Mazda 6 Forums banner

AP and ubuntu?

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MWSpeed6 
#1 ·
Any of you Get Access port working on ubuntu linux. I've been trying for days with no luck. Don't want to dual boot. Might have to go back to windows :(

#2 ·
You're running a virtual windows setup- using VirtualBox or similar, right? Cause that should run fine once you get your USB stuff configured.

AP/ATR only runs on windows.

#4 ·
Ya I gave up. The virtual box had mouse issues. I reinstalled windows 7. Freaking garbage :(

#5 ·
I just had to do something similar, because I switched to a mac book pro. I finally got ATR working with Virtual Box and Windows 7. It takes some work and configuration. You kinda need to know what you're doing, or follow some guide (there's probably one in MSF if you need instructions), because this stuff isn't exactly intuitive. It's kinda silly to have a windows VM just to run ATR, but oh well. Anyway, you should be able to do the same in a Ubuntu host, since Virtual Box works in Ubuntu. AP manager should work as well, as long as you set up USB correctly on Virtual Box (so that your VM has access to your AP when you plug it in).

Software Text Technology Screenshot Computer program

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.