Turn Off Factory Alarm - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Visual / Audio > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > In Car Electronics
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, I'm having some major issues with my '05 Mazda 6s. I had a remote starter put in back in January. It was working fine, then I randomly started noticing that when I hit the unlock button from my remote, the factory alarm goes off. Now, this seems to be happening almost everytime I unlock my door. The worst part is that I cannot turn off the alarm without putting the key in the door and unlocking that way. This is QUITE annoying.

I spoke with the installer, and they said that the remote has nothing to do with it. He said that I can turn the factory alarm off, by turning the key in the drivers side door twice to the right? Is this true? All I want to do is stop this damn alarm from going off all the time! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
dcusick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2005, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Learners License

I have the remote start viper alarm as well. Problem is using the lock buttons on the inside to lock arms the factory alarm as well. A test is to get out of the car while it's off and driver door open, hit lock, close the door and quickly look at the headlight cluster for the factory alarm light flash thing. Unlock using key to turn off factory alarm.

I don't know a fix other than never hitting those lock buttons. I had your same problem but honestly after learning what causes it I never set off the factory again.
thefury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2005, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

i put a 771xv in my 05 6s and I hooked up the door lock/unlock outputs from the alarm/remote starter brain to both the lock and unlock wire AND the arm disarm wires, SO... when I unlock it disarms the alarm, and when I lock it arms both my aftermarket alarm and the factory one. It also disarms the alarm when I remote start without unlocking the doors which was done by hooking up the keysense wire.
jk47h3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.