Bose....Should this change anything for me?

#7 ·
It may slightly improve the speed and response time of your system and some issues regarding bluetooth and music playback.

I don't recall if your spec comes with the HUD or not or has NAVI but if it does, it will improve those functions as well. its kind of difficult to properly track down a list of changes and improvements.

but here the changes that the 55.00.753:

753A changelog
Some vehicles may experience the symptoms mentioned below,
which can be fixed with the latest software update (Version
55.00.753 or later).
• Turn -by-turn navigation guidance does not display on on the
active driving display (for vehicles with 55.00.750).
• Every time the navigation is turned on, the vehicle position
starts from the location (dealer) where the CMU was updated
from version 55.00.650 to 55.00.750.
• Navigation or other screen turn black, freeze or reboot.
• System does not recognize USB/SD card.
• Some menu of music source selection is grayed out.
• When using the call button on the cell phone to make a call, the
call sound is short.
• Favorites disappear.
• Vehicle current position is not accurate enough.
• Rear view monitor does not show up on screen.
• Text information of HD radio is not displayed when switching
music source.
• When asking for current location with voice command “Where
am I?”, the system responds with “Your location is comma.”
• Contact information cannot be loaded correctly from phones
other than iPhone

note*****THE CHANGES THAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE ALL DEPENDS ON THE VERSION THAT YOU'RE CURRENTLY RUNNING*****note

#8 ·
I purchased my 2016 a year ago but I'm not having any of those issues. I'm pretty sure when I checked I was on an earlier version.

To my knowledge the dealer hasn't updated this automatically. You think that's something they would keep an eye open for and let you know there's an update.

#9 ·
No they don't do it automatically. And for the most part it seems that unless you complain of having a problem with your system, they wont update yours just because you ask for it. I'm on the 55.00.750 and the only issue I have is that the NAV info is not in my HUD (which isn't a big deal, but it would be nice to have). I just bought the car on June 3, 2016 (less than a month ago) straight off the showroom floor with 11 miles on it, and would have assumed they would check to make sure that all firmware was up to date and so-on, but clearly that is not of major concern to them lol.

They generally only update your firmware if they have to. But being the type of person i am, i like to have the latest and most up to date tech that i can (when practical) and especially being that i just got the car and its my first new car purchase, I'd like to have it. ....that's kinda what my $35k ($30k after talking them down lol) was all for!

#13 ·
yea i guess i could have included that lol. the instructions are also included in the second post on this thread which includes links to all of the MAZDA "OEM" updates in case the Mazda3 forum page confuses you (it took me a while not not get a headache from it all)

#23 ·
This is the kind of stuff that is going to get me into trouble lol! Any sort of computer hack or UI customization is like an addiction for me ? I'm only apprehensive because I haven't even had the car for a month yet and idk how solid these builds are and what the (statistical) risk of any one of them causing an major problem or if any of them aren't compatible with another and so on...cause once I start...God help me

#27 ·
oh...well shit lol...I'm just gonna go ahead and thank you in advance.

I'm going to follow that by also asking you a potentially stupid question as well...can i use the AOI tweaks and your SDK together?

(most of my "tweaking" and "coding" experience is either HTML or just gaming so all of this is fairly new to me)

.............EDIT: Im realizing now after re-reading your last reply that you may have already answered this...my bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.