Mazda 6 Forums banner

New modification - LED DRL Fog lamp cover

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DeletePhoto 
#1 ·
So a couple of weeks ago I purchased these

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Exce...r-Mazda-6-ATENZA-M6-2013-Car/32229880475.html

and today they finally arrived. Installation was quick and easy took about 15 minutes to get the wiring done and about 10 minutes to remove the old fog light cover and install this one.

Here are some pics.

Black wire to battery (negative)

Red wire to ACC (fuse)

Came out pretty neat IMO, but lmk what you guys think of this mod.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Surprisingly they are not bad at all pretty good quality and they fit great. So far I have no complains about these at all they run well every time. They are also water proof as well I was driving in heavy rain and floods and every time I drove through a puddle my traction control sign would pop up and all I can think of is whether or not they were still working.

#4 ·
Thanks, that's good to know.

I've seen pictures and its really just an LED and an optic tube...not too much to go wrong. However, you never know when you're talking about Chinese-made electronics. There's some pretty cheap (cost and quality) stuff out there.

#7 · (Edited)
@btp589

No cutting wires or anything basically just removing the old fog light from the factory bezzel and attaching it to the new one (LED one) and then the wires are already there, you just need to put them to the right spot (Black to negative as pictured and red wire tapped to the ACC)
What messed me up was realizing that both LEDs had to be plugged in for them to light up. Anyway it should take you no longer than 30 minutes.

Oh yea and once the red wire is tapped to your ACC, when the car is turned on the lights come on. So whether or not your car is in drive, park, reverse, or neutral they would always be on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.