Mazda 6 Forums banner

2016 Mazda6 GT - Interior question

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  my95tsi 
#1 ·
I got into an argument with a buddy of mine when i told him how most interior trim pieces in his new RDX is plastic made to look like aluminium. He said my Mazda 6 is no different and is all plastic too. I was adamant that the trim pieces in an M6 is actual brushed aluminium, but upon a closer inspection it looks like the big middle trim that runs the length of the dashboard is all plastic, and so are the trims around AC vents, door handles etc. The leather seats have edges that looks like leather but most of the seat looks synthetic.

Am i wrong ? Which trim pieces inside a Mazda6 GT is actual aluminium and leather ?

#6 ·
Darn it ! So my GT has no real aluminum then ? I could've sworn i read in some magazine or a youtube video that the 2016 Mazda6 GT has real aluminum trim inside, guess my friend was right after all !

You guys are right about the leather, upon a closer look, it looks like most of the door inserts, seat bolsters, headrest,dash etc are vinyl even on GT.

These car companies sure know how to make a buck ! I can get sq foot of aluminum for less than $40. Why cant they use real brushed aluminum instead of cheap plastic made to look like aluminum on a 32k car ? Sigh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.