Seriously considering trading a month old 2014 Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Mazda6 (Atenza) > 3rd-Gen
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Seriously considering trading a month old 2014 Mazda 6

I am seriously considering trading in my 2014 Mazda 6 Sport 6MT.
I am considering a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 non-tech that was sitting at the dealers for a while, or a tech model plus 2.4K more on top of my trade.
I really like the exterior styling on the new Mazda 6 and the 25 MPG city, but it feels old on the inside even though it is a little over a month old vehicle. Mazda 6 should feel like a family sedan that it is not a noisy race car that is not.

I went in for the inspection with my 2014 Mazda 6 Sport 6MT for the following warranty items:
1. The boot noise snapping the center console.
2. Squeaking and loose center console.
3. Drivers side dashboard speaker cover rattle.
4. Excessive wind noise coming from the driverís side window.

The technician took it for a short 5 min ride.
To my surprise, the tech only confirmed the item no. 4.
The service manager was not in or I would ask to go for a ride along in another inspection.
I am disappointed in the new Mazda 6 and I am regretting passing on a 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT, despite its ugly styling, which I test drove before buying the new 2014 Mazda 6.
1989 Mazda MX6 (sold )

iggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

strange, I havent had any of those issues with my Touring.

Sorry man, I hope you can get them fixed.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts

Neither on mine (Touring 6MT).

Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

But before "pulling the trigger", why not send a email to Mazda Corporate...then see what they will do for you.
ExB5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

The problems you describe really dont sound like grounds to trade in a month old car. It kinda sounds like your looking for excuses to trade the car in because its not what you want. Buyers remorse sucks. Ive been there. You shouldnt be having these problems in a brand new car but it is a first model year car some some teething problems are to be expected. If you like the car just get the issues taken care of. Talk to the service manager. Its really minor stuff. If your just having regrets about the car in general and you can afford the depreciation then get what you want. Maybe take more time to choose.
GeraldEGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldEGB For This Useful Post:
Rainmens (06-10-2013)
Old 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 51 Post(s)

I don't think the issues are minor stuff. The wind noise @45-50mph was there from the get go. In a brand new car, that is unacceptable. The boot snapping, the center console loose as heck. My 1999 Camry has more solid center console than this car.
I've been car shopping since Oct of last year. I test drove the new 6 in Jan of this year and placed my order on a Sport 6MT. I waited 3 full months for it to arrive.
I emailed Mazda before I went for the inspection, and they said they will follow with the dealer. Guess what they will tell Mazda..
I don't have patience for this.
1989 Mazda MX6 (sold )

iggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
I don't think the issues are minor stuff. The wind noise @45-50mph was there from the get go. In a brand new car, that is unacceptable. The boot snapping, the center console loose as heck. My 1999 Camry has more solid center console than this car.
I've been car shopping since Oct of last year. I test drove the new 6 in Jan of this year and placed my order on a Sport 6MT. I waited 3 full months for it to arrive.
I emailed Mazda before I went for the inspection, and they said they will follow with the dealer. Guess what they will tell Mazda..
I think Mazda will treat you right. I have not had those issues you speak of but that doesn't mean they don't exist. In regards to the Accord, I have read a few comments from some owners that the transmission is giving them issues and that an issue has not been addressed that was also present in the previous generation Accord. Give a little more patience and everything will work out.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
I think Mazda will treat you right. I have not had those issues you speak of but that doesn't mean they don't exist. In regards to the Accord, I have read a few comments from some owners that the transmission is giving them issues and that an issue has not been addressed that was also present in the previous generation Accord.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Wind noise would be a big turn off for me. I am considering Mazda6 for my next car purchase, but if the ride is too loud I might consider a Ford Fusion instead (which supposedly has one of quietest interiors in its class). Would Touring have the same issues with wind noise and the center console?
Jacob13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

i dont have any wind noise problems, but the lower center console does have a lot of "play" when you use your knees to move it, but mine does not have any rattle or noises from that area. remember the mazda 6 is orientated as a sports sedan so more road "noises" than normal is expected imo
-Custom interior LEDs + Plates LEDs
-3M FX HP 20%R /35%F
Jerrycobra is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts

I think if you habitually hit the center console with your knees, more often than not, it will annoy, rattle and squeak in time...just like any other.

Notice that in this car, the center console/transmission is pretty high..compare that to other midsize out there. Gives you that "high center tunnel" feel ala "low slung seats"...racy somewhat, like sitting inside a Miata.

With that said, the center console should be more secure..more rigid in place. Surely, Mazda will take note on this (keep up the emails) and will be addressed in a prompt fashion. They cannot risk failing sales..for a post-Ford, breakthrough car, like the M6.

Ditto. This is minor stuff. Besides, you already took an immediate hit in new car value (once you drove it off the lot).

Weigh in the pros/cons FIRST..If I'm in your shoes, I'll not trade-in a one month old car....all for some negligible annoyance. Money-wise, I won't even think twice of doing such.

My old Passat, when was new I noticed squeaks/road noise in a month (known issue)...Heck, I kept it for nearly 13yrs. Same "situation" as yours...

It's like a having a "wife" ....Told myself: "Live (and LOVE) with it."

Any man can handle it..

Last edited by ExB5; 06-10-2013 at 05:24 AM.
ExB5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ExB5 For This Useful Post:
alpinefun (06-10-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.