Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazda 6 2005 Bose cd-changer and yatour/xcarlink-link

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  CarlitoswayPR 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys :)

First of all, this community is a real asset for Mazda owners, I've really found alot of great information and guides here:)

To my problem;
I recently bought a Mazda 6 wagon, 2005 model. It has the Bose headunit with in-dash cd-changer.

My question is (I've searched the forum, but cannot find a clear answere);

Can I use the devices such as the yatour digital cd changer and the xcarlink device with this model, without the soldering a connection at L716?
I found a post that states that it workes, but it didn't say if the person had to do that to make it work.

I hope someone can give me a answere :)

- morphen

#2 ·
It should work. The "fix" is only for the 2004's.

#4 ·
Thanks guys :) Will be installing it tonight:)

#5 ·
Mines a 04' so I did have to do the solder but the xcarlink works great. I like mine. Make sure you read the instructions on how to remove the console so you don't break anything (if you have the manual climate controls make sure you remove those extra screws behind the knobs) and take your time. It's real simple. I did mine a little hastily and damaged one of the tabs for the cupholder section so it broke off after the third or fourth time I removed the console :(

#6 ·
console removal was no problem, have the automatic A/C, so everything followed the HU on it's way out:)

But when I connected the yatour device, the cd just kept playing, and hitting the cd button again did nothing :/ I guess I will have to solder a 0-ohm connection @L-716 :(

#7 ·
Ah that's strange. It's not very difficult to do the jumper, just make sure you don't lose any of the little screws when you open up the hu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.