6 OWNERS from Alberta - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2004, exactly the same as yours except it's grey and i swapped the milk moustache grill for the sport one.

2004 Mazda6 GT-V6 MTX Sedan
Dark Gray Metallic/GFX/Luxury
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Disko Fleshpot@Jul 6 2005, 10:21 AM
2004, exactly the same as yours except it's grey and i swapped the milk moustache grill for the sport one.
[snapback]448852[/snapback]

Cool, so you don't have an antenna then, right? I'm just curious. I have not seen another 6 in Calgary that has the antenna in the back window. Not yet anyway. Did you get it from Kramer?
post #13 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 03:37 PM

i have the antenna, but i swapped the oem horsewhip for a stubby. got my car from sunridge mazda.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Disko Fleshpot@Jul 6 2005, 12:37 PM
i have the antenna, but i swapped the oem horsewhip for a stubby. got my car from sunridge mazda.
[snapback]449017[/snapback]

That is so weird. My car did not have an antenna when I bought it. It has it in the back window above the defrost lines. So it looks like I have more defrost lines. Anyway, the 2003 USA models have this. In 2004 (USA) they changed to the antenna (as I understand it). Canada started selling the 6 in 2004, right

Anyway, I haven't met anyone in Calgary yet that has the same thing. But I'm sure they are out there someplace.

I was going to by from Sunridge but the sales guy ticked me off. So I went to Kramer. How is the service at Sunridge? Kramer has been pretty good to me, I figure. Just curious.

post #15 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM

Sunridge service is OK -- they haven't given me grief or broke anything on my car or van yet... but then again, all service departments are good (for oil changes, etc) until you have an issue, and you need them to work with you in resolving it. That's when the baddies begin showing up. Sunridge has performed TSB related work without arguing with me, something I appreciate a lot.

Sunridge parts department is kinda poor though. I find their guys not too friendly, helpful, or accurate. Once, they tried to give me the wrong oil filter for my car, and I actually had to argue with them about it. Also, I recently tried to buy an ATF crush washer for my MPV and the guy couldn't seem to find a part number. Ended up recommending a $150 flush, as opposed to the $0.90 washer I was trying to buy.

The North Hill parts gal on the other hand, seems really good. She knew what part I was talking about, how long it was going to take to bring it in, and even double checked my VIN to make sure I was getting the right parts. I've bought stuff from them several times now, and I think I've found a winner for parts.

Test_Drive

2005 Mazda6 GT hatch, v6, 5 speed manual. In Dark Grey Metallic.
2003 Mazda MPV. In Coastal Blue.
post #16 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:34 PM

yeah the antenna thing is weird. i have seen a performance yellow 6 around calgary without the roof antenna (driven by a blonde lady). build date of my car is august 2004. anyways, i'd rather have no roof antenna. kills the line of the car and it's just one more thing to get fooking broken or stolen.

sunridge sales was alright. my sales guy was fine, not too much of a fooking prick (unlike the beyotch i dealt with at sunridge nissan). i was happy as long as i got the car without being bent over too much for it.

test_drive is right, sunridge service is ok. had a couple of issues (driver's seat shifting and the dreaded brake squeal) recently. the first problem they couldn't reproduce (naturally), and the second they changed the brake pads for me, but only when the head service guy jerry got on the job. the first chick who dealt with me couldn't reproduce the squeal. jerry is a good guy and apparently he is the #1 mazda service guy in north america, whatever that means. anyways, my oil changes have been fast and realtively cheap.

haven't experienced the parts dept, but i did have to go to northhill for touch-up paint, and yeah, the girl at parts there is great. even recommended me an awesome guy who does their scratch repair, and got a wicked repair job from him cheap as hell.

never been to kramer -- too freaking far in the boondocks.

looks like 6 drivers are still a small but distinguised group in cowtown!

post #17 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I bought my car Sept 2004. -I'm still trying to figure out this antenna thing. But it's not too important.

---

I went to Kramer cause it was close at the time. Then after I buy my car they move. Ah well... the Anderson LRT is right across the street so that's handy.

I have brought my car in there many times with issues. They are probably annoyed with me already. But they have never complained or argued with me yet. I've had them change my window (scratched), fan relay (recall), heater fan motor (rattled), and brakes (moaned). I think that was it... can't remember. So far so good....

I have not tried to buy parts yet. But I need some touch up paint too. So I'll probably find out Friday. Also, my tint has a small air bubble, so I need them to look at that too. I hope they do something about that.

Anyway, I've seen an Orange 6 by my place. Disko Fleshpot's grey one... and a couple of silver ones. But that's it.... I haven't seen any of the other colors on the road at all...
post #18 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:54 PM

For the antenna thing: Mazda Canada and Mazda USA each have their own model year designations. USA 2003 Mz6's have the window antenna; the same car was called a 2004 in Canada. 2004's in the USA switched to the mast antenna. In Canada, these cars were called..... 2004. So, for Canadian cars, a "2004" could mean one of two model years. I believe that things match up for 2005+ models.

Oh, and the touchup paint. When I bought paint for my car, they gave me the wrong colour at Sunridge -- that wonderful parts guy again. I knew because I was expecting them to screw this up, and they did. I'd double check the paint code (on the driver's door jamb) BEFORE actually touching anything up .... otherwise your car might look like it's got a bad case of acne.

Last note: Jerry @ Sunridge is pretty good. Unfortunatley, I hear he's leaving. Henk is supposed to be his replacement, and we'll see how that goes. I would try North Hill, but I'd prefer not to -- because their lot is so small, I know that my car would be quadruple parked there, and the lot boys will be moving it several times per day. You know that eventually, you are going to get a ding or curb rash from all the parking / reparking. Otherwise, I hear NH is not bad for service.

Test_Drive

post #19 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

... I remember one last thing I got fixed... the door latches were replaced (they froze in winter all the time).

Anyway, so basiclly you could look at it like this then. Canada has kinda 2 models in the 2004 year? Is that correct? At any rate I'm happy I don't have the antenna. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I just think it looks like a VW.

Thanks for the info about the door panel code. I didn't know that was there. But how may Onyx Blacks could there be?

post #20 of 608 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 PM

Hehe, there may only be one "Onyx Black", but you may not get that colour when the parts guy hands it over to ya. Before you shake the damn thing, they all look the same: dark.

BTW, dark grey metallic (steel grey in the USA) is 26X.

For the 2004 thing: Think of it as a mid-year change, as car manufacturers update things all the time without waiting into next year. It's only confusing because the model year designation doesn't match that of USA cars, which is unusual. As to why Mazda switched: I hear it was a cost issue, radio reception performance issue, supplier issue. Take your pick!

I only know this, because I was shopping the 6 at the time. Due to some funny circumstances, I didn't buy until Dec 2004.

Test_Drive

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page