Mazda 6 Forums banner

New Metra Double-Din Kit coming

41K views 113 replies 31 participants last post by  CorelReefer2002 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to spread the word that Metra has finally developed a Double-din kit for the 03-08 6. They move the Hazdard, Recirculation, A/C, and defroster buttons to either side...2 on each side... and will come in the same factory match colors that the single dins come in. I hope this will help some of you guys out.

#64 ·
#68 ·
Got my Metra Double Din kit ordered and will have it in the next couple weeks. Hopefully it looks as good as in the pics. Downfall is it is all black so will need some sort of vinyl or something to cover it or paint it to match :)

#84 ·
I got mine like 2 weeks ago. Simple install..I had to modify two little tabs for it to fit properly. But other than that it was a breeze. Sweet kit, soft buttons are awesome, and the look is great. Best part is it fits single or double din :)

#85 ·
It doesn't have the lines at all....thats the only part that is missing from the original but honestly I don't even notice the difference without it.

Too bad ya didn't make it to the BBQ we had Sixxer you could have seen it first hand :)

#94 ·
@MoonKnight, I can't figure out how to mount the kit. Do you really just screw it in using the hole on the left as your guide? That doesn't seem particularly secure. Also it looks like that left tab interferes with one of the harness plugs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Actually, that tab is in far enough that it will not interfere with the connection to that plug. it doesn't leave alot of room but it is just enough :)

#91 ·
I see what you mean there. The tab I had to modify was on the dash not on the kit itself but I was using the double din part of the kit.

Does your car have the electronic climate controls or the standard manual controls. If it has the electronic then you will not use that plug that the pocket blocks anyway. You will only use the plug on the left side of the kit (if you look at the front of the kit). The other plug is only needed for the manual controls as I said.

#93 ·
I wish they would allow me to post pics here..I have a bunch of pics to show the install but I did not want to setup a free pic account to just post them here :)

#95 · (Edited)
I'll help ya out

This is how the deck sits in -

Kit with the vents and the heater/ac controls -

Kit in the car no radio -

Kit didn't sit in well until I removed the 2 tabs in the next 2 pics -

Here is how it looks on the sides -

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.