Mazda 6 Forums banner

New Metra Double-Din Kit coming

41K views 113 replies 31 participants last post by  CorelReefer2002 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to spread the word that Metra has finally developed a Double-din kit for the 03-08 6. They move the Hazdard, Recirculation, A/C, and defroster buttons to either side...2 on each side... and will come in the same factory match colors that the single dins come in. I hope this will help some of you guys out.

#35 ·
Anyone know of any ddn kits for 6s between 06-08?

#36 ·
after doing some connect the dots, the kits werent cheap knockoffs. I think they were small line run. Both METRA and he seller were from the same area in florida. Convenient they are being redone to be a tad better, as well as end sales around the same time the 99-7523B are coming out.

#41 ·
I sent an email to the guy selling the double din dash kit on ebay asking about the product and it pretty much confirms that he is now working with Metra on the kit. The email said "we have 300 on order bezel are done but electronics arn't by the time they ship* 2 maybe 3mounths out, but they are comming thanks for your interest keep in touch will let you know when i get amore pinpoint date"

#43 ·
Looks like they are making it for the 03-05 but not for the 06-08. I wonder if these will work just not have the lip thats on either side to match the rest the console?

If thats all it is I may have to buy it and use it as I plan to wrap all those pieces anyway...maybe just put my parts in the other 6 I have an use its parts for the wrap. :/

#48 ·
I'm going to be selling my old eBay double din kit that I haven't had a chance to install with school and work etc. anybody interested hit me up! Brand new still in the original box and packaging.

Old pic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#50 ·
Idk brand new unopened I've already got a few people interested as this seems like one of the last ones around. I'm thinking $250-$275 is fair considering the $400 metra will supposably be charging.

#54 ·
I think if I got offered like $225 or so I'd take that because I paid almost that alone for the item with overseas shipping plus what I've gotta put in for shipping it myself, I think that's fair.

Ill be listing it eventually if anybody's serious they can PM me in the meantime.

#55 · (Edited)
I think if I got offered like $225 or so I'd take that because I paid almost that alone for the item with overseas shipping plus what I've gotta put in for shipping it myself, I think that's fair.

Ill be listing it eventually if anybody's serious they can PM me in the meantime.
so your not in the states? because the seller on ebay is in the US and had free shipping and wasn't international. Now if your not in the states then I take back what I say because you paid extra for shipping and now have to pay shipping.

#56 ·
I certainly want to get one but would like to see if the Metra one is truly going to be $399 retail....I am sure I can get it for half that at my cost from a local car audio store.

Has Metra posted the price or is that speculation at the $399 mark?

#57 ·
Im sure that price is speculation from the autotoys eebsite from just going off the kanatechs dd kit. IF that is the retail price that metra will be selling it for,then thats a rip. I can understand something like a $25-$50 price hike but $200?!? Just because its the only kit on the market,I highly doubt they will move alot of units at that price. For that price Id rather go with the kanatechs kit. Atleast the kanatechs a/c buttons match more oem than the new metra.

#58 ·
Autotoys shows $275 now...they may have got a price list from metra...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.